PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Labour Party Wish Alex Salmond's Father Would Just Die

RecQuery
30-Apr-12, 08:46
Original Article (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/317056) (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/317056)

Another article (http://wingsland.podgamer.com/this-is-our-hypocrisy-meter/) which will provide a little perspective for you. TL;DR below:

The Facebook group on which Alex Salmond’s father was wished dead was not an open group populated by any old internet loonies who wandered along. It’s closed to the public and the controlled, vetted membership of 533 includes the Scottish party’s foremost and finest – as well as current “leader” Johann Lamont and her “deputy” Anas Sarwar along with Shadow Scottish Secretary Margaret Curran, former First Minister Jack McConnell, MPs Cathy Jamieson, Ian Davidson, Eric Joyce, Sarah Boyack, Tom Harris, Tom Greatrex and Tom Watson, and front-bench MSPs Jackie Baillie, Ken McIntosh and James Kelly, are all members. And interestingly, most of those Labour figures are still on Mr Kelly's personal friends list.

Bobinovich
30-Apr-12, 11:33
The first link is to an article on fire service deaths in Warwickshire - think you may have provided the wrong link as I can't see how it links to the second...

RecQuery
30-Apr-12, 11:34
The first link is to an article on fire service deaths in Warwickshire - think you may have provided the wrong link as I can't see how it links to the second...

Thanks, my bad. Seems I chopped off a number from the link it should be http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/317056

Humerous Vegetable
30-Apr-12, 15:44
Thanks for the link - it's not a paper I would normally read. Do these immature and pointless cretins expect anybody to vote for them? I sometimes wonder just how much political rhetoric is driven by simple fear, and the inability of the fearful to make a reasoned response to what they see as a threat to their position. Alex Salmond and the SNP are a threat to their vacuous posturing and their failure to provide an effective opposition at Holyrood and Westminster. If wishing death on elderly Scottish parents is an indication of NuLabour's health policy, we should perhaps be a wee bit alarmed?

John Little
30-Apr-12, 17:00
This is a Facebook group.

I am in a couple of groups.

If someone else in one of those groups makes a stupid comment, am I responsible for what they have said?

There's going to be a lot of this stuff floating about - like that stuff Whitechina posted. There's no more substance to this than to that.

Someone may post a racist comment on the Org. Does that make all Orgers racist?

Let's get real here.

RecQuery
30-Apr-12, 19:09
This is a Facebook group.

I am in a couple of groups.

If someone else in one of those groups makes a stupid comment, am I responsible for what they have said?

There's going to be a lot of this stuff floating about - like that stuff Whitechina posted. There's no more substance to this than to that.

Someone may post a racist comment on the Org. Does that make all Orgers racist?

Let's get real here.

My point was more related to the hypocrisy of Labour over stuff like this, it's illuminated better in the second link.

John Little
30-Apr-12, 19:48
Not really unless you labour the point.

And the SNP's over reaction about shutting down the website... shut down Facebook?

Quite frankly it's just point scoring and the SNP would look far better if they just walked away from what looks like a playground brawl.

RecQuery
30-Apr-12, 20:21
Not really unless you labour the point.

And the SNP's over reaction about shutting down the website... shut down Facebook?

Quite frankly it's just point scoring and the SNP would look far better if they just walked away from what looks like a playground brawl.

Politicans in general know next to nothing about technology unless a lobbying company hasn't paid them to say it. I think that's their parlance for deleted that specific group.

John Little
30-Apr-12, 20:37
That may be, but there is no reason on earth why members of the Scottish Labour Party should not belong to a particular Facebook group.

And given that the SNP reaction would be to close the group I still think it's an over-reaction to the stupidity of one numpty.

Would the SNP close down every one of its sites that had a post on it by the Scottish Standard bearer?

Or could it be that he is not truly representative of the broad spectrum of Nationalist thinking?

ducati
30-Apr-12, 20:40
That may be, but there is no reason on earth why members of the Scottish Labour Party should not belong to a particular Facebook group.

And given that the SNP reaction would be to close the group I still think it's an over-reaction to the stupidity of one numpty.

Would the SNP close down every one of its sites that had a post on it by the Scottish Standard bearer?

I've seen advertising by a reputation management company the claims to be able to 'disappear' negative sites. :eek:

Maybe Alex thinks he can control the internet as well as the wind and the waves. He will have to open his own Guantanamac Bay to put all the dissidents in.

RecQuery
30-Apr-12, 20:41

Or could it be that he is not truly representative of the broad spectrum of Nationalist thinking?

Labour has an even worse over reaction to random people posting stuff in forums or sending tweets. In this situation there's at least some connectivity to the party leadership. My point was not to advocate banning anything but to draw some parallels and highlight some hypocrisy.

John Little
30-Apr-12, 20:44
Ah - well your point illustrates that, but it illustrates rather better that it is a sword that cuts both ways.

The likes of me sees two sides going 'nyah-nyah!'

The side that walks away gets my respect.