PDA

View Full Version : Another zebra crossing?

Fran
17-Nov-06, 03:22
We now have 2 new zebra crossings at the junction on the road going to thurso. now they are building one just pass the co-op in the middle of the road. The area will be overrun with pelican lights, fencing, crossings and road signs and i think this will be more of a danger to pedestrians and motorists??????

Tristan
17-Nov-06, 08:19
I drive past there most days and I have never seen a high school pupil use them.
They have even started walking out into the road to get past the fencing that has been put up. I think the junction is becoming an accident waiting to happen unless it is policed.

dirdyweeker
17-Nov-06, 12:27
Drove to Co-op at 8.45 this mornig. Had to stop for pupils walking on the road. This was just past the Bankhead Road pelican crossing. Thanks to new barriers the pupils now walk out into paths of cars as they STILL do not use the appropriate crossing. What a waste of money.
If the crossing had been put from Bankhead road to the Opticians, then perhaps it would have been used.

Also, the woman who lives on the corner says she was never consulted re the Pelican crossing and now has to put up with flashing orange lights through her windows 24/7!

pultneytooner
17-Nov-06, 13:48
I drive past there most days and I have never seen a high school pupil use them.
They have even started walking out into the road to get past the fencing that has been put up. I think the junction is becoming an accident waiting to happen unless it is policed.
I don't think it matters if they use them, it's just that they are there for people to use and if there was an accident then the council wouldn't be resposible.