PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Statement !!

Corrie 3
08-May-12, 18:05
A similar case in Derby last year and now the same in Rochdale. In both cases the victims were white vulnerable teenage girls and the accused of Asian origin!!
The police and the CPS state that the case isn't a race case but it seems the CE of the Ramadhan Foundation says it is..............."They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought"......."There should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17989463

"Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of of the Ramadhan Foundation accused Pakistani community elders of "burying their heads in the sand" on the issue of on-street grooming.

"There is a significant problem for the British Pakistani community," he said.
"There should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals.
"They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought; it is this sort of behaviour that is bringing shame on our community."

It makes me feel so sad when I read things like this, I feel our once Great country is going backwards instead of forward!!
(and before anyone accuses me of being racist for bringing this up........I don't give a monkey's)!!!!

C3......................:(

Phill
08-May-12, 18:24
And what is it that is driving us backwards? Very worthwhile subject matter but your issue is??

golach
08-May-12, 19:00
It makes me feel so sad when I read things like this, I feel our once Great country is going backwards instead of forward!!
(and before anyone accuses me of being racist for bringing this up........I don't give a monkey's)!!!!C3......

Our once Great Country????? Your the one that is always on about independence and the splitting up of the Union, now its Our Great country, and you not a racist!!!! Aye right!!!!! Why bother bringing up old news?

Corrie 3
08-May-12, 19:03
And what is it that is driving us backwards? Very worthwhile subject matter but your issue is??
I want to know why these Asian Men think that white girls are worthless, what's it all about? I must admit I don't understand !!

C3..............:eek:

Corrie 3
08-May-12, 19:06
Our once Great Country????? Your the one that is always an about independence and the splitting up of the Union, now its Our Great country, and you not a racist!!!! Aye right!!!!! Why bother bringing up old news?
As I said golach, I don't give a monkeys at you calling me !! And how is it old news when it's only today that men have been found guilty of a disgusting offence!!!
If you have no opinion on the offence then belt up!!

C3..............[disgust]

Alice in Blunderland
08-May-12, 19:26
I want to know why these Asian Men think that white girls are worthless, what's it all about? I must admit I don't understand !!

C3..............:eek:

I think you would have to ask these men this question to see if you can get an answer.

equusdriving
08-May-12, 20:07
[/B](and before anyone accuses me of being racist for bringing this up........I don't give a monkey's)!!!!

C3......................:(

No you clearly only give a monkeys when you are accusing others of being racist for expressing similar views to this! Hypocrite springs to mind!

John Little
08-May-12, 20:22
Well it's England C3 so 'our once great country' may not apply much longer if you have your way...

rich62_uk
08-May-12, 20:34
Q... Why is Corrie being called a racist ? I am lost ?

Corrie 3
08-May-12, 21:01
Q... Why is Corrie being called a racist ? I am lost ?
Don't worry about it Rich, I don't!! I think it's mainly because I support the SNP and use the word Incomers..(which is a normal word to use for people coming into a community, not a derogatory one).
But once again we have thread drift, people turning on the poster rather than the post!
Now, does anyone know why this dreadful crime has happened twice in a year in the UK? Gangs of Asian Men passing around white teenage girls who are seen as "worthless".
I must admit to not having any Pakistani friends, I have friends who are from India but as you know, Indian's and Pakistani's are not the best of friends so it's no use me asking them for an explanation or a reason!
Am I the only one on the .Org that thinks there is something drastically wrong here?

C3.................:eek:[disgust]

billmoseley
08-May-12, 21:06
we saw this problem first hand when we lived in england. our neighbours daughter was taken in by these sort of men in was horrible to watch and listen to when the men came round shouting abuse at her parents. it took many months for the police to take it seriously and then even longer to sort out the problem. the young girl was never the same. Corrie is not being racist he is bring up a problem which is rife in some town in england. you have to live there and see it first hand

equusdriving
08-May-12, 21:11
No C3 I agree totally, but can you explain why you are entitled to state these views, but when others express similar views you class it as racist and chuck your dummy!!

rich62_uk
08-May-12, 21:30
The word racist should not be branded around easily, its a terrible thing to be accused of or to actually be. I have been on the receiving end of it as a child and as an adult unfortunately so know first hand how it can make a person feel.

