PDA

View Full Version : black and white cat

purplelady
27-Apr-12, 22:07
was up at tescos about 8.30 tonite and there was a lovely black and white cat hanging about up there not sure if it has wandered too far or followed someone up there , it was well fed no collar and very friendly , just worried someone is missing he or she xxxxxxxxx

Fran
27-Apr-12, 23:51
Ive just seen him, 11.45pm sitting at the door as if he is waiting for someone, such a friendly thing, well fed. Hope he hasnt been dumped. Poor thing, the trmperature is going to drop to minus one degrees.

purplelady
28-Apr-12, 12:15
aww poor thing hope he is ok if i thought he had been dumped there wud take him home with me if anyones sees him again pls let me know surely someone is missing him he is such a lovely cat xxxx

davem
28-Apr-12, 12:21
He's fine I know the person he owns - he is a very independent creature - chooses when to come and go - he'd obviously chosen to go!

Liz
28-Apr-12, 12:51
He's fine I know the person he owns - he is a very independent creature - chooses when to come and go - he'd obviously chosen to go!

So glad to hear it. My sister saw him as well and was going to go back and see whether he was still there. I take it he doesn't live far from Tesco? :)

Alrock
28-Apr-12, 13:03
He's fine I know the person he owns....

That'll be Pat the postman then?

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

davem
28-Apr-12, 13:24
Very close - so no worries

purplelady
28-Apr-12, 14:33
thank goodness for that i was going to see if he was still there too he is a lovely cat xxxxxxx

tattoo_tearz
28-Apr-12, 15:47
i appreciate your concern but the cat belongs to me so please refrain from taking him away! tesco is one of his regular visits, weather doesnt bother him much and he is very much looked after. thanks.

tattoo_tearz
28-Apr-12, 15:54
although on second thoughts are you sure this was last night?? you've described carlos perfectly and he is popular around tesco but he was indoors last night to around midnight so if you seen a cat in tescos last night (friday) then it wasnt mines.

purplelady
29-Apr-12, 00:32
yes it was deffo friday nite as i finished work and went up there xxxxxx

Liz
29-Apr-12, 20:06
Would it be possible for you to post a photo of Carlos so we can see whether it is him who has been seen?

purplelady
30-Apr-12, 00:03
good idea liz hope it was him as i hate to think of the poor thing being loast xxx

Torvaig
30-Apr-12, 10:13
good idea liz hope it was him as i hate to think of the poor thing being loast xxx

And also, are you speaking about Wick Tesco or Thurso Tesco, just to narrow the possibilities.

davem
30-Apr-12, 10:24
Good point -I was thinking Thurso cos of the description, even if not, the cat is happy and in good condition, someone somewhere cares for it. Cats are outdoor creatures after all, generally as a species they do pretty well what they want, I worry that good natured concern for welfare is motivated by feelings of how you might feel outside cold and wet, if you were a cat perhaps you'd be doing exactly as you like and would be most unhappy to be disturbed.

Liz
30-Apr-12, 12:55
The cat was seen at Wick's Tesco but I think Carlos lives in Thurso?

Davem I appreciate what you are saying but the cat being 'happy' and in good condition doesn't mean it has a home to go back to.
I helped at Cats Protection for many years and there were lots of cats like this found and never claimed so had to be rehomed. :(

Also, I know from experience how much cats like their home comforts and I'm sure this wee soul is no different.

So Purplelady and Fran, if you see it again please contact Cats Protection.

tattoo_tearz
30-Apr-12, 13:22
ah that explains it lol, yeah carlos is in thurso so that def explains the confusion! i think tho there is some truth in what dave says. i know that as a cat person anytime i see a cat that i think might be lost i worry about it and let that influence my thoughts. buts its not always the case, i speak to alot of people in tesco who thought my cat was missing from a home and had thought about taking him away which would have left a very distraught carlos owner lol. so i guess im saying i see both sides to the story, you have to be sure the cat is lost or homless before taking him away. thank god for pets corner lol :)

purplelady
30-Apr-12, 17:16
ah that explains it lol, yeah carlos is in thurso so that def explains the confusion! i think tho there is some truth in what dave says. i know that as a cat person anytime i see a cat that i think might be lost i worry about it and let that influence my thoughts. buts its not always the case, i speak to alot of people in tesco who thought my cat was missing from a home and had thought about taking him away which would have left a very distraught carlos owner lol. so i guess im saying i see both sides to the story, you have to be sure the cat is lost or homless before taking him away. thank god for pets corner lol :)I too am a cat lover and was pretty sure he had a home but who knows i was concerned for the cat I wud not have removed him but thought this was the best place to try find out if he belonged to anyone was just concerned about him he is a lovely friendly cat xxxxxxx should have said it was wick

thomas1donald
30-Apr-12, 17:44
the tesco wick cat is spoild and fed by the night staff and early morning staff then he goes away till night time again the cat is in good health and well looked after

Liz
30-Apr-12, 19:16
the tesco wick cat is spoild and fed by the night staff and early morning staff then he goes away till night time again the cat is in good health and well looked after

That is really kind of you all but we still need to know whether the cat has a home?

Liz
30-Apr-12, 19:18
I too am a cat lover and was pretty sure he had a home but who knows i was concerned for the cat I wud not have removed him but thought this was the best place to try find out if he belonged to anyone was just concerned about him he is a lovely friendly cat xxxxxxx should have said it was wick

You did exactly the right thing! I would much prefer to err on the side of caution and find out whether the cat is a stray.

If Tesco staff are, very kindly, feeding them then, of course, he is going to look well.

thomas1donald
30-Apr-12, 19:58
it must have but not far away as it goes away during the day and appears at night

Liz
30-Apr-12, 22:58
it must have but not far away as it goes away during the day and appears at night

That doesn't mean it's gone to a home. It might just be sheltering somewhere.

purplelady
01-May-12, 00:04
that is good wondering if he does have a home then if he disapears he is a lovely friendly cat have to say again xxx

thomas1donald
01-May-12, 15:48
i have found out that the cat at tesco wick has got a home it belongs to someone near that has horses on the opposite side of the road from tesco and it goes home every day

Liz
01-May-12, 19:13
i have found out that the cat at tesco wick has got a home it belongs to someone near that has horses on the opposite side of the road from tesco and it goes home every day

That's great news and thanks ever so much for letting us know. :)

purplelady
02-May-12, 00:07
that is good he is a lovely cat xxxxxxx