PDA

View Full Version : Roofing Company 0141 278 3919 mobile 07787911308

catran
17-Apr-12, 18:39
Looks as if they are the same ones as last year, offering to clean rooves ect.. Their Flier is similar to the last lot of white vans but this guy at door tonight had hidden his vehicle he was walking the street in Wick.

catran
17-Apr-12, 18:43
oops I forgot to say all estimates are free, quality work at realistic prices (with no hidden extras and no VAT) Pre-purchase surveys, full roofs to small replairs, no mess, no fuss. Storm damage and insurance work welcome. All work is fully guaranteed and what we quote is what you pay.

maggie
17-Apr-12, 20:32
Is this a recommendation or a warning?

Bill Fernie
17-Apr-12, 21:17
I have said it over and over again but it is worth repeating -

NEVER buy anything from anyone at the door, on fax, email or on the phone that you did not first ask for.

If you need a service go to someone you know or have a recommendation for or can vouch for in the High Street or after checking online. If you do not buy anything at your door or email or fax or on the phone you are less likely to be conned or get a poor service.

catran
17-Apr-12, 22:49
Well I do not know but neighbour has said no vehicle and quite pushy to have some work done to their roof. Just wondering if anyone else knows the Company especially the no VAT . The guy shifted very quickly when my other half told him we were not interested in having our roof painted so I reckon people should beware before parting with cash.

Doreen
18-Apr-12, 08:42
Well I hope its not the same lot going about last year as I had them at my door and was very cheeky when I started asking him how much they were charging and also he had the men up on the next door neighbors roof with no safty harnesses on them so my answer to my questions to him was are not you a nosey bitch and its him that came to my door that alerted me so I phoned the police they came and domt know the outcome but they soom were gone so be wary .

Phill
18-Apr-12, 09:45
Is this the 'traveller' types currently holidaying on the industrial estate in Wick?

Reminds of that theme tune ......No income tax, no VAT No money back, no guarantee.

transit
18-Apr-12, 21:04
in reply to phill-first of all i think its very in appropriate to pinpoint people if you dont know for sure who this company is? then to class human beings as being a "type" of person is not fair at all quite discriminating dont you think?.

catran
18-Apr-12, 22:54
But ABN Ltd is not listed in the whatsoever, so how come they can quote no VAT Are they a registered Company, I think not..........................

Phill
18-Apr-12, 23:05
People fit into types, do they not?

It was a descriptive term which I feel best describes who I understand they are, Travellers. (the people on the ind' estate) What would you rather be used, "Pikey"?

I wasn't pinpointing, I was asking. Hence the "Is this" at the beginning, and a "?" at the end.
The clues are all there.

transit
19-Apr-12, 18:51
its the fact you just started blaming people for things, people that you dont even know so every person who doesnt pay tax is a traveller!! and how on gods earth do you know that the people who are on the industrial estate are travellers? and since you seem to think you know what your talking about what is your definition of a pikey.

david
19-Apr-12, 19:08
its the fact you just started blaming people for things, people that you dont even know so every person who doesnt pay tax is a traveller!! and how on gods earth do you know that the people who are on the industrial estate are travellers? and since you seem to think you know what your talking about what is your definition of a pikey.

So are the people on the industrial estate just happy campers then?

transit
19-Apr-12, 19:23
could be david none of us are any the wiser,how about some of u thats so quick to judge go up to the industrial estate and speak to the people and ask them are they travellers and why dont they pay vat.

transit
19-Apr-12, 19:39
live and let live for godsake its the 21st century people.maybe if some of you actually spoke to folk from the travelling community you would come back with a very different view as to the one you had they are very respectful people.

Corrie 3
19-Apr-12, 19:45
live and let live for godsake its the 21st century people.maybe if some of you actually spoke to folk from the travelling community you would come back with a very different view as to the one you had they are very respectful people.
Like these one's you mean???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-17773902

And why do they always leave a mess for others to clean up after them?

C3................:roll:

transit
19-Apr-12, 20:11
you cant tar every travelling man with the same brush,there not all the same i can find a hundred and one articles about high end business men that have done a lot lot worse and they pay their TAXES! so lets tar all the people who pay taxes with the same brush shall we! sweep your own doorsteps before trying to sweep others i think........

Phill
19-Apr-12, 22:22
I don't believe I've blamed anybody for anything. I think you may be jumping the gun a little here, I don't KNOW if they are or not. I have been led to believe that there are Travellers that do come and stay on the industrial estate from time to time, I don't know if they are the same ones or different ones. I was told they come up here as a holiday, I don't know if this is fact or fiction. But, to me they appear to be Travellers, it's an observation and not an accusation or an insult. Just my observation.

If you don't like the term Traveller, what would you prefer I use?
Pikey, is a particularly derogatory term that some people use to refer to travellers, many other terms used are equally offensive. Short of Gypsy or Gypsy/Traveller I am at a loss as to what other words to use.