Phill
08-May-12, 21:38
There is a cultural issue mixed with religious interpretations and some racial elements. As Alice says, you'd really need to speak to those involved to get anywhere near understanding it.

The issue itself needs dealing with head on, but with an open mind.
I don't actually know what the coppers & CPS said when they implied it wasn't a race case. Remember the media can't be trusted and love stirring the issue with sound bites.

Phill
08-May-12, 21:40
I think these predators should be deported immediately, out of this country.Is this an option for all sex offenders? And where do we deport them too??

shazzap
08-May-12, 21:41
Don't worry about it Rich, I don't!! I think it's mainly because I support the SNP and use the word Incomers..(which is a normal word to use for people coming into a community, not a derogatory one).
But once again we have thread drift, people turning on the poster rather than the post!
Now, does anyone know why this dreadful crime has happened twice in a year in the UK? Gangs of Asian Men passing around white teenage girls who are seen as "worthless".
I must admit to not having any Pakistani friends, I have friends who are from India but as you know, Indian's and Pakistani's are not the best of friends so it's no use me asking them for an explanation or a reason!
Am I the only one on the .Org that thinks there is something drastically wrong here?

C3.................:eek:[disgust]
No your not. I think these predators should be deported immediately, out of this country. Minus a few digits, and other bits.

shazzap
08-May-12, 21:44
Is this an option for all sex offenders? And where do we deport them too??

No, obviously not. I am talking about the ones that come here from other countries. Then think they can commit atrocities like this. As for the home grown abusers. They should have the digits and other bits removed, and then jailed for life. Forgot to say. Deport back whence they came.

gerry4
08-May-12, 22:09
So those nursery workers who filmed themselves abusing kids in their care, were they white, black, red, yellow or what? That kind of thing happens in all races. Girls are imported from Eastern Europe, Asia to satisfy men from all parts of the world. What colour or race was Gary Glitter and where did he go to satisfy his sexual urges?

You can find hundreds of cases where white european males seek out young girls for sex.

shazzap
08-May-12, 22:16
So those nursery workers who filmed themselves abusing kids in their care, were they white, black, red, yellow or what? That kind of thing happens in all races. Girls are imported from Eastern Europe, Asia to satisfy men from all parts of the world. What colour or race was Gary Glitter and where did he go to satisfy his sexual urges?

You can find hundreds of cases where white european males seek out young girls for sex.

Why has this turned into a race issue. This is about abuse of vulnerable children and young woman. it does not matter who/what/colour or creed, committed this crime. It is wrong and heinous.

golach
08-May-12, 22:17
And how is it old news when it's only today that men have been found guilty of a disgusting offence!!! C3..............

this was in the Independent as far back as February, check the date on the link. So the case is old news, only the guilty verdicts are todays news.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/mob-attacks-asian-restaurant-linked-to-sex-grooming-court-case-7440671.html
What does disgust me more than this crime is yourself greeting about a free and independent Scotland and wanting nothing more to do with the United Kingdom, but suddenly when it suits you, you jump on your white charger and become British!!!

gerry4
08-May-12, 22:22
I totally agree. Rape & child abuse happens in all cultures and should be condemned of what it is, a person wanting power & control over another for their own gratification.

equusdriving
08-May-12, 22:43
What does disgust me more than this crime is yourself greeting about a free and independent Scotland and wanting nothing more to do with the United Kingdom, but suddenly when it suits you, you jump on your white charger and become British!!!

Hear Hear :)

Moira
08-May-12, 22:50
A similar case in Derby last year and now the same in Rochdale. In both cases the victims were white vulnerable teenage girls and the accused of Asian origin!!
The police and the CPS state that the case isn't a race case but it seems the CE of the Ramadhan Foundation says it is..............."They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought"......."There should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17989463

"Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of of the Ramadhan Foundation accused Pakistani community elders of "burying their heads in the sand" on the issue of on-street grooming.

