PDA

View Full Version : Dominos Pizza

stekar
09-May-12, 16:56
Noticed a mobile Dominos Pizza unit will be in Lidls on 15 May (Thurso) and 16 May (Wick). We love Dominos pizza, best you can get.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this :eek:

Alrock
09-May-12, 17:09
Do they still do the "30 minutes or free"?
If so, why not get organised on here & get as many people as possible to order their pizza at exactly the same time, see how they cope & how many free pizzas are handed out...
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

brandy
09-May-12, 17:33
where is the details *Laughs* will so be there!

tennents
09-May-12, 17:47
hi brandy the deatails are in lidls, just as soon as ur coming out u'll see it :)

tennents
09-May-12, 17:49
Last time i had a domino's was when i was due to have my youngest in 2010, i had a really hot spicy pizza, cant wait to get another one, oh an 2 for twenty pounds good deal, ill defo be going :)

we havent had this before have we? do you think they might be coming to town for real? where could they go?

Alrock
09-May-12, 17:56
....do you think they might be coming to town for real? where could they go?

Maybe the Thurso Mart site....
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

tennents
09-May-12, 18:01
Maybe the Thurso Mart site....

thought tesco's owned that but then again correct my if i am wrong was there not a thing of if they dont start building soon then it will be taking off them or they cant afford it just now or something along them lines, could just be imagining it but i think i seen it somewhere lol

brandy
09-May-12, 18:01
lol.. will have to try and get to lidls! no car so walking everywhere! and in the shop.. trying to pack up.. sort house.. do the kids stuff and be preg! overwhelmed! *lol* but will def. take time for a dominos pizza! anyone know the times they are gonna be there?

ducati
09-May-12, 18:06
Try Castletown Chip Shop. The Pizzas are every bit as good and about 1/3 of the price. :cool: Special deal on a Sunday so even better value.

brandy
09-May-12, 18:16
nope sorry ducati.. no pizza is as good as domino's *G* and cant walk to castletown!

George Brims
09-May-12, 20:51
If you think Domino's pizza is the best then I assume you think MacDonald's is the best restaurant around?

MrChow
09-May-12, 20:57
If you think Domino's pizza is the best then I assume you think MacDonald's is the best restaurant around?

Don't be stupid. Burger King is the best.

brandy
09-May-12, 21:49
nope George.. but im preg. and my taste is unique to say the least.. as far as pizza goes, yes i prefer dominos. sorry if it dosent agree with your sensibilities *G* ugghh burger king.. yuck! not my style.. and the last time i had a mcdonalds i was sick.. baby did not like it! usually go to subway and ask for a 6 inch meatball sub, and a garden salad of pickles.. YUMMY!!!!

alanatkie
09-May-12, 21:59
Have to agree ducati. Castletown chippy pizza is ace And brandy they do a delivery service.

Angel
09-May-12, 22:21
I suspect Dominoes is doing this for research purposes.. If you want a dominoes up here then go buy, if not then stay away...
I have had some wonderful Pizza from DeVita's in Wick as well as from Walligoe Steps cafe... Anybody else tried these?

Angel...

newweecroft
09-May-12, 23:46
Tried devitas..... they looked fantastic but i found the base very dissapointing and undercooked. I think they are bought in (and cheap) I was expecting fresh homemade dough to be tossed but alass.I have only had pizza in Italy once but did work for an old Italian chap in my teens as a delivery driver he struggled to complete a sentance in english but boy could he make a pizza. So when I see an Italian pizzaria that is what I lookfard to. In short I had 1slice, had I not already left wick and been heading home I would have returned it for a refund. As it was, the bin got the pleasure! That bad!

joxville
10-May-12, 03:06
One of the benefits of not living in Caithness is having a Domino's 2 minutes drive away from my house....of course, I get them to deliver mine :-)

Bilbster
10-May-12, 12:43
And brandy they do a delivery service.

Suspect the delivery charge to Wick will cost more than the pizza

neilsermk1
10-May-12, 12:48
I know this might be a bit radical, but how about making yer own? Its easy, and you know exactly whats in it. And no transport required

George Brims
10-May-12, 19:36
Don't be stupid. Burger King is the best.
I know that. I was using MacD's as an example because they are so bad. Except the breakfast things (that I'm not allowed to eat any more).

brandy
11-May-12, 16:09
because maybe i would like a treat of dominos pizza? why all the hating! and besides the kids and i will often make our own pizza.. wow a lot of comments because im keen to buy a domino's pizza *laughs*

Alrock
11-May-12, 16:21
Just out of curiosity....

What make a Dominos pizza so much better than any other pizza?
Do the have the pizza equivalent of the Top Secret KFC coating?

Jeid
11-May-12, 16:48
Dominos in Thurso? When?

D'oh! I was too excited. I'm in!

stekar
11-May-12, 17:00
It's going to be there from midday to approx 10pm.

Don't know what makes them so delicious, but it's always a treat for us when we head down the road. :D

Corrie 3
11-May-12, 17:05
Just out of curiosity....

What make a Dominos pizza so much better than any other pizza?
Do the have the pizza equivalent of the Top Secret KFC coating?
It's the "Domino Effect"...it knocks you over!!!

C3.................:roll:;)

oldmarine
11-May-12, 20:01
I have alwys enjoyed eating Domino's Pizza. In fact I like most of the competitors Pizza. I guess I'm just a Pizza lover.

stekar
15-May-12, 08:14
Mmmm, wonder what's for tea tonight ;)

shazzap
15-May-12, 11:39
I prefer my own homw made. But i also like the wraps from Macdonalds. The Chilli Chicken one. Only have it now and again, but enjoy it when i do.

Bobinovich
15-May-12, 19:15
Well if the queues in Thurso were anything to go by then folk this side of the county either really like Domino's pizzas or really fancied a change from the usual fayre! Have heard of folk waiting an hour and a half from arrival to getting their order, in a wind-exposed car park, & braving sleety rain showers...however all the verdicts I've heard have been very positive...

stekar
15-May-12, 20:11
Waited over an hour and a half, freezing cold especially when the hailstones started. But, the pizzas were delicious. Couldn't believe how many people were there!

cezzy1234
15-May-12, 21:47
i toked to someone from the main office today they told me there going to start coming here every 30 days

gerry4
15-May-12, 22:13
Dominos in Thurso? When?

D'oh! I was too excited. I'm in!

Don't get too excited if they built one in all the places they visit they would go broke. The tour is on here https://www.facebook.com/DominosPizzaOnTour

(https://www.facebook.com/DominosPizzaOnTour)

pinotnoir
16-May-12, 10:07
All that dough kneaded to be made in Caithness.

MrChow
16-May-12, 14:12
i toked to someone from the main office today they told me there going to start coming here every 30 days

They are coming back to Thurso and Wick in July. Hopefully better queueing weather :D