PDA

View Full Version : Wick new phone books

harden
17-Apr-12, 00:03
hello i just want to say the books are going out now weather depending and for anyone in the country lanes there will be extra books left at wick lochshell in the new cafe there and also there will be ones in the post office johnogroats as for wick and watten and haster and milton and riess and papigoe and staxigoe and kiess and thrumster and ulbster it should all be done this week weather permittin... :D

sms
17-Apr-12, 19:08
Would this be the Caithness Phone directory?The person who delivered mine left which looked like, it was thrown over the gate. Now its wet so Thank you very much for my wet directory

Birons
18-Apr-12, 08:11
Now its wet so Thank you very much for my wet directory

It may be a bit damp, but still a great advert on page one. ;)

www.birons.co.uk (http://www.birons.co.uk)

Bilbster
18-Apr-12, 11:15
Caithness phone directories?. Who gave them permission to publish my name and number?

harden
18-Apr-12, 11:37
u did unless u stated that u wanted x directories then ur name and number goes in and if u did say u wish to be x directory then complain to the phone book company ..also like to say diffrent areas have diffrent people doing books so sms what area u in and il have a new book go throu ur door also if u got a dog less chance off it going thro door and as stated there will be books left to pick up at diffrent areas if u dont recieve one t.y..

pretty green eyes
18-Apr-12, 13:16
Why is there less chance of the book going through the dog if we have a dog?

harden
18-Apr-12, 13:21
just that its kids helping to deliver and told if there is a dog in the garden dont deliver as dog could just be protecting there property is that clear enough or would u rather kids get bitten

pretty green eyes
18-Apr-12, 13:27
Wow I asked a question as you stated that dog owners has less chance if getting one. Unsure why such an hostile answer. Of course I would never want a child bitten!

Eilanboy
18-Apr-12, 13:52
Wow I asked a question as you stated that dog owners has less chance if getting one. Unsure why such an hostile answer. Of course I would never want a child bitten!

Try not asking stupid questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pretty green eyes
18-Apr-12, 13:58
Try not asking stupid questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol in no way was that a stupid question he or she didn't say children was helping or mention if the dogs was outside then he or she wouldn't deliver only if we had a dog.

Duncansby
18-Apr-12, 16:50
Aye because the other obvious reason would be....nope I'm stumped can't think of one ;)

pretty green eyes
18-Apr-12, 17:20
Aye because the other obvious reason would be....nope I'm stumped can't think of one ;) Bairns helping during term time wasn't obvious to me...sorry!!

Duncansby
18-Apr-12, 17:43
doesn't really matter if it's bairns or adults surely - both can be bit

pretty green eyes
18-Apr-12, 17:52
doesn't really matter if it's bairns or adults surely - both can be bit I was asking for clarification as the post wasn't clear. I've already stated I wouldn't want anyone to be bitten. I got the clarification albeit very rudely. End of the matter.

Kevin Milkins
18-Apr-12, 22:39
I'm not one to poke my nose into another posters dispute, but I didn't think post number #5 was very clear either, :confused and the reply was a tad bit rude as well.

I have had a look through my copy of the phone book and would congratulate the people that have put it together, it looks very professional, but I would perhaps look at the distribution of it in future.

Bilbster
20-Apr-12, 16:58
u did unless u stated that u wanted x directories then ur name and number goes in and if u did say u wish to be x directory then complain to the phone book company ..also like to say diffrent areas have diffrent people doing books so sms what area u in and il have a new book go throu ur door also if u got a dog less chance off it going thro door and as stated there will be books left to pick up at diffrent areas if u dont recieve one t.y..

No I did not, I allowed my name and number to be published in the BT phone book and their web based info but not in any others. You can't go around publishing personal details willy nilly.

Alrock
20-Apr-12, 17:05
No I did not, I allowed my name and number to be published in the BT phone book and their web based info but not in any others. You can't go around publishing personal details willy nilly.

Did you specify in particular that you wished it to only be published in certain places?

Bilbster
21-Apr-12, 21:05
Did you specify in particular that you wished it to only be published in certain places?

I don't have to. Whoever put my details in this Caithness Phone directory does not have my permission to do so, it is as simple as that.

harden
21-Apr-12, 21:10
update books are now also available at auckingill petrol station and the shop in kiess for those in the country sorry we cant delivery to everyone in the country but to do so would not be profitable so that is the reason its iss left as certain place and thanks to those generous people for there help in the comunity ....

rogermellie
21-Apr-12, 21:44
I don't have to. Whoever put my details in this Caithness Phone directory does not have my permission to do so, it is as simple as that.

but if you don't mind your details being in the BT phone book, why do you object to them being in the local directory ?

are you sure about the permission thing ?

rogermellie
21-Apr-12, 23:02
just checked the small print in the directory.
it says it's compiled and published under licence from and with the consent of BT

so there you go, they do have permission.

if you don't want your details published in next years local phone book, go ex directory

linnie612
24-Apr-12, 14:55
I finally received my CTD today. It is in a marvellous condition both front and back, with the names and numbers laid out attractively inside. (There are also some advertisements to

peruse for anyone wishing a little light reading).