PDA

View Full Version : butcher meat?????

dbooth82
22-Apr-12, 10:20
hi every1 dont no if posted this in the right section but does any1 no any1 who does good quality butcher meat at reasonable prices and will deliver in wick?

thanks

sids
22-Apr-12, 12:13
There are only two butchers. Check out their prices and ask if they'll deliver.

They both sell good stuff.

golach
22-Apr-12, 12:16
I am led to believe there is a good one in Orkney, but you may need a helicopter to collect the meat [lol]

ducati
22-Apr-12, 20:47
Tescos have a a good butcher department I'm led to believe. I'm vegetarian so I wouldnt know.:Razz

sids
22-Apr-12, 20:57
Tescos have a a good butcher department I'm led to believe. I'm vegetarian so I wouldnt know.:Razz

I had Tesco sirloin tonight. Not bad, but tougher and dearer than my usual from Harrold or
George Harper (trading as Sinclair, Macarthur St).

Didn't taste as good either, but not bad. They appear to stretch "loin" down the flank a bit too, but not bad; I enjoyed it.

GLENELG
22-Apr-12, 23:16
[QUOTE=golach;946089]I am led to believe there is a good one in Orkney, but you may need a helicopter to collect the meat And they are no charge for the Helicopter

Dadie
22-Apr-12, 23:59
Any half decent butcher can cut and joint meat easily to your requirements if you know what you want!
But if you want burgers and sausages etc you are best going on your taste as they take more than cutting skills!

Dadie
23-Apr-12, 00:18
just use and ask for what you want at your local butcher and they will try to oblige ...

witchschild
24-Apr-12, 14:00
Have always gone to George Harper - great selection and fantastic quality of all meats. Well worth the trip through from Thurso.:D

Bradcon
24-Apr-12, 17:29
would recommend kenny campbell at greystones farm and he can deliver.

*Martin*
24-Apr-12, 18:37
On a side note, do any of our local butchers sell beef jerky?

Eilanboy
25-Apr-12, 10:36

Would second this one.All Kenny's products are first class especially the sausages.Available every Saturday at Wick Street Market or calling at or phoning Greystones.

ducati
25-Apr-12, 11:25
Blimey! I hope Caithness General have a furred up artery department. :eek:

sids
25-Apr-12, 12:27
Blimey! I hope Caithness General have a furred up artery department. :eek:

If it'll keep the hospital open, let's make sure they need one.

Sausages all round!

dbooth82
25-Apr-12, 17:31

Would second this one.All Kenny's products are first class especially the sausages.Available every Saturday at Wick Street Market or calling at or phoning Greystones. thanks il check him out! :)

Chris Cormack
26-Apr-12, 22:34
hi every1 dont no if posted this in the right section but does any1 no any1 who does good quality butcher meat at reasonable prices and will deliver in wick?

thanks

Castletown is a great butchers but don't know if they deliver to Wick