PDA

View Full Version : Best gas company

gravedigga
10-Jan-05, 22:50
I've recently moved house and my new house has gas, at the moment we're paying about £15 a week to heat a 3 bedroom house and this is through British Gas. Was just wondering if anyone could tell me whehther that was reasonable or where i could get it cheaper??

Someone mentioned the Hydro were cheaper

dragonfly
10-Jan-05, 23:22
we're with Scottish Power and chose to pay £75 a month (£20 a week) for combined electricity/gas bill and have not had to pay any extra and we're always in credit and we have a 4 bedroom house. If £15 is just purely for gas then I would say it was on the high side. Ususally gas is cheaper from an electricity supplier and viceversa

Colin Manson
10-Jan-05, 23:48
Just go here and fill out the form for Gas and Electricity - http://www.uswitch.com

I just switched again, was with the Hydro Electric for Gas and Scottish Gas for Electric.

New gas and electricity supplier: London Energy saving £80 per year.

It took me less than 5 minutes to fill in the form and enter my bank details. Now I just sit back and wait.

Cheers
Colin

katarina
11-Jan-05, 12:30
I get my gas from hydro-electric and my electric from Scottish gas. they seemed to be the best deals individually. Maybe I would be cheaoper getting a combined package. Any idea which is best?