"There is a significant problem for the British Pakistani community," he said.
"There should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals.
"They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought; it is this sort of behaviour that is bringing shame on our community."

(and before anyone accuses me of being racist for bringing this up........I don't give a monkey's)!!!!

C3......................

I feel sad when I read posts like this.
I am white.
I have friends from all over the world.
Abuse, in all its non-beautiful forms, is prevelant all across Scotland & the Uk.
It makes no difference what colour, creed, religion of those who take part. It's wrong, right??

theone
08-May-12, 22:52
What annoys me more is that cases like this are described as a race/cultural/religious issue. As if that almost makes it understandable, if not acceptable.

I don't care a damn about your background. Laws are laws, respect them.

If your culture or religion doesn't agree, then the problem is not with the state, it is with you.

Secularism is the way forward.

Phill
08-May-12, 23:52
What annoys me more is that cases like this are described as a race/cultural/religious issue. As if that almost makes it understandable, if not acceptable.

I don't care a damn about your background. Laws are laws, respect them.
They may be described like that because that may be part of the underlying cause. I don't believe it makes it acceptable in any way, shape or form. However with understanding the causes there is an opportunity to prevent other similar cases, surely it is better to to try and prevent this type of horrific abuse than to bury our heads and ignore important factors contributing to the causes.
Otherwise we play into the hands of the likes of the EDL, and then we are going backwards.

Angel
09-May-12, 00:26
I have lived in the Asian community as well as worked with them. Females have little value across the board. White females are a conquest above their own colour. They are there to serve males in all aspects. It is the way they are. I remember one case where they only let the little girls play in the street on the road.. "why" I asked... 'insurance' was the reply! I was sickened by this and informed the police.

Angel...

Corrie 3
09-May-12, 04:27
I have lived in the Asian community as well as worked with them. Females have little value across the board. White females are a conquest above their own colour. They are there to serve males in all aspects. It is the way they are. I remember one case where they only let the little girls play in the street on the road.. "why" I asked... 'insurance' was the reply! I was sickened by this and informed the police.

Angel...
This is the sort of thing that bothers me about this case Angel. I agree with all who say that any colour or creed commits vile crime but for one of their own leaders to state that they have a problem with white girls being worthless makes it into a race problem. I know Asians have little respect for their own females but white females seem to have no respect at all from them and are being seen as a conquest as you say.
I can see this sort of thing starting race riots if it starts happening too often, Derby last year and Rochdale this year, where next?
And to Golach and Equusdriving, why do you think I want Scotland to be Independent when things like this are happening? This is just another good reason(among many) to leave England behind.

C3.............[disgust]

Alice in Blunderland
09-May-12, 07:12
OH MY GOD !!!!! I cannot believe some of the crap that I have just read on this thread. Seriously some folk need to step back and re read what they have typed.

All walks of society All cultures have good bad and indifferent people within them. I can google as many sick and depraved stories regarding white men, black men, green men from mars if I care to. What these men have done is sick, truly, however lets not get caught up with the Asian men have no respect for women.

What utter bollocks !! Some Asian men YES some ill educated Asian men YES the same as some European men some American men but to give such wide sweeping statements jeeez :roll:

Given that I am a poor lowly white female married to an Asian man from Pakistan from what I can read in some posts whose culture and religion cause him to think Im off a lower class I despair for my future. Also given that I have two WHITE daughters from my first marriage who are again from what I read possibly at seriously high risk from being groomed, beaten or even passed on to my husbands male Asian friends for some barbaric awfull potential future...... I despair for their future.

I now sit back and await for us to be rescued by our knight in shining armour from the Good old United Kingdom .....or Scotland ....I dont care where so long as I and my girls are rescued from this truly awfull life I must be living with my ASIAN husband !!! Annnnddddd if Scotland does get its independance from England what do you expect to happen....round up all Asian men and send them packing just in case??? Tighten border security so that NO Asian men can enter this country and put our innocent white women at risk ??

