PDA

View Full Version : After info on shooting in Caithness

the_big_mac
18-Nov-06, 22:55
For over 15 years Ive fished the rivers, lochs and sea that surrounds our county, however I've recently become more and more interested in taking up shooting/hunting and have no idea where or how to start.

I had hoped that the recent thread about geese shooting may have provided some enlightenment, however it seemed to decend more and more into the same old moral arguments. I'm not interested in debating my desire to try and take up the sport ;) .

Bearing in mind I'm not a novice to the country side, but completely clueless when it comes to guns, any and all information would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Saxo01
18-Nov-06, 23:05
dont look doon the barrels :lol:

gleeber
18-Nov-06, 23:27
Theres a good fraternity of killers in Caithness and Sutherland. It widna be hard to find a gamekeeper who would point you in the right direction.

Seabird
19-Nov-06, 00:43
Only shoot if you can eat it! If you can't kill it clean, dont shoot it.

jings00
19-Nov-06, 00:58
www.strathmorelodge.co.uk - you could maybe try this lot for more info?

JAWS
19-Nov-06, 07:15
If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't, feed it to the dogs. :D

Most people would not dream of insisting that everybody should be made to shoot things. Consequently, I see no reason why anybody else should insist others do not.

And just to prevent the usual assumptions, I have never owned any type of firearm or shotgun. I tried coarse fishing when I was very very young and gave up in favour of watching grass grow and the thought of standing up to my armpits in fast flowing, freezing cold water to fail in catching something I can buy in a Supermarket is not my idea of enjoyment.

I will. however, admit to the murder of the odd mouse and to the mass slaughter of any wasp, forkie-tail or midge which comes within range.

gleeber
19-Nov-06, 12:09
Most people would not dream of insisting that everybody should be made to shoot things. Consequently, I see no reason why anybody else should insist others do not.
Now now jaws. Can you not read? Big Mac is not interested in debating the morals of killing animals.
You would start an argument in an empty hoose, and you a mod too.

Doug Country
19-Nov-06, 13:26
HAS THERE BEEN A SHOOTING IN CAITHNESS???

Who did the shooting and who got shot?

Ann
19-Nov-06, 15:06
It was Rheghead! He shot Upper Dounreay!