PDA

View Full Version : SKY tv

Mr P Cannop
15-Apr-12, 14:44
am thinking about getting sky tv whats everyones about sky tv ??

Kodiak
15-Apr-12, 14:59
I have been with SKY simce 1991 and I have never regretted it at all. SKY have the most HD Channels and Movie channels. They have some really great Programmes on SKY One, SKY Living and SKY Atlantic.

Also now that you can get Anytime+ with any ISP you have a fantastic amount of Programmes and Movies that you can watch on Demand

Personally I think it is great value for money but I am positive that there will be many who will not agree with me at all.

mi16
15-Apr-12, 21:29
its the limit

Mr P Cannop
16-Apr-12, 14:22
whats the limit ??

mi16
16-Apr-12, 15:44
the sky..........

Koi
16-Apr-12, 15:51
Make sure you don't need to cancel with them! We had it for a month discovered a hidden charge they did not tell us and they refused to put us onto the local exchange and wanted us to pay £17 extra a month to be put on the next exchange. Well as you can imagine my partner said no and told them he wanted to cancel. Took 3 months to get rid of them completly as they cancelled the tv but left the phone line in when we wanted it all cancelled!
Safe to say we will never ever get sky in again.
Have you thought about bt vision? If you're anything like me waiting a week is annoying and bt vision can give you the whole series to watch in a oner. We are thinking of getting bt vision once we actually have a tv lol. Haven't had one in months and just used the laptop for watching the odd thing on bbc iplayer so far lol.

westpest
17-Apr-12, 19:48
I wouldn't get Sky again, we had dreadful problems when cancelling. I would recommend BT Vision. Its a really good idea and much better than sky at a fraction of the cost ;)

Mall67
17-Apr-12, 20:10
Rip off. Don't do it. After a couple of months you'll be watching the same thing over and over. Sky has the market sewn up and they know it, they need some competition and quickly.

Alrock
17-Apr-12, 20:53
Go for freesat.... No contract, better reception than freeview, roughly the same mix of channels as freeview (only watch the main channels so not sure on the difference) & best of all, when your favourite BBC proggy is replaced by bloody football or some other Scottish tripe just watch BBC England instead.

teddybear1873
17-Apr-12, 20:57
I once subscribed to SKY TV. They sent a man round to my house in order to set up the satellite.

Strange, I always thought it was a woman's job to do the dishes.. :D

mi16
17-Apr-12, 21:16
boom boom tish

EDDIE
18-Apr-12, 17:47
Its expensive for what it is i would rather go for netflix at £6 month but i just have freeview it does me fine