PDA

View Full Version : Adoption

paris
16-Nov-06, 09:37
OMG ive just had an email from the last adopted brother ive been looking for for the last 26yrs. I put adds on all the usally sites and have had a reply. Its def him. Hes the last one of 11 i was looking for . Im so excited ive shared this with all of you.........MY FRIENDS. Will keep you up to date as and when. Jan x:lol:

henry20
16-Nov-06, 09:41
Thats great news. I hope it goes well for you both. :) x

newlabeluk
16-Nov-06, 09:42
Congrats Jan, Best of Luck to you both:D

unicorn
16-Nov-06, 10:49
best of luck to you all x I hope it goes well :)

mums angels
16-Nov-06, 12:00
Good luck to you paris .. i for one wouldn't want to find mine but i do hope it works out well for you

JAWS
16-Nov-06, 12:03
Good Luck and hope everything turns out well.

paris
16-Nov-06, 12:18
Just had another email from him, its def him. He lives in wales so i can feel a trip coming on LOL. Really excited !!!!:lol: jan x

lin
16-Nov-06, 12:19
Thanks for sharing your great news, keep us up to date and good luck!!:)

changilass
16-Nov-06, 12:49
Thats great news Paris, congrats and hope things go well from here on in:D

bobsgirl
16-Nov-06, 13:32
Congrats on finding him Paris, last out of 11 Wow! I thought I was from a big family!
Hope all goes well......enjoy!

paris
16-Nov-06, 15:48
Have sent him my home phone no and told him if hes brave enough to ring me ! jan x

danc1ngwitch
16-Nov-06, 15:51
I had 2 cousins come find me just about a year and a half ago.. they been looking all their lives and tho found my parents they were not told about me... they however came back looking and tho my mum is dead and dad is very old... they were delighted to meet me.. and since then there has not been a day that has gone by that we do not talk... i have relatives all over the world and i had no idea at all... Please, Please anyone who with holds a families back ground think again... Families should be open and honest no matter what... I am delighted for u and all will go well u wait and see... U have so much to find out and so much to tell...x0x

paris
16-Nov-06, 18:25
Getting very excited now waiting for the phone to ring. He plays in a band and loves fishing so at least i will have something to talk about if i get stuck ! lol jan x

weeboyagee
16-Nov-06, 18:34
Hahaha - somehow I think, reading these posts that we are all fairly excited about how this goes too paris - at last some good news we can read about that makes us feel uplifted here! Go for it - I hope that it all works out great for you!

Good Luck...

WBG :cool:

David from Stockport
16-Nov-06, 20:35
Good luck Paris - its a weird feeling isnt it ? ive been there and will be watching this thread to see how you get on ive got my fingers crossed for you. I always knew i was adopted and used to spend hours staring out of the window wondering where my family were, on my 18th my odoptive mother gave me all the paperwork regarding my birth mum (she was from a small town in ayrshire) i was young and nieve and it took me 2 years of looking to finaly trace her to London - i met her three days after my 20th birthday (not that she really wanted to) ive met her 3 times since but in all honesty she doesnt give a toss and she s not a patch on the family that brought me up . I knew i had a brother but she wouldnt give me any info and said if i ever tried to cantact him or any of the rest of the family even after she s dead she d come back and haunt me . I said i wouldnt and kept my promise for 20 yrs but it was making me ill so i contacted him and dont regret it for a minute although we have since fallen out but at least we know about each other, what was a suprise is i was told by my birth mum that all my family lived in this small town in ayrshire so when my brother phoned and spoke to me for the first time it was a shock to find out that our mums youngest sister lives a mile down the road from me with her hubby and my 3 cousins .
Good luck Paris x

changilass
16-Nov-06, 21:03
We have gone through the adoption process and are now waiting for a child to be placed with us.

We have every intention of ensuring the child knows he/she is adopted from the begining, and will be more than willing to give the child all the support and help needed when the time comes should they wish to find their birthfamily.

Any ideas from any of the adopted orgers would be more than welcome, please pm me if you think you could pass onto us anything you can think of that will help the child.

We have covered a lot of bases already and have read all the relevant books but there is nothing quite like first hand experience.

Thanks in advance for any help.

paris
16-Nov-06, 21:37
Well ive just had the first conversation with my little brother ! He grew up in wales and has a very strong accent, but we both laughed together and have loads in common. He lives in a little village and they are all in and out of his home asking about me. Now i DO feel special . I sent pics of my family and he has me. We plan to meet up after Xmas. I now feel com pleat after years of searching. Only wish porshiepoo was here to celebrate with me . jan x
And a big thank-you for all you who have supported me over the last 2 days !:D

Piglet
16-Nov-06, 21:42
Great News, Paris.

Glad everything is going great. :Razz

paris
16-Nov-06, 21:55
We have gone through the adoption process and are now waiting for a child to be placed with us.

We have every intention of ensuring the child knows he/she is adopted from the begining, and will be more than willing to give the child all the support and help needed when the time comes should they wish to find their birthfamily.

Any ideas from any of the adopted orgers would be more than welcome, please pm me if you think you could pass onto us anything you can think of that will help the child.

We have covered a lot of bases already and have read all the relevant books but there is nothing quite like first hand experience.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I will pm you tomorrow changilass and congrats to you both. Im sure you will become perfect parents. jan x:)

David from Stockport
16-Nov-06, 22:16
I hated waiting -after i first spoke to my brother i was on day off and just wanted to drive up there and then but waited 2 nervous weeks. I had actualy sat outside his house about 3 years prevoisly but had told our mother id never cantact him . You can imagine what that was like driving 220 miles to sit outside my brothers house -like being a stalker but in a nice way!! . After the first phone call there was about 50 texts in 2 days and lots more phonecalls.

enjoy xx

changilass
16-Nov-06, 22:19
Thats great Paris, I bet you cant sit in the same place for 2 mins at a time you are so excited. I am really pleased for you, congratulations.