I would type more on this however I need to go tie myself to the kitchen sink and await my lord and masters return to the house....and where is he just now ?? Off saving white men women and children's life's I don't know why cause seemingly they are worthless :(

rich62_uk
09-May-12, 07:26
Alice.... Excellent post.

John Little
09-May-12, 07:29
Alice.... Excellent post.I agree........

RecQuery
09-May-12, 08:09
Just an observation given the rather misandrist tone of this thread, but it's amazing that female-on-male or female-on-female child sexual abuse/paedophilia is never covered by or given the same attention in the media despite it being more prevalent (http://i.imgur.com/TgBU8.png). If we expand this to include physical non-sexual abuse or emotional abuse of the children the figures are even worse.

Even the examples given here in hypothetical situations have all been about men.

EDIT: Original study (http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm09/cm09.pdf) [PDF], I have many more references if anyone wishes to challenge the veracity of this one.

Corrie 3
09-May-12, 08:30
however lets not get caught up with the Asian men have no respect for women.

If we are told that by an Asian Leader are we supposed to just ignore it Alice? If you read what he said he is the one who brought race into it.
Good post by the way, good to see that you are happy!!

C3.........;)

squidge
09-May-12, 08:39
The policeman involved in leading this investigation said that this is not a racial issue because he is currently investigating several other cases of on street grooming. None of these other cases involve asian men. I too have lived next door to pakistani families and amongst a pakistani community. I was never treated with anything other than respect and kindness. My pakistani friends were loving and kind to their daughters. It seems to me that you can choose to make this a race issue if it suits your political point of view but it really isnt. If you are truly concerned about respect for white girls then you may want to question why the police and CPS knew about this crime and took no action allowing the girl to continue to be abused. It was only until a new prosecutor took over and reviewed the case that action was taken. Oh, by the way.... The new prosecutor was an Asian man!

Alice in Blunderland
09-May-12, 08:55
If we are told that by an Asian Leader are we supposed to just ignore it Alice? If you read what he said he is the one who brought race into it.
Good post by the way, good to see that you are happy!!

C3.........;)

No we dont ignore it he is but one of many leaders :) this is a country where we practice freedom of speech however its getting to grips with what is good information and what is misinformation. He may have brought race into it however the bandwagon will soon be jumped on by many misinformed people and this in turn leads to more misunderstandings and mistrust. A never ending circle. However I do feel its good to debate these issues as the more its talked about and debated the more people will learn.

John Little
09-May-12, 09:19
It's always well to be careful of who the media describe as 'community leaders'. It's as if they are describing some sort of tribe in the 19th century.

What exactly is a 'community leader' and what is their mandate to speak for their community?

I'd be willing to bet that most of the members of the 'community' have never heard of this 'leader'.

Pinch of salt needed.

ducati
09-May-12, 09:39
This is the sort of thing that bothers me about this case Angel. I agree with all who say that any colour or creed commits vile crime but for one of their own leaders to state that they have a problem with white girls being worthless makes it into a race problem. I know Asians have little respect for their own females but white females seem to have no respect at all from them and are being seen as a conquest as you say.
I can see this sort of thing starting race riots if it starts happening too often, Derby last year and Rochdale this year, where next?
And to Golach and Equusdriving, why do you think I want Scotland to be Independent when things like this are happening? This is just another good reason(among many) to leave England behind.

C3.............[disgust]

Two issues with this post. "I know Asians have little respect for their own females" Proving beyond doubt you are are a racist biggot of the highest order.

and; "why do you think I want Scotland to be Independent when things like this are happening?" Are there no Asians in Scotland? And is that how you would like it?

Gronnuck
09-May-12, 09:53
Directly or indirectly the issue of ‘race’ undoubtedly played a significant part in the investigation of this case. The issue of grooming and sexual abuse first came to light in 2008. Yet complaints to social workers and the police were ignored. Former Labour MP for Keighley Ann Cryer said "This is an absolute scandal. They were petrified of being called racist and so reverted to the default of political correctness," she said. "They had a greater fear of being perceived in that light than in dealing with the issues in front of them."
The implication then is that we are not all equal before the law because if the alleged perpetrators are members of a minority ethnic group they are less likely to be rigorously investigated in case their sensibilities are offended.

