PDA

View Full Version : The groat

Fran
27-Apr-12, 23:53
What's in the Groat today thats so interesting. there are none left in Tesco, I probably wont get one now.

Alrock
28-Apr-12, 00:10
Did you not hear????

Some terrorist was caught plotting to hijack a plane at Wick Airport & crash it into Ackergill Towers when some VIP was staying there....
Was caught pretending to be on a school project taking photos of planes, whilst carrying out a reconnaissance mission....

4 page spread in the Groat.

Droopy
28-Apr-12, 07:07
But that was the pull out supplement Alrock.....

In my opinion it would be the front page High Court report on the Prosecutions submission on the unsolved crime of 'who cut the branches off a tree in Robert Street'.....

Can't wait for Wednesdays Courier.....

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-12, 07:45
I have just read mine from front to back while having my breakfast and I can assure you Fran, you have missed nothing.

If you are having withdrawal symptoms you can swing by today and have mine.

secrets in symmetry
28-Apr-12, 16:13
What's in the Groat today thats so interesting. there are none left in Tesco, I probably wont get one now.I'm back in the country, and everyone wanted to check out this good News. :cool:

The sad news (for them) is that I snuck past the Groat's paparazzi without them even getting a whiff. :cool:

embow
28-Apr-12, 17:12
"None left in Tesco. Won't get one now."
There are a number of other paper shops in the town.:roll:
Why must everything have to come from Tesco?

Alrock
28-Apr-12, 17:18
Why must everything have to come from Tesco?

Apparently they have good opening hours.... Not sure just what they are though.... Anybody know & care to enlighten me?

Corrie 3
28-Apr-12, 17:26
Apparently they have good opening hours.... Not sure just what they are though.... Anybody know & care to enlighten me?
Yep I can help you with that Alrock.......
Tesco at Wick open very early and shut very late!!
Hope that helps!!

C3................:roll:;)

John Little
28-Apr-12, 17:30
You need good quality groats for brose.

I doubt Tesco do them either.

golach
28-Apr-12, 19:19
1 A drunken groat, a fine for drunkenness imposed by a real or mock court; (2) groat man, a day labourer, one who worked orig. for a groat a day.

A guid owld Scottish word, a coin worth 4p

Big Gaz
29-Apr-12, 11:04
anyone know the opening times of the "other" newsagents? :roll:

Corrie 3
29-Apr-12, 11:26
anyone know the opening times of the "other" newsagents? :roll:
Yep....they open late and close early!!

C3.......;)

spurtle
29-Apr-12, 12:01
1 A drunken groat, a fine for drunkenness imposed by a real or mock court; (2) groat man, a day labourer, one who worked orig. for a groat a day.

A guid owld Scottish word, a coin worth 4p
Also a newspaper worth about 4p