PDA

View Full Version : xmas presents

Tattie B
15-Nov-06, 21:46
just wondering what everyones buying their children for xmas.I havent a clue what to get my twelve year old daughter any suggestions anyone?

rockchick
15-Nov-06, 21:55
My daughter is eleven years old today, and for Christmas will be getting a much-wanted electric guitar. (ssshhhhh!!)

candyfloss
15-Nov-06, 21:57
Can't tell you that on here,
the kids might read it, then it would'nt be a surprise [lol]

bobsgirl
15-Nov-06, 22:17
Our two are just getting new bikes.....well needed and didn't want to buy for the sake of buying! Other than that just little bits and pieces.
Thankfully that is all my Christmas shopping done and all wrapped up in the loft waiting for the big day!!
Bet I have forgotten something!!:confused

changilass
15-Nov-06, 23:33
Hope it aint Bob's youv'e forgotten lol

bobsgirl
15-Nov-06, 23:36
Hope it aint Bob's youv'e forgotten lol

I did until today....LOL!!
But his is ordered and just waiting the delivery.

mums angels
15-Nov-06, 23:41
my eight year old is wanting a mobile phone and ipod of all things..i was still playing with barbies at that age .she grew out of them at 3 and is now into bratz, make-up and music.

shes not getting an ipod but have forund a cheap MP3 thats been made to look like an ipod for children..she'll never know the difference I hope. her main pressie is a bratz bus/stage that plays music from MP3, GBA(game boy) micro then few other little bits

My son whos 5 is gettin GBA and Pirates of caribean ship as his main pressie and few other bits and peices

And one year old boy is getting Baby v-smile learning game and little touch leap pad book

usually buy too much at xmas but after years of watching them play with it all for cpl of days then finding most of it in back of cupboard 6months later i have decided to only get what will be played with regulary and save a bit of money in the process.

sharon
15-Nov-06, 23:45
my 13 yr old laptop, 10 yr old pink ps2, 8 yr old pink ds lite, and the 3 year old baby annabel pram...... hubby gets nothing no money left after all that!![lol]

98elite
15-Nov-06, 23:58
havent a clue what to get my twelve year old daughter any suggestions anyone?

An ipod, our 11 year old says thats what EVERYONE wants, also he informed us that the delay on the PS3 until 2007 is a TOTAL DISASTER :(

Dali
16-Nov-06, 00:14
An ipod, our 11 year old says thats what EVERYONE wants, also he informed us that the delay on the PS3 until 2007 is a TOTAL DISASTER :(

More of a bonus for parents more time to save the £530 price tag :)
If anyone is looking o get the new tickle me elmo tmx that is sold out just about everywhere .Argos Wick has a few so hurry and get one as they are selling on ebay for £70 already you cannot get them any other place i have tried .

young
16-Nov-06, 13:59
More of a bonus for parents more time to save the £530 price tag :)
If anyone is looking o get the new tickle me elmo tmx that is sold out just about everywhere .Argos Wick has a few so hurry and get one as they are selling on ebay for £70 already you cannot get them any other place i have tried .
hi thanks for info on TMX elmo i managed to reserve one today from argos in wick he looks absolutely great. i am sure any little one ( or adult) would love one of these for christmas

angela5
16-Nov-06, 14:07
hi thanks for info on TMX elmo i managed to reserve one today from argos in wick he looks absolutely great. i am sure any little one ( or adult) would love one of these for christmas

Whats TMX elmo? is it the red teddy with big eyes that you through up in the air and it giggles?

young
16-Nov-06, 14:12
Whats TMX elmo? is it the red teddy with big eyes that you through up in the air and it giggles?

Try this website to see the new TMX elmo in action

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RKaDGNQ98 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RKaDGNQ98)

angela5
16-Nov-06, 14:17
Try this website to see the new TMX elmo in action

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RKaDGNQ98 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RKaDGNQ98)

Glad mine are past that age, that would drive you nuts listening to that being played over and over.
Had a 'tickle me elmo' years ago, it never did anything until you picked it up, it would giggle and then you threw it up in the air it would say "again, again".
He was left out in the rain one night and i ended up binning it.:D

emszxr
16-Nov-06, 15:03
tegan who is 2 is getting a train set and play dough
and enya who is 5 months a couple of interactive toys.

probably get them a couple of wee stocking fillers yet.

henry20
16-Nov-06, 15:06
And EMSZXR got a red ferrari ;)

emszxr
16-Nov-06, 15:09
And EMSZXR got a red ferrari ;)

i did and its got pride of place where it can be seen, thanks xxxx

mangobay
16-Nov-06, 16:31
Just having a wee browse!!

