PDA

View Full Version : Circling Helicopter

Lavenderblue2
17-Nov-06, 13:04
Can anybody tell me why there has been a helicopter circling over the Hill of Forss and maybe other areas for the last three days? It kept going round and round right over my house yesterday. I wonder has it anything to do with the Hydro work that's going on in the area?

LB

MadPict
17-Nov-06, 13:24
Rounding up the Haggis?

We all know how you catch the Haggis, perhaps they have brought the process into the 21st century.....

Lavenderblue2
17-Nov-06, 13:41
Oh yes - only about nine and a half weeks 'till the season! You are clever MadPict...

LB :)

Max
17-Nov-06, 14:00
I saw it too - must be doing some sort of survey surely!

jaykay
17-Nov-06, 14:05
It is something to do with the oil refinery that is being planned for Brimms.

danc1ngwitch
17-Nov-06, 16:47
laughin at the haggis comment... very good... x[lol]

robby50x
17-Nov-06, 17:47
its probably lookin for more places to plant some windmills or maybe they arer still lookin for renee macrae

bosco
17-Nov-06, 18:25
lavenderblue = they were maybe checking to see if your tv licence is up to date, or you are not hiding any criminals :cool:

Lavenderblue2
17-Nov-06, 19:43
Bosco, they were so close at one point, I thought they were checking that the window cleaner had been!

LB

Fran
18-Nov-06, 00:52
was it a yellow or red helicopter?

Gleber2
18-Nov-06, 01:38
was it a yellow or red helicopter?

Maroon or red I believe.

melted_wellie
18-Nov-06, 02:13
Maroon or red I believe.
aww pity it wasnt a yellow one, i like yellow ones.

Keith Shelley
18-Nov-06, 02:24
Maybee its big brother watchin you.

Sairheed
18-Nov-06, 08:29
Whilst travelling up the Thurso Golf Course road the other day I saw a blue helicopter, stationary, on ground close to the "white monstrosity". Guys who looked to be surveyors were close by - maybe 3TUK are thinking of further enhancing our skyline with another outsized henshed.

Bill Fernie
18-Nov-06, 10:53
Helicopters are used for all sorts of operations in the north of Scotland -
In Caithness it might be -
Checking power lines - it is much faster do this by helicopter as the lines are often in difficult places to reach. I understand that with equipment on board they just need to fly over the cables etc. Perhaps someone with some knowledge might explain how this is done. I have always been curious about it and have seen them in the past round about Wick and been told that is what was going on.

Trips for wealthy clients from Ackergill Tower who also fly around the county in helicopters. Helicopters - three of them at once around Dunnet Head in the summer. What great way to see around the county especially some ofthe castles on the coast.

The Latheron show had a helicopter a couple of years dong trips on the east coast and it was fully used that afternoon. They tried again but the event was cancelled on the day as the company apperently could not come up.

For the current helicopter question it would appear the power line or Hydro work is the most likely but as many surveys can be carried out from the air it could be for any purpose. Even councils get aerial surveys done from time to time.

Ann
18-Nov-06, 12:42
Silly people! It was Santa Claus doing a recce!:lol:

Max
18-Nov-06, 21:40
I knew it!!

The_man_from_del_monte
18-Nov-06, 22:00
It was me, I'm proposing doing some fruit drops over the Christmas period (a seasonal variation on a rice drop) and am just making sure of my drop zones as I'll be flying in the dark when I do make my Christmas fruit drops. Pineapples, figs, oranges, kiwi fruit, bananas, pomegranets and passion fruit will be dropping from the sky during the month of December, my way of saying Merry Christmas.

footie chick
18-Nov-06, 23:13
It was me, I'm proposing doing some fruit drops over the Christmas period (a seasonal variation on a rice drop) and am just making sure of my drop zones as I'll be flying in the dark when I do make my Christmas fruit drops. Pineapples, figs, oranges, kiwi fruit, bananas, pomegranets and passion fruit will be dropping from the sky during the month of December, my way of saying Merry Christmas.

the people from Caithness they say YES
please [lol]

Fran
19-Nov-06, 02:15
It could have been the air ambulance?

bosco
22-Nov-06, 10:30
the man from del monte, are you going to be buying your fruit from tesco ? lol:D

highlander
22-Nov-06, 15:43
I did hope he was going to land at my hoose, and take me shopping in style lol

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/highlander1959/17thNovember2006014.jpg

Lavenderblue2
22-Nov-06, 17:40
Great photo Highlander - you obviously got the same treatment as we did - heavens, he was nearly close enough to pass him up cuppa!! :lol:

By the way, I hope The-man-from-del-monte remembers us when makes his 'fruit drop' at Christmas!

LB

MadPict
22-Nov-06, 20:24
It's registered to:
PLM DOLLAR GROUP LTD
DALCROSS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
INVERNESS
IV2 7XB
UNITED KINGDOM

http://www.pdg-helicopters.co.uk/base.htm