PDA

View Full Version : Meteorite?

lorr_mun14
17-Apr-12, 10:00
Did anyone see what they thought may have been a meteorite around about 8.00pm last night, in Wick bay??

ducati
17-Apr-12, 10:27
Meteorite? Ha Ha That's what THEY want you to think. :eek:

RecQuery
17-Apr-12, 11:14
Myself and a small group of people are currently fighting the invaders trying to keep them contained. Zombie survival kits turn out to be pretty effective against alien invaders should anyone wish to join us.

Angel
17-Apr-12, 21:43
Was it low down... could it possibly have been a flare!

Angel...

Violetsky
17-Apr-12, 22:02
it could very well have been - there is a meteor shower forecast for the period 16th until 26th April with the 22nd being the optimum time for the amount of meteors to be seen - i had marked it on the calander when i saw it in the paper a few days ago
ps just saw a very slow moving object move from west to east in the sky approx 10 mins ago, was very bright and was NOT flashing like a plane normally does, just a plain white light - goodness knows what it was - maybe a meteor running out of steam!!!

roadbowler
19-Apr-12, 00:47
it could very well have been - there is a meteor shower forecast for the period 16th until 26th April with the 22nd being the optimum time for the amount of meteors to be seen - i had marked it on the calander when i saw it in the paper a few days agops just saw a very slow moving object move from west to east in the sky approx 10 mins ago, was very bright and was NOT flashing like a plane normally does, just a plain white light - goodness knows what it was - maybe a meteor running out of steam!!! international space station

Fran
20-Apr-12, 02:54
I saw this recently about the same time a couple of weeks ago whilst driving from Wick to Thurso. It was on my left side then moved to infront and started falling down. I got such a fright. It disappeared till i got nearer to thurso and there it was, over Halkirk but low, such a bright light, definetly not a star. at first i thought it was a plane crashing till I realised there was no blue and red light. Not my imagination, I had a passenger.