We have a tickle me elmo which hasn't really ever been played with!!

Red fuzzy elmo that giggles when tickled!!

Still in good condition and works if your interested.

Ricco
16-Nov-06, 16:54
Sadly, I don't have any children. But I would like to forgo my Christmas pressies and get my nieces a new PC as their old one is really quite like a mis-spelt freshwater fish.

However, my wife has vetoed this idea and says that I am getting a Christmas pressie instead - won't be what I want though! :~(

Billy Boy
16-Nov-06, 17:02
Sadly, I don't have any children. But I would like to forgo my Christmas pressies and get my nieces a new PC as their old one is really quite like a mis-spelt freshwater fish.

However, my wife has vetoed this idea and says that I am getting a Christmas pressie instead - won't be what I want though! :~(

what will your pressie be lol?? a new chair for the dog house!

Ricco
16-Nov-06, 17:09
what will your pressie be lol?? a new chair for the dog house!

Nope - a new camera. Apparently we need a new one.. must be a bit like "need new shoes". I'd still rather see the big beaming smiles on my nieces faces.

Ojibwa
16-Nov-06, 21:42
Since it's my boys first Christmas in Canada, they are getting an outdoor hockey set, skates & helmets. Grandma is also going to get them inflateable tubes for sliding down the hills, I'm sure I'll have a go too!:lol:

goldenguernsey
17-Nov-06, 04:55
How things have changed.
We must surely all be better off these days.
Might be showing my age here but I remember Christmas when we got the things we needed anyway like socks, underware, slippers and a dressing gown, oh and wellies.
As well as a few treats like oranges and apples and nuts in our stockings.
Don't know why but I remember especially the new wellies, like they were somehow a huge bonus. Maybe cos my old ones took in water.
Right at the back of the heel, just where you stuck your other foot in to get them off.
Those were the days............

canuck
17-Nov-06, 05:46
Since it's my boys first Christmas in Canada, they are getting an outdoor hockey set, skates & helmets. Grandma is also going to get them inflateable tubes for sliding down the hills, I'm sure I'll have a go too!:lol:

Ah, skates, now that is about as Canadian a Christmas present as one can give or receive. Even as teenagers we got them. I was almost 20 when I got my last pair. I still have them. They still work great.

Piglet
17-Nov-06, 09:20
Might be showing my age here but I remember Christmas when we got the things we needed anyway like socks, underware, slippers and a dressing gown, oh and wellies.

My kids still get these things from Santa but also get a big pressie as well but i do now some kids that get all toys from santa.

mums angels
17-Nov-06, 13:09
My kids still get these things from Santa but also get a big pressie as well but i do now some kids that get all toys from santa.

Yeah my kids and Hubby get those items in their stockings too along with main pressie...wellies are a good idea though , never thought of them, ,they all need some new ones :D

bobsgirl
17-Nov-06, 13:18
How things have changed.
We must surely all be better off these days.
As well as a few treats like oranges and apples and nuts in our stockings.

We tend to leave the traditional stockings to our family friends......they always give the kids a stocking every Christmas. They have taken over the role of my late mother-in-law and the kids love it!! They do tend to leave it to last to open because it has always got little lucky dip pressie in it too! Great surprises!

molly
17-Nov-06, 13:34
Hi,
My fifteen yr old wants Victoria Beckham Jeans, an Ipod Station and dressing table. my twelve year old wants an nano ipod and straightners. my 3yr old wants a pram and doll and anything pink from argos toys section. A farm set for my 2 yr old i think and also a few pieces to start a wooden train set.

zappster
17-Nov-06, 16:22
our 11 year old was wanting an mp3 player .We got a 4Gb i pod nano copy off Ebay for £40 & it does everything,games,video,radio,Ebooks,Mp3 .
Brilliant deal
Just go on Ebay & search for mp4 theres a british seller with free postage.
well worth the money

mums angels
17-Nov-06, 16:32
For anyone that wants a TMX tickle me elmo....they are all sold out online and in stores , however was just in Thurso woolworths and they had 3 there for £34.99, they still have 2 left as i bought the 3rd :) I'm sure my wee 1 will love it , he loves watching the link that someone posted earlier.

elaine
17-Nov-06, 17:42
Some good ideas here: http://www.firebox.com

or http://www.gadgetshop.com/pws/Home.ice

for kids and grown-ups!!

