PDA

View Full Version : Oldfield Court / Queens Court - much needed footpath repairs to be undertaken

Nick Noble
24-Apr-12, 11:44
Just received a phone call from the Highland Council Housing service who are responsible for the Sheltered Housing scheme at Oldfield Court and Queens Court to let me know that at long last, after having reported many issues there over the past few months they have inspected the paths and will now be getting the required work carried out to make the paths safe for their tenants.

The various other issues I have been working on with tenants of the scheme are also in the process of being resolved, so thank you Highland Council.

More details on my blog http://nicknoble.mycouncillor.org.uk/2012/04/24/thank-you-highland-council/

If you have any access issues, footpath or roadway repairs, or general council service issues you would like help with please feel free to get in touch. Full details on my web site, or just send me a PM on here.

poppett
24-Apr-12, 15:52
Thank you Nick. You have achieved more than we ever hoped for, although the battle is not yet won.

Keep up the good work, and good luck with the forthcoming elections.

poppett
26-Apr-12, 23:17
According to the Press and Journal yesterday the battle to have the warden position filled is almost at an end. Thanks in no small way to Nick.

golach
26-Apr-12, 23:25
According to the Press and Journal yesterday the battle to have the warden position filled is almost at an end. Thanks in no small way to Nick.
Hope Nick does well, he is not even a councilor, and he has done some thing for the community, not many Tartan Tories can say that

Corrie 3
27-Apr-12, 04:35
Hope Nick does well, he is not even a councilor, and he has done some thing for the community, not many Tartan Tories can say that
The SNP are doing much more than fixing pavements Golach!!!
Isn't it strange how the likes of you don't mention the good things that the SNP are doing, especially for our ex-service folk, their Widows and our Young Folk!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-17856210

C3................:roll::roll:

poppett
28-Apr-12, 13:34
Sadly Corrie my dad`s pleas for help over the withdrawal of the warden service fell upon deaf ears until Nick came on board via an appeal to John Thurso MP.

The fact remains that this one man achieved more in nine weeks than the press, CAB and letters and emails to Inverness and Golspie achieved in nine months.

My dad is 91 and was a WW2 veteran. He (and others like him) deserves better regardless of the politics.