PDA

View Full Version : More naughty Nats.

whitechina
27-Apr-12, 19:10
More shenanigans from the separatists;

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Angus/article/22413/angus-snp-group-leader-forced-to-apologise-to-election-rival.html#.T5qbhWJ5dmw.twitter

Corrie 3
27-Apr-12, 19:27
More shenanigans from the separatists;

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Angus/article/22413/angus-snp-group-leader-forced-to-apologise-to-election-rival.html#.T5qbhWJ5dmw.twitter
Well thats 43 posts in 5 years Whitechina, thats not bad going is it?
Tell me, do you only post at election times?
And finally, when are you going to debate instead of just post silly links?

C3...................[disgust]:roll:

John Little
27-Apr-12, 19:30
She made a mistake.

Quite a lot of politicians make mistakes.

People make mistakes, being human.

The way to argue against the SNP is not to attempt to throw dirt on them.

The way to argue with the SNP is to argue with what they say.

ducati
27-Apr-12, 21:04
She made a mistake.

Quite a lot of politicians make mistakes.

People make mistakes, being human.

The way to argue against the SNP is not to attempt to throw dirt on them.

The way to argue with the SNP is to argue with what they say.

What do they say? Apart from the obvious.

Papigoe Chiel
27-Apr-12, 21:06
what a sad life you have, spending your life trawling the papers for the slightest adverse story about the SNP and what a whopper you found this time, a council candidate made a mistake and apologises, woop de doo, what a major relevation!

John Little
27-Apr-12, 21:14
What do they say? Apart from the obvious.

They say that Scotland can make it on her own.

They are correct although there may be some adjustments.

Unionists must make better arguments to preserve the Union than they have done so far; and on the showing of the present Tory government, with its entirely avoidable double dip recession, those arguments had better be convincing otherwise I would not blame Scotland for going independent.

And I would blame a man whose parents and family home are in Aberdeenshire, and his buddy who owns a wallpaper factory.

The Tory party has done more to break up the Union than anyone else.

ducati
27-Apr-12, 21:44

They are correct although there may be some adjustments.

Unionists must make better arguments to preserve the Union than they have done so far; and on the showing of the present Tory government, with its entirely avoidable double dip recession, those arguments had better be convincing otherwise I would not blame Scotland for going independent.

And I would blame a man whose parents and family home are in Aberdeenshire, and his buddy who owns a wallpaper factory.

The Tory party has done more to break up the Union than anyone else.

Oo you are very bitter. I was watching the Daily Politics the other day, the discussion ran something like; the cuts so far are so small and insignificant they couldn't effect the GDP either way. :eek: That is a total reduction in Gov spending across the board of only (hic) £4 Billion....peanuts apparently.

ducati
27-Apr-12, 21:51

They also say that they pay more than their share to the UK, which is a lie

Wind power will make Scotland self sufficient in energy, which is a lie

The long lead time to the referendum isn't effecting investment, which is a lie

North Sea oil and gas will fill deficit in the economy, once the nasty English stop stealing it, which is..oh well you get the drift.

And lots more I can't be bothered to look up.

John Little
27-Apr-12, 21:53
And yet withal, Scotland could support herself.

John Little
27-Apr-12, 21:54
Oo you are very bitter. I was watching the Daily Politics the other day, the discussion ran something like; the cuts so far are so small and insignificant they couldn't effect the GDP either way. :eek: That is a total reduction in Gov spending across the board of only (hic) £4 Billion....peanuts apparently.

Peanuts compared to what is spent on bankers' bonuses...

ducati
27-Apr-12, 21:59
And yet withal, Scotland could support herself.

I don't doubt it. If a bit limply for the first hundred years or so. The tax income from the peeps working, mostly for min wage, in Scotland won't make for much of a party. In fact if the personal allowance hits the Libdem target... sheesh!

John Little
27-Apr-12, 22:06
I don't doubt it. If a bit limply for the first hundred years or so. The tax income from the peeps working, mostly for min wage, in Scotland won't make for much of a party. In fact if the personal allowance hits the Libdem target... sheesh!

Ah now there lies the rub.