RecQuery
09-May-12, 10:10
I suppose in this particular example it's a competition to see what gets people more butthurt:

Those evil asylum seeking immigrants who dare be born in another country
Those despicable racists who dare have contrary opinions on multiculturalism and immigration, who should be burnt like witches
Those vile paedophiles who should all be castrated and tortured to death

By the powers vested in me by the hysterical uneducated masses, by a text vote on Sky News, by mawkish documentaries, by a bloke I met in the pub who knew for definite and by the tabloid reading imbeciles I pronounce them all guilty!

This post is obviously satirical and is intended as a joke, I in no way hold the opinions expressed here.

Corrie 3
09-May-12, 10:17
No we dont ignore it he is but one of many leaders :) this is a country where we practice freedom of speech however its getting to grips with what is good information and what is misinformation. He may have brought race into it however the bandwagon will soon be jumped on by many misinformed people and this in turn leads to more misunderstandings and mistrust. A never ending circle. However I do feel its good to debate these issues as the more its talked about and debated the more people will learn.
I agree entirely Alice and your first hand knowledge has been invaluable. We must discuss events such as this and if it includes minorities we must not be jumped on and called racists (As has been seen on here many times).
To Ducati....Have you never heard of "Honour" killings? If an Asian girl brings disrespect to her Family she is very often killed, if Asian boys do the same they do not get killed. So you tell me that they dont treat their females the same as the males?.
And yes, we have Asians in Scotland but I have never seen a case yet of grooming white girls to pass around and God forbid it will never happen. I have trust in Scottish law, order and judiciary to investigate thoroughly any case in Scotland unlike the police in Rochdale.
And yes my Friend, you carry on calling me a racist...you are entitled to your opinion but on this subject you are very much wrong indeed!

C3.............:eek:

squidge
09-May-12, 11:01
It is interesting that it is suggested the police were loathe to investigate these crimes because they were afraid of being labelled racist. The way i heard it, it was actually because the police thought the girl was no better than she ought to be, a bit of a slapper and up for it. They felt this would mean her lack of credibility made her an ' unreliable' witness. This is not a race issue, it is the age old problem of the society's attitude that some women deserve what they get as far as sex crimes go. This is the reason many women STILL dont report sex crimes and is far more of an issue than the race of the offender

Phill
09-May-12, 11:06
Alice, good post.

C3, you are proving to be a bigoted, ignorant troll. I suggest you get out of the tub in Lybster and have a look around the make-up of the communities in other areas of Scotland.

Yes, some Asian families & communities treat there females differently. My guess is you wouldn't find many on the streets at night being plied with alcohol and drugs. Family values are still held in pretty high esteem by many communities. Most of them sadly are not indigenous 'whites'.

Part of the cultural (and maybe even race) issue / problem is the fact that some 'white' girls, young teenage girls, can go out in the evenings and come 'home'? drunken and under the influence of drugs and their family and peers seem to find this acceptable.

There is no excuse for what those men did, however, you do need to look at why it appears to some that 'white girls' seem to be considered worthless. Maybe that is right, just the people deeming them worthless are their 'white' families.

shazzap
09-May-12, 11:24
Alice, good post.

C3, you are proving to be a bigoted, ignorant troll. I suggest you get out of the tub in Lybster and have a look around the make-up of the communities in other areas of Scotland.

Yes, some Asian families & communities treat there females differently. My guess is you wouldn't find many on the streets at night being plied with alcohol and drugs. Family values are still held in pretty high esteem by many communities. Most of them sadly are not indigenous 'whites'.

Part of the cultural (and maybe even race) issue / problem is the fact that some 'white' girls, young teenage girls, can go out in the evenings and come 'home'? drunken and under the influence of drugs and their family and peers seem to find this acceptable.

There is no excuse for what those men did, however, you do need to look at why it appears to some that 'white girls' seem to be considered worthless. Maybe that is right, just the people deeming them worthless are their 'white' families.

