PDA

View Full Version : Pay up-to the full price for up-to full speed broadband, good idea

RecQuery
16-Apr-12, 13:15
I like the idea - http://wispa.it/upto-charge-upto-service/ - an up-to full fee price for up-to full speed broadband. I've never had any real problems with speed on any of my connections but I still support the idea.

Ofcom is the most toothless and ineffective regulator ever though so I'm not hopeful.

Extract from that link:

An ‘upto’ charge for an ‘upto’ service

We want to help pressure the communications regulator into actually doing something about your ISP charging you full price for an ‘upto’ service.

If your supermarket charged you full price for ‘upto’ a Kg of sugar, or the service station charged you full price for ‘upto’ a gallon of petrol they would be prosecuted.

It is only because Ofcom have failed to act that this nonsense continues with broadband. Complete the petition below, and we will automatically forward your request for action to Ofcom. Make sure you tweet about it, and get it on Facebook – when Ofcom have so many emails from real customers that it becomes difficult to carry on their normal day, they will act – and as they have your email, they may even be kind enough to reply to you…

ducati
16-Apr-12, 14:24
Does that mean BT will pay us, here in Caithness?