PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best local company to fix my computer

dozy
08-May-12, 12:00
Looking to have a pc wiped as its picked up a virus ,so who's the best local business for the job ? Thanks

slinky
08-May-12, 12:29
advance far cheaper ive had them fix my computer and do work for me very p[leased we what they did and as for mince dont think ats in order http://www.facebook.com/ADVance.Systems

secrets in symmetry
08-May-12, 12:48
Looking to have a pc wiped as its picked up a virus ,so who's the best local business for the job ? ThanksMy Thurso friends tell me that Bobinovich on the forum is very good.

Why do you want to have your PC wiped just because of a virus? There are many reliable tools for removing malware.

RecQuery
08-May-12, 13:48
I have no opinion on who is the best at fixing home computers. Thought a reinstall for a virus seems a bit overboard.

On a side note: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Jock_Knew

badger
08-May-12, 15:00
There are so many viruses/so much hacking at present that although my security software updates all the time I've been advised to run a malware programme every couple of weeks just to be on the safe side. Why would you want your computer wiped? Seems a bit drastic.

Tickling-Trout
08-May-12, 15:50
Hi

Have your tried DKTC I have dealt with him several times and can recommend him,

Regards

TT

Phill
08-May-12, 17:55
To the OP, I'd post this in the technical section, You may find an easier DIY solution. Wiping the PC could delete all your piccy's and files but still leave the virus!

dx100uk
08-May-12, 18:48
i'll take a look give me a call
might even be able to do it remotely.

theres no need for a wipe at all!

dx

Phill
08-May-12, 18:54
Boot sector virus.
Potentially a PC could be formatted and have a clean install of the OS but still retain a virus in the boot sector thus restarting the infection, however there are some free AV & malware programs that can be downloaded and solve the problem.

dozy
09-May-12, 10:11
Thanks to all those on the Org and the information and recommendation , we have picked someone to do the work .thanks

snow tiger
11-May-12, 19:10
Hi Have your tried DKTC I have dealt with him several times and can recommend him, RegardsTTIs that not your partner you are recommending!

dx100uk
11-May-12, 23:08
[lol]

dx