PDA

View Full Version : Tesco petrol station shop

Fran
17-Nov-06, 03:26
I think the new Tesco filling station shop is very good. It has everything and is open till midnight. I got a loaf of Hovis bread there for 10p tonight and its not even out of date. they do sandwiches, tea bags, sugar, the usual sweets and drinks and cigarettes and car things,plus cooked meat, veg, cat and dog meat, just about everything, its great.Also newspapers.

scorrie
17-Nov-06, 23:45
I think the new Tesco filling station shop is very good. It has everything and is open till midnight. I got a loaf of Hovis bread there for 10p tonight and its not even out of date. they do sandwiches, tea bags, sugar, the usual sweets and drinks and cigarettes and car things,plus cooked meat, veg, cat and dog meat, just about everything, its great.Also newspapers.

And, of course, there is the lovely bonus of knowing that items bought there do not affect other shops in the town who would usually benefit from the purchase of the same items.

Nice shiny new Tesco shop make car thing shopper so happy. Also Dog Meat, much good for hungry Korean shopper ;o)

connieb19
17-Nov-06, 23:48
And, of course, there is the lovely bonus of knowing that items bought there do not affect other shops in the town who would usually benefit from the purchase of the same items.

Nice shiny new Tesco shop make car thing shopper so happy. Also Dog Meat, much good for hungry Korean shopper ;o)
What other shop in the town is open to midnight? I agree with Fran, it's fine and handy if you've forgotten on something.

Tristan
17-Nov-06, 23:49

I must say I was fine while at the pumps but walking into the kiosk gave me a real feeling of deja vu.

rockchick
17-Nov-06, 23:53

Dog meat? please explain!

Saxo01
17-Nov-06, 23:57
ach dinna worry a scorrie over here is a scavenger they'll eat anything

scorrie
17-Nov-06, 23:59

Err, Meat from Dogs. I always call food for dogs Dog Food. To me, "Dog Meat" sounds like something that is on the menu in some Asian countries.

scorrie
18-Nov-06, 00:01
ach dinna worry a scorrie over here is a scavenger they'll eat anything

Some Scorries have the savvy not to "eat" all the bull and hype. Those are staples of the diet of Sheep ;o)

willowbankbear
18-Nov-06, 00:02

What about Stella & magners & Vodka?

Saxo01
18-Nov-06, 00:03
sounds like youv'e had your fill scorrie and its spilling over

Saxo01
18-Nov-06, 00:06
Late night magners now your talking

scorrie
18-Nov-06, 00:09
What other shop in the town is open to midnight? I agree with Fran, it's fine and handy if you've forgotten on something.

So they are open for a few hours longer. Big deal. The way Fran was going on about it you would think that this famed 10p Hovis was the first sliced loaf to hit the county of Caithness. I makes the County sound like a real hotbed for backward Country Bumpkins. What next, hot water and electricity?

At this rate we will need a new website to hold all the eulogies "In Store" for the Beeeg Shoppie itself.

scorrie
18-Nov-06, 00:11
Late night magners now your talking

Are you sure it's not your Late night Magners doing your talking Saxa?

I'm taking your statements wi a large pinch o salt anyway ;o)

connieb19
18-Nov-06, 00:12
So they are open for a few hours longer. Big deal. The way Fran was going on about it you would think that this famed 10p Hovis was the first sliced loaf to hit the county of Caithness. I makes the County sound like a real hotbed for backward Country Bumpkins. What next, hot water and electricity?

At this rate we will need a new website to hold all the eulogies "In Store" for the Beeeg Shoppie itself.It is a big deal they're open a few hours later and over lunchtime. It's great to have somewhere to go later on at night for shopping without paying the ridiculous prices the small shops are charging.

Saxo01
18-Nov-06, 00:16
Oh my we have ruffled your feathers, Tomorrow you will have something else to stir your big spoon in

caithnessboyagee
18-Nov-06, 00:20

At this rate we will need a new website to hold all the eulogies "In Store" for the Beeeg Shoppie itself.Why dont you get of your high horse frans only telling people whats on offer don't see anyone else complaining .your not forced to read whats put on the forum if you don't like it don't read . as i have been told on many occasions.

JAWS
18-Nov-06, 01:07
Err, Meat from Dogs. I always call food for dogs Dog Food. To me, "Dog Meat" sounds like something that is on the menu in some Asian countries.I understand Chows were specially bred in China because their tongues were considered a delicacy. Certain food we would not think twice about eating wouldn't be touched by people from other cultures so I certainly wouldn't consider Dog Meat anything to comment on.

So far I have been prevented from shopping when I find it convenient, however, nobody will be prevented from Not Shopping at 11 at night.

