PDA

View Full Version : Reay works

billmoseley
02-May-12, 20:33
Just wondered if any body knew was was being build just outside Reay. There seems to be a lot of work going on opposite the Sandside estate entrance. Really I'm just being nosey

Frith
02-May-12, 20:57
Could it simply be another newbuild house?

billmoseley
02-May-12, 21:33
No far to much work for that they seem to be laying some sort of panelled road out on to the moors

Alrock
02-May-12, 21:50
Probably another windfarm

Sgitheanach
02-May-12, 23:24
http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/7D7C8DC6-3791-49D3-B0A4-448EA69221F9/0/highland_wind.pdf
http://www.limekilnwindfarm.co.uk/
(http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/7D7C8DC6-3791-49D3-B0A4-448EA69221F9/0/highland_wind.pdf)

secrets in symmetry
02-May-12, 23:55
Just wondered if any body knew was was being build just outside Reay. There seems to be a lot of work going on opposite the Sandside estate entrance. Really I'm just being noseyIt's a test drilling. They're trying to frack thorium. The idea is that it could be a fuel for Dounreay, the advantage is that it doesn't need to be transported large distances before being fissioned.

Rheghead
03-May-12, 14:53
It's a test drilling. They're trying to frack thorium. The idea is that it could be a fuel for Dounreay, the advantage is that it doesn't need to be transported large distances before being fissioned.

They will have a job on their hands because that only works for thorium in the 'meta' state and Caithness thorium is too strongly bonded to the underlying substrate.

oldchemist
03-May-12, 16:53
They will have a job on their hands because that only works for thorium in the 'meta' state and Caithness thorium is too strongly bonded to the underlying substrate.

I bet there is some quantum thorium out there that they are keeping quiet about.

Kenn
04-May-12, 10:27
It's a temporary access upgrade for Babcocks who are in the process of improving the grid lines, if you look up the track you can see where the pylons cross it a little further into the hills.
The roll out light weight metal roading allows access to the parts that some of the heavy duty plant would be unable to reach under normal circumstances, any one who has been along Strathalladale these last weeks will have seen the work in progress.

secrets in symmetry
04-May-12, 10:40
I bet there is some quantum thorium out there that they are keeping quiet about.Quantum thorium is the standard stuff, it's classical thorium you should fear. Quantum thorium is an alpha emitter with a half-life approximately equal to the age of the universe, classical thorium can't tunnel and is therefore stable - you just can't get rid of the stuff!

billmoseley
04-May-12, 17:27
It's a temporary access upgrade for Babcocks who are in the process of improving the grid lines, if you look up the track you can see where the pylons cross it a little further into the hills.
The roll out light weight metal roading allows access to the parts that some of the heavy duty plant would be unable to reach under normal circumstances, any one who has been along Strathalladale these last weeks will have seen the work in progress. thanks Lizz a great reply i can rest easy now

Corrie 3
04-May-12, 17:32
thanks Lizz a great reply i can rest easy now
Don't you go driving your bus up there Bill just for the fun of it!!!!!
I know what you are like....:roll:

C3........;);)

billmoseley
04-May-12, 18:38
[QUOTE=Corrie 3;948995]Don't you go driving your bus up there Bill just for the fun of it!!!!!
I know what you are like.... :roll: hmmmmmmmmm i hadn't thought of that cheers Corrie. any idea what time the gates open?:lol::lol: i might go investigate this weekend

Corrie 3
04-May-12, 18:52
hmmmmmmmmm i hadn't thought of that cheers Corrie. any idea what time the gates open?:lol: i might go investigate this weekend
How the heck do I know what time the gates open.....Google it my Friend, Google it!!!......lol
(Hope your bus has 4x4 wheel drive)!!!...;)
C3............:)

billmoseley
04-May-12, 19:06
like i'm clever enough to use google i have learnt everything i know from the org

Corrie 3
04-May-12, 19:15
like i'm clever enough to use google i have learnt everything i know from the org
Well ok Bill, at a guess I would think the gates open after Tesco and about the same time as the bus office in Thurso, hope that helps!!
Dont get lost in them there hills will you?

C3..............;)

billmoseley
04-May-12, 19:19
if you haven't heard from me in 2 days send out the search party or just have party to celebrate no more dodgy posts

Corrie 3
04-May-12, 19:23
if you haven't heard from me in 2 days send out the search party or just have party to celebrate no more dodgy posts
If we dont hear from you within 2 days we know you have got yourself a job with Babcocks!!

Happy hunting!!!.....;)

C3..............:lol:

secrets in symmetry
05-May-12, 14:33
They will have a job on their hands because that only works for thorium in the 'meta' state and Caithness thorium is too strongly bonded to the underlying substrate.A quick blast of WD40 at very high pressure will release most meta-thorium from the underlying substrate. You can boil water to heat your house (or make a pot of tea) with the steam released by the process.