PDA

View Full Version : Kriss Donald

pultneytooner
16-Nov-06, 10:35
One would think, that the brutal, racist, premeditated torture and murder of a child would be headline news all over the country... After all, we all remember the mass media hysteria over the Stephen Lawrence murder, not to mention the ensuing Macpherson public inquiry, the full written response by the then Home secretary Jack Straw and his action plan to tackle racism within the police and society at large. Racism cuts both ways.

Naefearjustbeer
16-Nov-06, 11:22
As far as I can see the story has been plastered accross every national paper I have read over the past while. As for the news I dont know as I hardly ever watch TV. However you are correct racism works both ways.
One of the things that horrified me was reading that one of the murderers was found to have a knife in prison and was still let out to then go on and be involved in this terrible murder. How many times are convicted criminals released to go on and commit more and worse crimes. The justice system in this country is letting us all down. I hope these evil murderers never taste freedom again.

Cattach
16-Nov-06, 11:33
As far as I can see the story has been plastered accross every national paper I have read over the past while. As for the news I dont know as I hardly ever watch TV. However you are correct racism works both ways.
One of the things that horrified me was reading that one of the murderers was found to have a knife in prison and was still let out to then go on and be involved in this terrible murder. How many times are convicted criminals released to go on and commit more and worse crimes. The justice system in this country is letting us all down. I hope these evil murderers never taste freedom again.

It did hit the news on TV this time though this is certainly unusual as very few Scottish events hit national TV news unless very political. That is why our ex-pats in the deep south know little about what is happening north of the border. Thank goodness Caithhness.org keps them informed on Caithness issues.

Billy Boy
16-Nov-06, 16:59
One would think, that the brutal, racist, premeditated torture and murder of a child would be headline news all over the country... After all, we all remember the mass media hysteria over the Stephen Lawrence murder, not to mention the ensuing Macpherson public inquiry, the full written response by the then Home secretary Jack Straw and his action plan to tackle racism within the police and society at large. Racism cuts both ways.

totally agree,and it was on the news that one of them is appealing against his sentence[evil] i only hope when it comes up, they increase his sentence!

George Brims
16-Nov-06, 18:31
Wasn't the whole fuss about the Stephen Lawrence case as much about it being mis-handled by the police in the beginning, thus messing up royally the chances of a successful prosecution later? I haven't heard of any similar incompetence in the more recent case.