PDA

View Full Version : Council Area office Wick

badger
16-Nov-06, 11:46
What has happened in the Council offices in Wick? Time was you could phone, get through to the right department and speak to someone who knew what you were talking about. Not now. I phoned this morning to complain about my road and the lady I spoke to, who was doing her best and was very polite so no criticism of her, had never heard of the village where I live and could not find my address on the computer. These days most companies have a system that produces addresses if you supply a postcode but apparently not our Council. Even when I had spelled everything out she could not find it and had to enter all my details. Having then to describe the location of the problem in a country lane to someone who had no idea where I was talking about was a nightmare – for her and me. Maybe they could buy a map? :roll:

footie chick
16-Nov-06, 15:52
If they cant find your address maybe you should try not paying your council tax bet they find you then :)

crashbandicoot1979
16-Nov-06, 16:08
It is now no longer possible to phone the service points in local offices. All calls are dealt with by a call centre in Alness although if you have the direct number for someone in a particular department you should be able to get through to them. It was only a matter of time before the council went down the call centre route.

weeboyagee
16-Nov-06, 18:39
Talking about not recognising where you live - how many times have you telephoned directory enquiries to find out they don't recognise half the places you are looking for a number for, typical conversation

Baikies Place (erm,.....can you spell that), Thrumster (erm,.......can you spell that), Caithness,......erm,......where's that ...................AAARRRGH - just forget it :eyes

But someone on the council not recognising the village you live in, in a local area is poor show. Surely EVERYONE would know where EVERY village is in Caithness.......no?????

WBG :cool: