PDA

View Full Version : Going to UNI?

caithness sound & light
15-Apr-12, 14:18
If you are going to university or college this year be sure to get all of your electrical appliances PAT Tested before you go.
All electrical appliances should be tested once a year and this includes things like straighteners,TV,Games consoles,Hairdryers,Phone chargers etc.
Drop me and E-Mail and I will give you a realistic and instant quote. I Can arrange call out to do it at your house or you can arrange a time which is good for you to have it done in my workshop.

If you are interested please feel free to give me a buzz or drop me an E-Mail

M: 07933048427
E: chris@caithnesssoundandlight.eu
W: www.caithnesssoundandlight.eu

Serenity
15-Apr-12, 15:29
Why should people going to uni get all their items PAT tested? Some halls of residence ask for SOME items to be tested (eg sandwich toasters, George Foreman grills etc) but certainly not all the items listed. And most will do the PAT themselves. Students should check the terms of their rental agreement (halls or private) before listening to this scaremongerer trying to drum up business.

Sinclair72
15-Apr-12, 15:44
If this true then I'd ask home aid how much they charge as it might just be a donation? I know they do pat testing so just a thought as being a student is expensive enough as it is.

beetlecrusher
15-Apr-12, 16:31
You may need a tv licence also

Doreen
15-Apr-12, 18:32
My daughter did not need any thing tested when she went to perth uni but you do need a tv licence.

squidge
15-Apr-12, 18:47
My daughter did not need any thing tested when she went to perth uni but you do need a tv licence. Only if you have a tv = if you use your laptop and watch iplayer or dvds through your laptop do you need one?

gollach
15-Apr-12, 19:01
You need a TV licence if you view TV programmes at the same time as they are being broadcast. You do not need one to watch on something like BBC iPlayer after the programme has been transmitted.

david
15-Apr-12, 19:49
If you are going to university or college this year be sure to get all of your electrical appliances PAT Tested before you go.
All electrical appliances should be tested once a year and this includes things like straighteners,TV,Games consoles,Hairdryers,Phone chargers etc.
Drop me and E-Mail and I will give you a realistic and instant quote. I Can arrange call out to do it at your house or you can arrange a time which is good for you to have it done in my workshop

If you are interested please feel free to give me a buzz or drop me an E-Mail

M: 07933048427
E: chris@caithnesssoundandlight.eu
W: www.caithnesssoundandlight.eu (http://www.caithnesssoundandlight.eu)

Seems to me that you are looking for a job-this is not allowed on this forum unless you are young and can't spell.

gerry4
15-Apr-12, 20:03
If you watch 'live' or record TV via your laptop, PC, etc you need a licence

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/playing_tv_progs/tvlicence

Dadie
15-Apr-12, 22:11
Some stuff PAT tested is fine for 5 years as long as the usual pre /post use checks are carried out!So why are you quoting only 1year for students?