PDA

View Full Version : Stopped Smoking !

cherokee
20-Apr-12, 21:55
Yeah!! Well only for 3 weeks;... but feel very proud of myself !:lol:

Is there anyone else in the same situation, who would like to share their idea's or helpful hints in "stopping smoking" ....? :)

Beat Bug
20-Apr-12, 22:26
My daughter-in-law wanted to get my grand daughter a pony. My son said she could buy one herself if she gave up smoking. She stopped there and then, and 2 months later she's still off them, and has a new pony! If you really want to stop, and stay stopped, put your ciggie money away somewhere, and don't touch it. It will soon mount up, and you'll have a nice little nest egg! Good luck, and keep it up. It's worth it. I speak from experience, 20 a day for for over 20 years, and I stopped when I couldn't afford it any more. I bought a car with what I saved!

Joefitz
21-Apr-12, 01:09
My wife and I stopped 2 weeks ago!! We have saved over $200:00, and are excited about what we are going to do with it!!!
One hour, one day, one week.......keep with it, we are proud of us...and of you!!!

Duncansby
21-Apr-12, 11:12
I'm really good at stopping smoking, I've done it loads of times....seriously though well done everyone. I cut down gradually, until I was only maybe having 1 or 2 a day and I'd started doing more exercise so I really didn't want to smoke. Then suddenly one day I realised I hadn't had a smoke in 3 days and I'd never missed it! Stopped for a whole year but then ended up having a sneaky one now and again when I was stressed at work. :( Think it's time for another lifestyle change....

cherokee
21-Apr-12, 16:14
Thank you all for your kind wishes and helpful tips ! :Razz

I was in a friend's house today, where people were smoking and knew I could've easily asked for a cigarette, but I managed to refrain....gave myself a wee pat on the back for that one, moreso because it was the first time I've found myself in that situation since I've stopped !

Yes, proud of you and your wife also Joefitz, well done ! :)

Kevin Milkins
21-Apr-12, 21:42
Well done Cherokee, keep it up.:Razz

The benefit of giving up far out weigh the the short term pleasure of having a drag.

oldmarine
22-Apr-12, 01:57
Yeah!! Well only for 3 weeks;... but feel very proud of myself !:lol:

Is there anyone else in the same situation, who would like to share their idea's or helpful hints in "stopping smoking" ....? :)
Congratulations! I quit smoking after returning home from the Pacific war during WW2. It was easy for me as I never truly enhaled the smoke during all the time of 35 months.

euan the driver
24-Apr-12, 06:01
good on you,i tried recently to quit after 26 years an nearly managed,then got mega stressed out an started up again,gonna try again.

pat
24-Apr-12, 12:38
Keep it up - you will soon be ex-smokers, more money in your pocket, smell better and not have to go outside to get cold to feed your addiction.

Good on you Cherokee - you are doing well, you have the determination to manage it.

Euan - why not get in touch with Cherokee and do it together, offer each other support in quitting.

Eilanboy
24-Apr-12, 15:09
Congratulations to all those who have stopped smoking..Keep going it gets easier as time passes.I stopped 12 years ago and have to say it ranks as one of my major achievments in life.Looking at the prices today I cannot fathom how anyone can afford to smoke.

Joefitz
26-Apr-12, 17:51
Over 3 weeks, now. My wife, I am sad to say, has been sneaking a drag, but I'm not saying anything, hoping she'll jump back on the horse with me!!
Keep Going,you lot!!!!!!
I don't know what they cost in the UK, but I was paying $7:00 a pack....

billmoseley
26-Apr-12, 18:33
it's 10 years since i had one (40-60 a day). keep going it gets easier and you will love the extra money. mind you even after all this time there are moments even now that i could die for fag and there seems to be no reason for the cravings

EDDIE
26-Apr-12, 20:51
My daughter-in-law wanted to get my grand daughter a pony. My son said she could buy one herself if she gave up smoking. She stopped there and then, and 2 months later she's still off them, and has a new pony! If you really want to stop, and stay stopped, put your ciggie money away somewhere, and don't touch it. It will soon mount up, and you'll have a nice little nest egg! Good luck, and keep it up. It's worth it. I speak from experience, 20 a day for for over 20 years, and I stopped when I couldn't afford it any more. I bought a car with what I saved!

Thats why i diid i smoked 40 a day i saved over £600 in 2months it is a good idea put the money in the bottle and save up for something u really want even if its a waste of money just go get it.

Joefitz
29-Apr-12, 13:35
Hey, Cherokee!!!........Going into week four, Linda is back on the horse with me, and we are doing well.....how goes it with you?????

pat
04-May-12, 20:56
Hope you are all doing well on the non-smoking and feeling the benefits of seeing your money growing, the health benefits will come.