Shortly I will have the more choice about when and where I choose to shop just as others have a similar choice about when not to shop.
I will not moan about people not wanting to shop at any time between 6am and midnight so I don't see why others should moan about the fact that some people do.

There is no reason why other businesses should not offer the same opportunities for their customers.
What often seems to get conveniently overlooked by some is that businesses are there for the benefit of their customers and not the other way round.

_Ju_
18-Nov-06, 01:10
What about Stella & magners & Vodka?

Can petrol station shops sell alcohol here????

Naefearjustbeer
18-Nov-06, 01:46
Can petrol station shops sell alcohol here????

Bridgend in thurso has done for years.

scorrie
18-Nov-06, 13:15
Why dont you get of your high horse frans only telling people whats on offer don't see anyone else complaining .your not forced to read whats put on the forum if you don't like it don't read . as i have been told on many occasions.

You are not forced to read what I write either!!

I find it amusing that the fact that a Petrol Station Shop is selling "car things" should be deemed worthy of making the news.

Frans post sat for twenty hours without a response. Funny how my reply sparks off so much interest.

Calm down.

scorrie
18-Nov-06, 13:19
I understand Chows were specially bred in China because their tongues were considered a delicacy. Certain food we would not think twice about eating wouldn't be touched by people from other cultures so I certainly wouldn't consider Dog Meat anything to comment on.

So far I have been prevented from shopping when I find it convenient, however, nobody will be prevented from Not Shopping at 11 at night.

Shortly I will have the more choice about when and where I choose to shop just as others have a similar choice about when not to shop.
I will not moan about people not wanting to shop at any time between 6am and midnight so I don't see why others should moan about the fact that some people do.

There is no reason why other businesses should not offer the same opportunities for their customers.
What often seems to get conveniently overlooked by some is that businesses are there for the benefit of their customers and not the other way round.

Ah Jaws you would never see anything I wrote as being fit for your mighty standards.

Some people eat dogs, some people think it is cruel. We could say the same for just about anything we eat. It might offend someone. somewhere. What are we to do, pretend it doesn't happen?

Good luck in finding a shop that panders exactly to your individual needs. Business has to be practical, if there is no money in being open at 2am for one insomniac then it wont happen. There is a limit to what you can feasibly expect.

I wish I could climb to the top of the moral high ground you occupy.

JAWS
19-Nov-06, 13:35
Ah Jaws you would never see anything I wrote as being fit for your mighty standards.

Some people eat dogs, some people think it is cruel. We could say the same for just about anything we eat. It might offend someone. somewhere. What are we to do, pretend it doesn't happen?

Good luck in finding a shop that panders exactly to your individual needs. Business has to be practical, if there is no money in being open at 2am for one insomniac then it wont happen. There is a limit to what you can feasibly expect.

I wish I could climb to the top of the moral high ground you occupy.I haven't found such a shop so far here abouts but there's a rumour there will be one coming shortly.

From what I've read on here I'm not the only one who shops outside the 9 to 5 restriction. And yes, I have even come across people from the County when I've been shopping in Inverness at 3am. At least I won't have to drive all the way down there if I want to shop after 5pm.

I don't think they do a line in Chow's tongues but, seeing I'm never likely to become Emperor of China I suppose I'll be able to do without. :)

Checking back I realise I should have made the Dog Meat comment a little more light-hearted.
It was meant as a throw-away bit of information rather than a serious observation.
Still, if I insist on breathing fire I can't complain if I sometimes scorch myself.

golach
19-Nov-06, 16:11
Ahh, the joys of living in Auld Reekie, 24 hour Wal-mart Asda,selling everything, nearly 24 hours legal drinking, 24 hour buses, and nearly 18 hours Take-away food outlets.
What more can an owld chiel want or need [lol]

Colin Manson
19-Nov-06, 16:13
24 hours of peace and quiet :cool:

Billy Boy
19-Nov-06, 16:24
do you also have a 24h red light district:eek:

johno
22-Nov-06, 18:42
was up at tesco s today just for a snoop about & i must say that i was a little dissapointed at the front of the new store. my shed is smarter looking.
surely that isnt the finish of the frontage?? well just so long as the have the same bargain,s & variety as all the other tesco,s.

rfr10
22-Nov-06, 18:51
was up at tesco s today just for a snoop about & i must say that i was a little dissapointed at the front of the new store. my shed is smarter looking.
surely that isnt the finish of the frontage?? well just so long as the have the same bargain,s & variety as all the other tesco,s.

Not sure if it is the finish but I think it looks pretty good... unless they've changed it again.