PDA

View Full Version : Argo's.

cuddlepop
16-Nov-06, 11:35
When is a delivery date not a delivery date? When it's given by Argos of course. Following on from my fellow Orgers experience, and after many errors in the past I foolishly thought I would give them another go. No prob, technology, ordered on line, card debited receipt given with delivery time. Brill. Stayed in all day Tuesday (signature required). No show. Nothing yesterday. Phoned today. They could not understand what my problem was. After all on a remotre Scottish Island it can take up to seven days to deliver.

To cut a long story short they will get the carrier to phone with delivery time. Apparently the delivery time they quote is when they deliver to the carrier. They argue that the delivery time quoted is not guaranteed and in any case the small print has a get out clause. Mr CP did offer to challenge it in the small claims court (lost wages for day off) as they were in breach of contract but they declined. Was tempted to tell then to stick it but my son really wants this telly.

Not using them again. This is another error to many over the years. Is home delivery available to the Caithness area by Argos truck? They say the furthest north they go is Inverness, but I cannot believe that they use a carrier to deliver to their store Snotty letter to follow methinks.

Naefearjustbeer
16-Nov-06, 11:39
We ordered 2 sofas from Homebase and it was an argos truck that delivered them, several weeks after the suposed delivery date. We have been in discussions with homebase about some sort of compensation as they had our money from the day we ordered it and we had no sofas for about 6-8 weeks.

Kingetter
16-Nov-06, 11:44
When is a delivery date not a delivery date? When it's given by Argos of course. Following on from my fellow Orgers experience, and after many errors in the past I foolishly thought I would give them another go. No prob, technology, ordered on line, card debited receipt given with delivery time. Brill. Stayed in all day Tuesday (signature required). No show. Nothing yesterday. Phoned today. They could not understand what my problem was. After all on a remotre Scottish Island it can take up to seven days to deliver.

To cut a long story short they will get the carrier to phone with delivery time. Apparently the delivery time they quote is when they deliver to the carrier. They argue that the delivery time quoted is not guaranteed and in any case the small print has a get out clause. Mr CP did offer to challenge it in the small claims court (lost wages for day off) as they were in breach of contract but they declined. Was tempted to tell then to stick it but my son really wants this telly.

Not using them again. This is another error to many over the years. Is home delivery available to the Caithness area by Argos truck? They say the furthest north they go is Inverness, but I cannot believe that they use a carrier to deliver to their store Snotty letter to follow methinks.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=158626#post158626

charley9
16-Nov-06, 11:46
We had the same problem with delivery. When it eventually turned up it was such rubbish quality furniture we sent the whole lot back, 2 months later we are still owed some of the money. I spoke to them on a weekly basis and when I said if I didn't receive the money by the end of last week I would go to Trading Standards, was told that was entirely my choice, still have not received the money so now taking the matter further. Will never order anything from Argos home delivery again.

angela5
16-Nov-06, 11:49
I've never had a problem with Argos Home Delivery, everything i have ordered has come on the date given. It's always been GM Distribution that has delivered my items.

emszxr
16-Nov-06, 11:56
cuddlepop, is it a large item you are waiting for or a small item. if its a small item is it not still white arrow, now reality that deliver the samller items. depending where abouts you are on skye, are you in portree, there is a driver that lives in glendale that does that part of the island, well it was when i was working for them.

cuddlepop
16-Nov-06, 12:02
Its a tele and the courier is suppose to phone us wth the expected delivery date.
We've had beds,sofa's,carpets etc delivered from other firms with no hassle at all.If I hear the excuse we're a remote Island one more time I'll scream.:mad:

emszxr
16-Nov-06, 12:09
you dont know the courier that is delivering it do you. i know that with companies that do the bigger items they tend only to deliver to skye once a week.

krieve
16-Nov-06, 12:14
I have never had any problems with Argos home delivery. I ordered my sofa from them and the delivery was 1 week early, the delivery driver phoned the house to see if anyone would be in to accept delivery. Other things i have ordered have always been on time or early so i can't really complain.

