PDA

View Full Version : Make jobs fer young 'uns, sack the over 50's.....

Phill
27-Apr-12, 09:52
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17855240

Well here's a thought, solve the youth unemployment crisis by sacking all the old doderers!!
It could actually shake the economy up a bit too, worth a shot I suppose.

Sits back and waits for the wrinkly backlash!
:Razz

pmcd
27-Apr-12, 10:16
Speaking as a trainee crumblie (yoofspeak for Old Git) I am v. much in favour of handing in the dinner pail earlier to give the young 'uns a chance. My motives for this are very simple - as a fragile crumblie I'd feel a lot safer knowing that the young 'uns were happily employed doing some tiring and tiresome work, rather than being unemployed testosterone-charged undirected mayhem machines running loose in packs on the same streets I was limping along......

Also, as a crumblie, I don't need to keep up with the Joneses any more. They all died trying too hard to be kept up with. And beans on toast are lovely. Who needs lobster thermidor? Entertainments cheap too - you are your own best company, and the jokes are magic. And you get to talk rowlocks, without any comeback. Or shout at lamp posts, admire a sunset, or herd cats. And to quote my favourite author, Kurt Vonnegut "Today I am a Bulgarian Minister of Education. Tomorrow I shall be Helen of Troy".

Corrie 3
27-Apr-12, 10:19
Great idea................Let's start with the Houses of Commons and Lords !!!

C3.............:eek::roll:

golach
27-Apr-12, 10:52
Great Idea, that would get rid of Eck, he is 58 [lol]

Alrock
27-Apr-12, 11:48
Sounds good to me, as long as they get a full pension & stop getting hassled by the Job Centre....
Youth unemployment might be bad but at least there is still hope for them, anyone over 40 & unemployed are more or less on the scrapheap.

Shabbychic
27-Apr-12, 11:54
Great Idea, that would get rid of Eck, he is 57 [lol]

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20, has wasted 30 years of his life"
Muhammad Ali

RecQuery
27-Apr-12, 13:03
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20, has wasted 30 years of his life"
Muhammad Ali

Purely playing Devil's Advocate here but how qualified is a boxer to give out philosophical advice.

There are some entrenched older people who are useless but who won't ever be fired. I'd much prefer a policy that got rid of useless people.

pat
27-Apr-12, 17:04
As a crumblie (not trainee) I would happily give up my job to a younger person - self employed and still slogging my ass off.

Think many of us crumblies would happily give up work if the last lot of financial setbacks had not affected pension plans so badly and let my pensions with very big holes and not much left to support a crumblie person whoneeds feeding and feels the cold very much.

If there was a state pension as good as many European ones we would all look forward to retirement.

John Little
27-Apr-12, 19:03
Hmmmmm- if the young 'uns are that good, then why do they keep borrowing money from me?...

Alrock
27-Apr-12, 19:54
Hmmmmm- if the young 'uns are that good, then why do they keep borrowing money from me?...

Because they don't have a job.

John Little
27-Apr-12, 19:56
That's the problem - they do!!!

oldmarine
28-Apr-12, 03:54
I retired to make my position available for another.