PDA

View Full Version : Wick Airport

Ravious
25-Apr-12, 17:12
Is there any place where you can clearly film planes landing and taking off at wick airport?

Phill
25-Apr-12, 17:31
Speak nicely to the man in the tower!

Depending on runway in use you can go down the road to Ackergill or the road to Northhead for approach & departure shots.
You can get some stuff from the terminal, security are very nice there and may let you by an open door to get a clear piccy.

Ravious
25-Apr-12, 18:17
Thanks!

Is there any fences near the airport which I could get shots from?

Alrock
25-Apr-12, 18:27
Speak nicely to the man in the tower!

Depending on runway in use you can go down the road to Ackergill or the road to Northhead for approach & departure shots.
You can get some stuff from the terminal, security are very nice there and may let you by an open door to get a clear piccy.

Hope you're not unwittingly aiding a potential terrorist plot still in the planning stage & needing info on the movement of planes in & out of Wick. Maybe a plan to crash a plane into Ackergill Tower at some point in the future when a high profile VIP is staying there.....
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

Ravious
25-Apr-12, 18:42
Haha no its a primary school project I am doing on the airport :)

Phill
25-Apr-12, 18:53
Hope you're not unwittingly aiding a potential terrorist plot still in the planning stage & needing info on the movement of planes in & out of Wick. Maybe a plan to crash a plane into Ackergill Tower at some point in the future when a high profile VIP is staying there.....If you've got the VIP list then I think we could pull this together! Anyway, the spy planes have been & gone this week so no useful movement info disclosed.

Phill
25-Apr-12, 18:55
Haha no its a primary school project I am doing on the airport :)Hmmm, didn't Abu Qatada say something like that!???!

Phill
25-Apr-12, 18:57
Hmmm, didn't Abu Qatada say something like that!???!Seriously, If it is a project then give the airport a call, they can be very helpful.

Big Gaz
25-Apr-12, 22:53
just don't show up with a "camera" fitted with a green coloured 36" long lens, flip up sight and an exhaust flare at the rear :-)

starfish
25-Apr-12, 23:06
why this person asked a question but as normal all you can do is take the mickey shame on you

Alrock
25-Apr-12, 23:14
why this person asked a question but as normal all you can do is take the mickey shame on you

Get yourself a sense of humour, the OP seems to have seen the funny side so I don't see what your problem is?

starfish
25-Apr-12, 23:27
Hope you're not unwittingly aiding a potential terrorist plot still in the planning stage & needing info on the movement of planes in & out of Wick. Maybe a plan to crash a plane into Ackergill Tower at some point in the future when a high profile VIP is staying there.....
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gifso this is funny into day times

Alrock
25-Apr-12, 23:32
so this is funny into day times

erm... Yes... Just cracking a joke, not advocating it...

Phill
26-Apr-12, 09:35
:eek: No fair! The OP got some valid responses to their original question, including the best advice to contact the airport for help......and then we started taking the mickey.

Anyway (more useful non mickey taking info), today would be a good day to film some landings, gusty as hell and across the runway, sorts the men from the boys for a crosswind landing.