There should be no. Howevers. I have worked with vulnerable young people, and it is not just white British females, who go out and get inebriated. Males and females from all cultures do this. The fact is they all deserve to be protected from all kinds of abuse.

Restlessnative
09-May-12, 12:21
You all want till take a good look at yourself, what a lot of dung!

Corrie 3
09-May-12, 12:29
C3, you are proving to be a bigoted, ignorant troll.
You are entitled to your opinion Phill and I have no problem with your name calling. I take it that you have no interest in this case or this thread, no one as yet has expanded on why it was a Muslim Leader who says that some of his creed who think that white girls are worthless!! If he is right (and I have no cause to disbelieve him) then that to me is very worrying as it means this problem will happen again if like minded males are still out there on the streets. You obviously know nothing on the art of grooming Phill and I suggest you read up on it...(that's if you are interested or even care what is happening to these children) many of whom have already gone through traumatic events in their lives and most of them (in the Derby case) were from broken homes, in Foster care or in care homes). They are very vulnerable and easily swayed when given attention and the perpetrators know this.
But you are not interested or bothered so I would just carry on with the name calling, it's probably what you are best at!!

C3.................:roll:[disgust]

Phill
09-May-12, 13:46
You are entitled to your opinion Phill and I have no problem with your name calling.It is my opinion, not a name calling exercise. Just read back through some of your posts and try and consider what you say with an unbiased view and tell me they are not ignorant or bigoted.

I take it that you have no interest in this case or this thread, no one as yet has expanded on why it was a Muslim Leader who says that some of his creed who think that white girls are worthless!! If he is right (and I have no cause to disbelieve him) then that to me is very worrying as it means this problem will happen again if like minded males are still out there on the streets. You obviously know nothing on the art of grooming Phill and I suggest you read up on it...(that's if you are interested or even care what is happening to these children) many of whom have already gone through traumatic events in their lives and most of them (in the Derby case) were from broken homes, in Foster care or in care homes). They are very vulnerable and easily swayed when given attention and the perpetrators know this.You have partly answered your own question.
The question surrounding the wording of 'worthless' is one to be taken in context. Paedophiles and sexual predators will look for easy targets and in the cases of grooming can & will use race as a tool to achieve their ends.
It is not a racist issue, but race has an element. In so much as in certain areas and communities young white females will be easy targets that can be easily swayed.
To abuse young women and effectively 'sell' them for sex is to consider them as 'meat', or a commodity rather than a person or human being. This is denying any value to their worth as a human being, they become worthless.

Back to an earlier point I made, the fact that some young Asian females are brought up with differing values within their family and how they socialise, and this makes them difficult targets for grooming and abuse in this manner.
So while race has an element, it is also cultural and demographic factors that contribute to these types of cases. This has to be acknowledged and considered but it is not a racist issue, BUT, there are many people who want to make this a racist issue and will play on ignorance and bigoted views to try and stir up tension in communities.

But you are not interested or bothered so I would just carry on with the name calling, it's probably what you are best at!!

Quite.

And frankly C3, you are stirring or being stirred.

John Little
09-May-12, 13:50
An interesting note on this lunchtime's news.

It appears that the leader of the BNP tweeted the verdicts before ​they were announced in court.

equusdriving
09-May-12, 14:06

C3.............[disgust]

So Scotland's independence would have stopped this HOW?? and Scotland doesn't have any murderers , rapist, paedophiles etc You are not only a Bigoted Racist you are completely deluded and your ridiculous ramblings can only help in the inevitable failure in the SNP's call for Independence

Corrie 3
09-May-12, 14:27
So Scotland's independence would have stopped this HOW?? and Scotland doesn't have any murderers , rapist, paedophiles etc You are not only a Bigoted Racist you are completely deluded and your ridiculous ramblings can only help in the inevitable failure in the SNP's call for Independence
As I said earlier, the Scottish police would have acted quicker than those in Rochdale and as for racism, I think the only racists in this tragedy were the accused, they deliberately targeted white girls, not Chinese, not Asian, not West Indian or any other creed. White English girls and no one has yet to say why this was so only the Muslim Leader in his statement.
As for Independence, wait and see......in the meantime you carry on calling me a bigoted racist, I know this isn't true so it doesn't bother me one iota!!!

