PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Startup problem!

DAF501
05-May-12, 17:15
Hi, hoping someone can help with this. My windows 7 pc keeps freezing on the "starting windows" screen, and i need to do a startup repair using a restore point. But next time exactly the same thing happens. I've done various scans and found nothing. Help!!

DKTC
06-May-12, 09:38
You will need to have your Windows 7 DVD in order to do this repair.
Just follow the procedure below

Put the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
Press a key when you are prompted.
Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
Click Repair your computer.
Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
Type Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
I know someone who had a similar problem, and this worked.
If it does not work then let us know as soon as possible
DKTC

DAF501
06-May-12, 21:20
Thanks for getting back to me. Problem is i didn't get an installation disc with my pc! Only the pre-installed version.

dx100uk
07-May-12, 01:04
pop it round to me in wick and we'll get it sorted

dx

DKTC
07-May-12, 11:17
You do not need to pay anybody to do the job, if you do not have the disc then you can download the iso image then burn it to a DVD and do the job yourself.

When you say pre-installed did you buy it from a retail store or one of the locals

If you need any advice then just PM me

DAF501
15-May-12, 00:27
Thanks for help everyone! Pc going fine now. Dont know what i did but it worked. Got it restored to before the problems, and installed a new antivirus, and fingers crossed, all is good.

DKTC
15-May-12, 17:18
Well Done

What I would suggest is that you now create a system repair disc or Create a system image or even both

Go into the Control Panel, then from System & Security select Backup your computer. You then have the option to create either of the disc's

Once you have created the disc(s), keep them in a safe place

DKTC