PDA

View Full Version : Bookshop Cafe...cheescake!!!!!MMMmmmmm

groatsgirl
16-Nov-06, 23:48
I have to say, we went into the bookshop cafe for a cuppa and a slice of cake....they recommended that we try the strawberry cheesecake as it was just made.....oh...my...god...it was lovely...i have never tasted better....so if your out for tea and cake you have to try it.

connieb19
16-Nov-06, 23:51
Is it dear in there?

footie chick
17-Nov-06, 11:00
Was in the bookshop on Saturday must admit had forgotten all about the cafe the smell was lovely will have to give it a go before too long

Ojibwa
17-Nov-06, 15:24
Which bookshop is this ?

henry20
17-Nov-06, 15:27
Jim Bews in Thurso

footie chick
17-Nov-06, 17:16
Excellent lovely food well presented and a good price plus lovely comfy seats this will be a regular haunt for me ;)

rockchick
17-Nov-06, 23:29
Was in there last Saturday for a snack and a cuppa with some friends...it was very nice! and not too dear.

Fluff
18-Nov-06, 17:47
i thought the cafe had shut? i am sure someone told me they were paying people off a few months ago

bluewickers
18-Nov-06, 21:38
Its great what they can do with ready made food items these days.

maidencaithness
20-Nov-06, 15:16
I have to say, we went into the bookshop cafe for a cuppa and a slice of cake....they recommended that we try the strawberry cheesecake as it was just made.....oh...my...god...it was lovely...i have never tasted better....so if your out for tea and cake you have to try it.

Had cheesecake there not long after opened and was frozen rubbish, hopefully they changed!

Spirit
23-Nov-06, 17:12
I quite often pop in to the bookshop cafe for some lunch. Their Chicken and Bacon wraps are lovely if you like to give your tastebuds a real treat. It's also reasonable for their kids lunch box meals. It's somethimes a hit or a miss as to what they have, depends on who's cooking and how busy they have been but I think most, if not all they make is fresh. Prices are reasonable, enviroment is really nice and comfy and staff are very pleasant.