I do not doubt that some 'adjustments' would be necessary- and I doubt that folk would like it very much.

But if Scotland wants Independence then she will have it - and all argument is entirely irrelevant.

You want the Union?

You face something intangible, analogous to what happened to what happened in Ireland between 1880 and 1910- the growth of a national awareness, consciousness and aspiration. Although part romantic, some of it is based on perceptions that Scotland could do a lot better without what is being imposed on her by Messrs Cameron and Osborne. They are not doing a good job.

For the Union they must do better.

The growing national consciousness is an intelligent thing and it could be swayed either way by intelligent argument.

The case for the Union needs to be made.

Is there one?

Phill
27-Apr-12, 22:42
I'd still love to know what Whitechina thinks, good to see at least some expansion on just linkys.

As for blame, I think it reaches far back, beyond any one colour of politics. The Aberdeenshire manny is nothing but a numpty, the wallpaper submarine manny ....actually, I'm prepared to give him some consideration and would allow him some of my time.

As for independence, behind the lies there is the truth, somewhere. But it could be done, but we do need the truth and not the pish and wind about the oil and wind.

And drifting back onto thread.... what time does....

ducati
28-Apr-12, 06:58
Peanuts compared to what is spent on bankers' bonuses...

If you want Joe Soap, that will be about sixty grand. If you want Bob Diamond.........:lol:

ducati
28-Apr-12, 07:04
Here is an idea to prop up the Scottish economy. How about a hameland tax on all ex pat Scots around the world. Not compulsory, but for instance, a levy on all kilts sold in New York and Toronto. :eek:

John Little
28-Apr-12, 08:01
If you want Joe Soap, that will be about sixty grand. If you want Bob Diamond.........:lol:

I don't - I wouldna give the greedy parasite house room

Interview all the Joe Soaps in town and give the most promising the job at £500,00 a year.

You'd be flooded with applicants.

ducati
28-Apr-12, 11:03
I don't - I wouldna give the greedy parasite house room

Interview all the Joe Soaps in town and give the most promising the job at £500,00 a year.

You'd be flooded with applicants.

You have to understand how banking works. A very large part of Barklay's income is generated from what they call High Net Worth accounts. They have hundreds of sales people dedicated to the task of winning this business. These are the personal accounts of the very wealthy from around the world. They would trust their money with Bob Diamond, not Joe Soap.

Phill
28-Apr-12, 11:27
I do believe the shine is fading on Bob Diamanté, 12 months and he'll be Bovine Excrementing another institution.

John Little
28-Apr-12, 11:33
You have to understand how banking works. A very large part of Barkley's income is generated from what they call High Net Worth accounts. They have hundreds of sales people dedicated to the task of winning this business. These are the personal accounts of the very wealthy from around the world. They would trust their money with Bob Diamond, not Joe Soap.

I doubt it.

Much of the furore centres round the fact that Barclays paid more out in bonuses last year than they did to their shareholders.

Even the most ardent of Capitalists begin to find this odious.

ducati
28-Apr-12, 11:36
I do believe the shine is fading on Bob Diamanté, 12 months and he'll be Bovine Excrementing another institution.

And that is the problem banks have. There will be a lot of business in the bank that is directly attributable to him. And the likelyhood is, it will move with him. Unless he does a Fred Goodwin and loses all credibility.

ducati
28-Apr-12, 11:38
I doubt it.

Much of the furore centres round the fact that Barclays paid more out in bonuses last year than they did to their shareholders.

Even the most ardent of Capitalists begin to find this odious.

You may well doubt it, or find it distastful, but 'tis true.

Anyhoo, I thought this thread was for ramming the SNP?

John Little
28-Apr-12, 11:50
You may well doubt it, or find it distastful, but 'tis true.

Anyhoo, I thought this thread was for ramming the SNP?

Since I have not your apparent experience at operating among plutocratic bank accounts I must accept your word- but personally would prefer someone professionally qualified over american chutzpah to look after my money.

As to the purpose of the thread- it has none. It started with a posted link about some 'shenanigan's by nationalists.

No stated aim at all at all.