PDA

View Full Version : Where do speakers plug in?

canuck
18-Nov-06, 19:08
I am having to use my old desk top while my laptop is getting a windows regroup. I seem to be getting the internet and thus caithness.org.

However I realized that I am not getting the lovely little noices in the chatroom. Ah, speakers! I found the speakers in a box, but does anyone have any idea where they plug in? Do I have to go fight with the mess of wires behind the CPU tower?

Thanks.

Tristan
18-Nov-06, 19:31
Do I have to go fight with the mess of wires behind the CPU tower?

Thanks.

YES!
Or at least probably. Some base units have a headphone jack in the front, not the jack that is part of your CDrom drive, but another one. If you PC has this jack you can plug your speakers in there. If not it is into the tangle of wires with you.

PS
Remember to pack your survival gear in case you get lost.

canuck
19-Nov-06, 05:26
Thanks Tristan. It worked like a charm once I got the cords untangled, figured out which little hole I was looking for and assumed that semi-stand on your head position necessary for this task.

Ricco
20-Nov-06, 16:00
I am having to use my old desk top while my laptop is getting a windows regroup. I seem to be getting the internet and thus caithness.org.

However I realized that I am not getting the lovely little noices in the chatroom. Ah, speakers! I found the speakers in a box, but does anyone have any idea where they plug in? Do I have to go fight with the mess of wires behind the CPU tower?

Thanks.

Och, Canuck. You're in desperate need of some CASE - Canuck Assistance and Support Experience. Next time you are over we need to get someone to give the total walk-through. ;)