Wish
16-Nov-06, 12:57
Oh noo, not liking the sound of this, as we have just moved house I hadn't bought any of the kids christmas pressies before we left England incase they saw it in the move, so I have been relying on the big A for my shopping, which I was going to start online today:confused

Think i'll try someone else, or its going to be an epensive trip out to Inverness, only trouble is, how do I buy their presents whilst they are with me:confused

Hope you get it sorted out Jackie x

emszxr
16-Nov-06, 13:14
wish, with small items, i shouldnt worry. i used to deliver argos stuff with white arrow and the small items were always delivered on time.

bobsgirl
16-Nov-06, 13:36
Argos can be slow on delivery but this time of year they will make sure that you do get it in time for Christmas, everyone probably has the same idea of buying a little early so they are probably just overloaded with orders.

I must say that it is better than Woolworths when you order to be delivered to the store, my mate ordered a trampoline and it came months after delivery date, having to be reordered in the middle of that, due to losing the order or something!

Dont panic yet!! It should arrive on time!

cuddlepop
16-Nov-06, 14:55
Courier left a message on my phone to say they will deliver tomorrow.Exactly when tomorrow they haven't said so someone we'll have to stay in all day.
Just need to tell the patients tomorrow evening your not getting fed because i've to wait in for a delivery,I dont think so.:roll:

burstbucker
16-Nov-06, 15:02
Argos and Homebase are connected to one another. We ordered furniture from Homebase, it arrived 2-3 days early on an Argos delivery, they were supposed to telephone let us know the delivery date but didn't.

dirdyweeker
17-Nov-06, 12:32
Oh noo, not liking the sound of this, as we have just moved house I hadn't bought any of the kids christmas pressies before we left England incase they saw it in the move, so I have been relying on the big A for my shopping, which I was going to start online today:confused

Think i'll try someone else, or its going to be an epensive trip out to Inverness, only trouble is, how do I buy their presents whilst they are with me:confused

Hope you get it sorted out Jackie x

I have used Argos for online shopping prior to the Wick store opening and had no problems what so ever. Trust the Argos 'sleigh' they are good at delivery of small items in my eyes.

sjr014
17-Nov-06, 13:48
When we got our first house about 6 years ago we bought our sofas from argos and they delivered 2 weeks after the supposed delivery date, which was very annoying as i had taken a day off work for them coming and sat in all day. The day that they did arrive was by luck it was my day off as they never phoned just appeared so luckily i was in!

And just a few months ago we moved to rented accomodation and needed to buy a cooker, so bought 1 from the local argos being told by the guy who served me that it would be delivered within 10 days, and that argos would phone to confirm delivery date. Aye right! More like a month and no phone call from them!

I would be reluctant to order any item that requires delivering again.

scorrie
17-Nov-06, 14:05
Inspired by this thread, I backed a horse called King Of Argos in the 5.50 at Wolverhampton yesterday. Sadly, he finished second after the jockey delivered him too late!!

Well, I was warned!!

cuddlepop
17-Nov-06, 21:10
We played stay in the house its your turn today and the tele arrived at 4 30pm.
After this performance from Argo's and poor service from the shop itself I'd be reluctant to use them again.[disgust]

Lucy
17-Nov-06, 21:55
We played stay in the house its your turn today and the tele arrived at 4 30pm.
After this performance from Argo's and poor service from the shop itself I'd be reluctant to use them again.[disgust]

Glad you got your tele today. i waited in all day for new blinds. phoned at 4.30pm told systems down in inverness call back at 6pm. called back at 6.30pm told as its near christmas delivery could be as late as 8pm. called at 8.30pm told my goods are in inverness but don't know when they will deliver and i am to phone and arrange my own delivery. i said not good enough and asked to speak to a manager. told phone back on monday. by the time i have paid for all the phone calls i could be cheaper going to inverness and getting them myself. :mad:

Tristan
17-Nov-06, 22:00
Only used their delivery once for a mattress to set up our son's flat at uni.
Delivery on time and in the am time we requested. Too bad it sounds like it is so hit and miss.

obiron
17-Nov-06, 22:05
most of the stuff we ordered has arrived early or on time except for a step ladder. it took nearly a month to arrive and when i complained offered to refund my postage.