Lucy
18-Nov-06, 09:08
Both my kids are grown up and working, although still living at home. they have more money than me at the moment. So this year what i really really want for christmas is for them to spend a lot of money on cleaning materials and give me 2 lovely clean bedrooms with no laundry. Hint, Hint if my kids read this.:D

sweetpea
18-Nov-06, 10:26
Looking at this thread has really stressed me because I haven't even thought about xmas yet and now that I have, I've discovered it's not that far away! Hearing about things being sold out and hard to get has put me in panic stations. I havent even bought so much as a card.
I can feel my blood pressure creeping up. I've got 2 rooms to paper and lay flooring down. A round of work do's and other xmas outings. The whole house is upside down and I'm sitting here writing about it.lol. At least this has got me into gear, I'm going to make a list and then probably not use it but at least I might calm down just by putting it on paper.

young
19-Nov-06, 16:32
For anyone that wants a TMX tickle me elmo....they are all sold out online and in stores , however was just in Thurso woolworths and they had 3 there for £34.99, they still have 2 left as i bought the 3rd :) I'm sure my wee 1 will love it , he loves watching the link that someone posted earlier.

Hi there glad you got one i got the last one on thursday from Argos in wick it only cost £24.99 as i had a £10 voucher from argos from there last promotion. There is someone on ebay selling them for £100. My little girl love watching the link that I posted to:D

Dali
19-Nov-06, 17:43
Looking at this thread has really stressed me because I haven't even thought about xmas yet and now that I have, I've discovered it's not that far away! Hearing about things being sold out and hard to get has put me in panic stations. I havent even bought so much as a card.
I can feel my blood pressure creeping up. I've got 2 rooms to paper and lay flooring down. A round of work do's and other xmas outings. The whole house is upside down and I'm sitting here writing about it.lol. At least this has got me into gear, I'm going to make a list and then probably not use it but at least I might calm down just by putting it on paper.

Well aslong as you do not want a elmo TMX or a Nintendo wii then you should be ok :)

molly
22-Nov-06, 14:59
It's not bad getting for your children as they usually know what they want.

However, what do you get for your wife, husband, mam or dad when they say " i dont need anything" which really means i want a surprise.
Or sometimes when they think of something they want, but just go out and buy it cause they can't wait until christmas...It really annoys me as they would be so disappointed if i didn't get them anything.....

bobsgirl
22-Nov-06, 17:01
It's not bad getting for your children as they usually know what they want.

However, what do you get for your wife, husband, mam or dad when they say " i dont need anything" which really means i want a surprise.
Or sometimes when they think of something they want, but just go out and buy it cause they can't wait until christmas...It really annoys me as they would be so disappointed if i didn't get them anything.....

Hubby and I are bad for this. We usually get little things as a surprise but then look at what we may need for the house. For my last Birthday he bought me the Electric Fire for the living room and for his I bought him an Electronic Projector Screen. If you have been together a long time this does make some sense.

I did however tell him not to buy anything around his Birthday , but he didn't listen. I got him some books that he loved reading and he needed a few to finish the set. He was browsing on Ebay and found one of the books really cheap and bought it. He got the one from us on his birthday and the one from Ebay a few days later. Now we both have a book to read!! Dont have to fight over that one....lol!!

Shows how much couples are in tune with each other though!

funky-dunky
22-Nov-06, 21:58
i got my baby (boyfriend) a new phone wasnt anything dear as it was on ebay but its certainly enough for him lol

unicorn
22-Nov-06, 22:01
Along with other things hubby got me 3 cross stitch kits last year and I still have not managed to finish the 1st one :) That said it has been a brilliant present as it has lasted aaaaaaaaages

WeeBurd
22-Nov-06, 22:14
A snowman... that's all my Wee'erBurd wants from Santa, nothing fancy, just a snowman...

Since Wee'est is only 5 months, she's not asked for anything in particular, but judging by the rate she's growing, she'll be needing some new clothes with elasticated waists to cover her beeg bowg!![lol]

ellie-lou
23-Nov-06, 10:38
just wondering what everyones buying their children for xmas.I havent a clue what to get my twelve year old daughter any suggestions anyone?what about sum perfume all girls luv perfume:)

ellie-lou
23-Nov-06, 10:41
does she like smellies.

ellie-lou
23-Nov-06, 10:48
I Will B Gettin My 4yr Old Daughter Anything 2 Do Wie Postman Pat As She Luvs Him(unusual For A Girl):)