C3........;)

Corrie 3
09-May-12, 14:35
and frankly C3, you are stirring or being stirred.
Yes Phill, you are partly correct...I am stirred (but not as you think) and very angry at this case. Anything or anybody that hurts children gets my blood boiling, especially when they are vulnerable and probably already have a turbulent past!!!
But never mind, the scum are now locked away, not for long enough in my opinion. Lets hope we don't see anymore cases like this but I am not going to hold my breath because I feel it wont belong before an identical case comes up, Derby, Rochdale and where next?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17993003

C3...............[disgust]

golach
09-May-12, 14:38
I find this very strange how Braveheart Corrie now becomes Outraged of Buckley, a week ago you would not have peed in a Englishman or anything English, but now, wants us all to feel outraged about the rantings of a Muslim cleric and what he said about white women. Strange indeed, maybe thats why I am not surprised that a certain Mr S Cardownie is now once more the deputy leader of Edinburgh Council, that man changes parties and allegiances as often as I change my underwear.

Phill
09-May-12, 15:08
As I said earlier, the Scottish police would have acted quicker than those in Rochdale and as for racism, I think the only racists in this tragedy were the accused, they deliberately targeted white girls, not Chinese, not Asian, not West Indian or any other creed. White English girls and no one has yet to say why this was so only the Muslim Leader in his statement.

You need to read my reply above, and look at the demographics of Rochdale. Also the socio-economic data for the borough, a seriously deprived borough.

And why would Scottish police act quicker?

Orelan
09-May-12, 15:16
"Mohammed Sajid" doesn't sound like a very Asian name, why do they keep referring to them as "Asian"?
They look Middle Eastern, no?

rich62_uk
09-May-12, 15:47
And why would Scottish police act quicker?

The law in England is based on criminal while the law in Scotland is based on civil. I have lived with both and personally feel that the Scottish way is far superior.

equusdriving
09-May-12, 15:51
As for Independence, wait and see......in the meantime you carry on calling me a bigoted racist, I know this isn't true so it doesn't bother me one iota!!!

C3........;)

So you are saying that if Scotland was Independent the Scottish police would have acted on this case in England .WTF are you on, this would have happened with or without Independence, even your mighty god Eric Salmond couldnt or wouldnt be able to change it, how desperate you really must be to use such a reason to back independence INCREDIBLE!!

equusdriving
09-May-12, 15:59
[QUOTE=Corrie 3; As for Independence, wait and see......in the meantime you carry on calling me a bigoted racist, I know this isn't true so it doesn't bother me one iota!!!

C3........;)[/QUOTE]

My intention is not to bother you, it is to let people hear as much of your self contradicting bigoted racist views as possible, so they can decide what the SNP stand for, and though I say it myself I Don't think I'm doing to badly with it so far.

billmoseley
09-May-12, 16:17
This tread is loosing the main fact here the point that poor girls were used and abused and having moved here from the outskirts of Rochdale and as i mentioned earlier have seen this first hand unfortunately race does come into it but it is only the minority that are doing it so don't tar all Asians with the same brush. there are good and bad in all races black,white,Chinese etc. The majority of Asians are warm loving family people who are just like us but just a different religion.

Corrie 3
09-May-12, 16:27
My intention is not to bother you, it is to let people hear as much of your self contradicting bigoted racist views as possible, so they can decide what the SNP stand for, and though I say it myself I Don't think I'm doing to badly with it so far.
This thread and the posts I have made are mine only and nothing to do with the SNP....as for my "racist views"....... can you point me in the right direction as to where they are?
I think all you are doing is to try and score points because I use the word Incomer and you are an Incomer and think I am wrong in using that word!! I think it's time you got over it because you aren't going to stop people using it!!

