PDA

View Full Version : wedding dinner

tennents
26-Apr-12, 01:56
hi there i am getting married and have a budget of £500 to feed 34 people i.e. dinner but i want to know if anyone knows anywhere in thurso that can accommodate me on my quest i have looked around and to no avail everywhere is expensive so i would be grateful if anyone can help me out PLEASE

pat
26-Apr-12, 10:09
Hire a hall and get a buffet organised, many people do outside catering

BRIE
26-Apr-12, 11:06
Fiona poulson does outside catering & is very reasonable.

Lavenderblue2
26-Apr-12, 12:18
Speak to Andrew at the Castletown Hotel - he would put on a carvery for you - we did that for my husbands birthday - excellent food, excellent service!!

harden
26-Apr-12, 12:21
yea a buffet would be best way to go and as stated andrew in casletown would make sure u have a great weddin and ul also get the hall for free at night thats if he not booked on ur date

linnie612
26-Apr-12, 13:12
There is a bloke on here that does buffets, www.chef4celebrations.com (http://www.chef4celebrations.com). I don't know what he's like as I haven't used him, but according to his site his basic buffet starts at £5 per head. You can add all sorts of other stuff to jazz it up though. Good luck:)

Beat Bug
26-Apr-12, 15:44
Many years ago my cousin organised a wedding reception for her daughter on a tight budget. She did all the catering for the buffet with help from the family. Much more personal, and a lot cheaper, than an outside caterer!