PDA

View Full Version : Caithness in the Guardian

John Little
26-Apr-12, 21:15
Well you don't see Caithness on page 2 all that often...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/apr/25/local-election-fever-grips-uk?INTCMP=SRCH

R (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/apr/25/local-election-fever-grips-uk?INTCMP=SRCH)ebellion eh? Afghanistan or Syria.

Well well well...

Better warn the tourists to stay away from the Caithness Taliban then...

Corrie 3
26-Apr-12, 21:36
"Houses gobbled up by rich English retirees"......Now this does worry me somewhat, not so much that they are pricing our young out of owning their own home but more the fact that most of them seem to be voting Tory!!!! Can you imagine a Highlands run by Tories?...Heaven forbid!!!....:eek:

It was a bad piece of journalism John, it makes us all look like backwater hillbillies!! Then again.................

C3..............:eek::roll:...

John Little
26-Apr-12, 21:45
Well I hope so.

If the Highlands are a haunt of taxi drivers who are members of the Scottish Republican army who think the English take things from them and advocate rebellion in the style of Afghanistan, then I will stay away! I might end up being blown up by IEDs on the A9!!!

Sounds like Ireland in the 70s!

Kenn
26-Apr-12, 21:56
Just read the article and had a good laugh.
I suspect that Caithnessian humour has been at work.

RecQuery
26-Apr-12, 21:57
The article seems just as patronising as a lot of the media is to Scotland; it reads like the correspondence of a journalist in a Jules Verne novel. The kind that talk about native tribes and exotic locations of some far off land.

John Little
26-Apr-12, 22:00
Stupid Dutchman did it to Tyneside yesterday.

What does he know anyway?

Phill
26-Apr-12, 23:03
The muppet obviously doesn't do much research before he does his journo bit otherwise he wouldn't have packed his coat in his suitcase before heading to Wick. Reads to me more of Caithness taking the piss out of the Gruaniad.

trix
27-Apr-12, 00:15
i hed a fair chuckle :lol:

oldmarine
27-Apr-12, 03:24
Just read the article and had a good laugh.
I suspect that Caithnessian humour has been at work.

Caithness vs. English humour does get interesting.

gerry4
27-Apr-12, 11:37
Stupid Dutchman did it to Tyneside yesterday.

What does he know anyway?

Tyneside deserves it, now if it was Wearside, that would be totally different

Torvaig
27-Apr-12, 11:59
The muppet obviously doesn't do much research before he does his journo bit otherwise he wouldn't have packed his coat in his suitcase before heading to Wick. Reads to me more of Caithness taking the piss out of the Gruaniad.

He knows what he is doing alright and got a reaction; had you ever heard of him until now? ;¬)