PDA

View Full Version : Crash

Fran
29-Apr-12, 10:39
Can someone tell me, why is Noel Donaldson allowed to write details about a crash etc etc, yet when any of us post that a certain road is cloed due to an accident, we are given a warning or suspension. this seems a bit unfair. I advised a certain road was closed,to aqvoid people making an unnecesary journey, gave no details whatsoever about the accident and got into trouble.

davem
29-Apr-12, 11:06
He generally quotes police press releases, also his threads are closed so there is no opportunity for others to post anything insensitive.
Even if the OP has been careful there is a tendency for others to cause upset or offence however unintentioned.
That was my view on it anyway.

Buttercup
29-Apr-12, 13:32
Can someone tell me, why is Noel Donaldson allowed to write details about a crash etc etc, yet when any of us post that a certain road is cloed due to an accident, we are given a warning or suspension. this seems a bit unfair. I advised a certain road was closed,to aqvoid people making an unnecesary journey, gave no details whatsoever about the accident and got into trouble.

Just like life Fran, different rules for different folks ~ depends who you are or who you know.;)

Scunner
29-Apr-12, 13:37

Like most posts - it's copied from somewhere else

secrets in symmetry
29-Apr-12, 16:24
Can someone tell me, why is Noel Donaldson allowed to write details about a crash etc etc, yet when any of us post that a certain road is cloed due to an accident, we are given a warning or suspension. this seems a bit unfair. I advised a certain road was closed,to aqvoid people making an unnecesary journey, gave no details whatsoever about the accident and got into trouble.For goodness' sake Fran, stop chasing ambulances and playing the victim! A man has lost his life, and another person has been seriously injured - yet, as usual, all you do is moan about not being allowed to post gossip on the forum.

My condolences to all friends and family of the deceased, and I hope the injured passenger makes a speedy recovery.

strath01
29-Apr-12, 17:12
It's a total disgrace that anyone is writing about this on Caithness.org. Leave it to the professional people to deal with.

Pollycat
29-Apr-12, 19:45
Quite agree Secrets and Strath!! Having been on the wrong end of wrong information being posted about the death of a very close relative I think that it is quite obscene that anyone even mentions this on the Forum!!

29-Apr-12, 21:26

Quite simply Fran, Noel Donaldson reports items of local interest in his own column here with the permission of the Administrators. Just like Police reports etc. online, the forum is closed to replies.

It's a world away from someone posting a thread on the main forums which is open to everyone's posts/opinions. These threads have often caused distress to bereaved families in the past when upsetting comments have been posted before the Admin/Mods have been alerted to the situation.

It's hardly rocket science.
Noel Donaldson reports the facts - end of.
Thread on open forum - some fact, some fiction, some gossip......

Please PM Moderator if you require further clarification.