PDA

View Full Version : help with ebay

funky-dunky
17-Nov-06, 17:23
hi can anyone tell me how to withdraw something from ebay if you have boust it now..

imy mate has bidded on a dvd and did not relise it could any be played on a certain type off dvd player many thanks funky-dunky

changilass
17-Nov-06, 17:26
Think the only thing you can do is contact the seller and explain, it is up to them then, but they may give you bad rep for it

Tristan
17-Nov-06, 17:31
If you explain it most sellers should be ok. If not you may have to bite the bullet, buy it and sell it on. Or as Changilass said you can risk getting a bad rep.

funky-dunky
17-Nov-06, 17:32
lol i wouldnt mind if they do its just i really need to get my bf something for christmas and this is what he wanted but then i relised that its the wrong kind off dvd player and the dvd aint good for my dvd as it wont work..

Emms
17-Nov-06, 19:00
As an avid ebayer (who has made this mistake) I can tell you that the only thing you can do is contact the seller.

If s/he agrees the bid can be withdrawn but if not, s/he can report you for non-payment of goods to ebay should you be winning bidder. If this happens don't worry as you will get a strike against your name (not on public profile) and you are allowed three strikes before being flung off ebay.

I accidently bid £400.00 instead of £40.00 and seller refused to accept I had made genuine mistake. Ebay gave me strike and never made mistake again so reputation is fine and am still ebay fanatic. If you want to check this out I am Number12lilac on ebay, so don't worry any problem from this is minor.

burstbucker
17-Nov-06, 20:17
Ebay will charge the seller a fee, if you meet this fee the seller may go easy on you.

Billy Boy
17-Nov-06, 20:36
if you have good reason you can retract your bid with ebay, I had a bidder do this on one of my auctions without contacting me

scorrie
17-Nov-06, 20:36
Ebay will charge the seller a fee, if you meet this fee the seller may go easy on you.

The seller can easily get a refund for their final valuation fee. It is simply a question of completing a form stating that the buyer and seller have mutually agreed not to proceed with the transaction. Ebay then email the buyer to check that this is the case and the final valuation fee is refunded to the seller.

All bids are legally binding but I am surprised that Emms had a problem with an obvious mistake in bidding. It is quite acceptable to retract a bid made in error, as long as it is done straight away. You are emailed with the news that you are the current high bidder and what the amount is, so there is really no excuse for letting it lie for any length of time.

It is always worth checking the wording of all auctions. If the seller points out that an item may be not be compatible in their listing, then the onus is firmly on the buyer to establish the suitability of the item. I also avoid auctions with endless terms and conditions, and wording such as "all bids are final", as you know you are going to get no leeway from the seller. Sadly there ARE sellers who hold feedback ransom in order to force the sale.

mums angels
17-Nov-06, 21:03
As far as i was aware ..all bids are leagally binding and its up to the buyer to read all details before they commit to buy , but as said i suppose it depends on how reasonable the seller wants to be - probably result in negative feedback at worst. Good luck with it.

You could point out that your only 16 so therefore are under the age requirements to use ebay without a parent or gaurdian so are therefore not legally obligated to pay!! worth

johno
25-Nov-06, 13:56
hi, i also bought a phone on ebay then realised that it was,nt what i wanted so i contacted the seller explaining this, but still offered to buy it she was very understanding about the whole thing and resubmitted it. she even left me a good feedback.
:Razz

sassylass
25-Nov-06, 17:41
Good communication is key to success on ebay. There's a big difference between deadbeat buyers and folks who genuinely make a mistake. I'm fed up with deadbeats and they earn bad reps from me, I easily forgive mistakes. If you explain your situation honestly, clearly, quickly, and offer an apology, you should have no problem retracting your bid.

oldmarine
25-Nov-06, 23:54
I have never used ebay for buying or selling, but this thread has been a wealth of information if I should so decide. Thank you much to all of you posters for your advice.

Tristan
26-Nov-06, 10:05
hi can anyone tell me how to withdraw something from ebay if you have boust it now..

imy mate has bidded on a dvd and did not relise it could any be played on a certain type off dvd player many thanks funky-dunky

So...what did you do and what was the outcome?