C3............:roll:

Corrie 3
09-May-12, 16:31
The law in England is based on criminal while the law in Scotland is based on civil. I have lived with both and personally feel that the Scottish way is far superior.
Same here rich62..........The Scottish police wouldn't have left it so long as the Manchester police did, they even turned a girl away when she first made a complaint!! I think the girls did very well in going to court and giving evidence, I would put money on somewhere along the line their lives would have been threatened if they went to the police!!

C3............[disgust]

gerry4
09-May-12, 16:38

I cannot understand how you can say that the Independence debate & the SNP have anything to do with bigotry. That some who support either or both are bigots is true but like all bigots they are in minority. Independence is supported by people from parties, not just SNP. I am a LibDem party member but will be voting Yes in 2014. I was also born in England and have close family living there so am not anti-english.

When a person rapes and abuses others they do not have any love for them, it is a power thing pure and simple. The contempt of others is in all societies, look at our treatment of the nationals when we had colonies. We felt we could do anything to them. This is coming out with our actions in Malaysia in the 50's. No race, creed or religion can fee superior in these things.

squidge
09-May-12, 17:46
Corrie is wrong. Phil is right and Bill is accurate too - I lived in Rochdale for many years and Rochdale is a melting pot of pakistani, bangladeshi, ukranian and polish residents as well as white english. In the vast majority of cases people live together and get on well enough. PArts of Rochdale are however seriously socially deprived and has areas of ill health and high unemployment. In many of these areas it is not a good place to live, the young people are in many cases isolated and stand little chance of finding work. In other words, isolated, deprived and disaffected young girls who have little hope and even less aspiration. This can make them vulnerable to seemingly well off, attentive older men, whatever their colour. There is no evidence that pakistani men are more likely to abuse white girls than white men are. There is however,still evidence that police fail to treat sex crimes with the objectivity they requitre, making assumptions about the character of the lassie involved and I have already said this in a previous post.

equusdriving - you are wrong to suggest that the SNP stand for racist bigoted views. There is absolutely nothing about SNP policy or the drive for Independence which is divisive along race lines. In fact, their stated policies and aims are exactly the opposite. Whether Corrie3 is racist, I doubt it. I tend to think that Corries views are born of ignorance and fear, rather than a true racist agenda. As to whether Scotland would have dealt with this differently - well, it remains to be seen.
I would expect that in an independent Scotland we would strive to be the best we can be and deal with sex crimes in the best way possible to ensure a fair and objective investigation is carried out. Thats all.

Corrie 3
09-May-12, 17:56
Corrie is wrong. Phil is right and Bill is accurate too - I lived in Rochdale for many years and Rochdale is a melting pot of pakistani, bangladeshi, ukranian and polish residents as well as white english. In the vast majority of cases people live together and get on well enough. PArts of Rochdale are however seriously socially deprived and has areas of ill health and high unemployment. In many of these areas it is not a good place to live, the young people are in many cases isolated and stand little chance of finding work. In other words, isolated, deprived and disaffected young girls who have little hope and even less aspiration. This can make them vulnerable to seemingly well off, attentive older men, whatever their colour. There is no evidence that pakistani men are more likely to abuse white girls than white men are. There is however,still evidence that police fail to treat sex crimes with the objectivity they requitre, making assumptions about the character of the lassie involved and I have already said this in a previous post.

equusdriving - you are wrong to suggest that the SNP stand for racist bigoted views. There is absolutely nothing about SNP policy or the drive for Independence which is divisive along race lines. In fact, their stated policies and aims are exactly the opposite. Whether Corrie3 is racist, I doubt it. I tend to think that Corries views are born of ignorance and fear, rather than a true racist agenda. As to whether Scotland would have dealt with this differently - well, it remains to be seen.
I would expect that in an independent Scotland we would strive to be the best we can be and deal with sex crimes in the best way possible to ensure a fair and objective investigation is carried out. Thats all.
A well written post Squidge and a good one to end on I think. I don't want the thread to spill over into something Political, I wanted to get members views on this case and try and find out why these girls were treated like meat, I find it really sad !!
But, the perpetrators are safely locked up tonight and I hope that this case will be a warning to other girls to be more responsible and aware of the dangers that are around them.
Thank you all for your contributions.

Corrie 3......:)