PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Handbag.

Corrie 3
13-Apr-12, 16:33
I dont know if the owner of an handbag which was left on a trolley in Tesco at Wick today will read this but just hope that you are re-united with the handbag.
I found it left on the trolley, tried to find you but failed so I left it with a Lady at the Customer Service desk!

C3.............:(

pat
13-Apr-12, 22:05
Thanks for being so honest.
I found a handbag in a trolley 3 weeks ago, before taking it into store had asked all around if they knew who had left handbag - handed it to the person at the CSD/cigarette counter, as I was saying where I had found it this female older person came up and grabbed it but luckily the person at the desk had the purse and was able to ask name etc before handing purse over. Person on desk said I was person who handed it to CSD and I got a dirty look, no thanks or acknowledgement. This lady was furious I had dared take her bag into the store for safety?
I know the CSD person fairly well and we were able to have a chuckle about the manners of some people and their strange behaviour - reason I did take it into store was I could see purse had quite a large stash of paper money clearly visible as purse was at the top of the bag.
Hope the person is grateful for the return of the bag.

Fran
14-Apr-12, 12:23
You would have thought the woman was so grateful she would have given you a reward there and then. There are not many honest people around and she should have been grateful an honest person found it or she would never have seen the bag again.
I found a bag in the Lidll car park sometime ago and took it to the policestation as there were wads of money in it. The police came to my door the folowing week and said the bag belonged to a farmers wife who had just collected thousands of pounds from the cattle mart for the sale of their sheep. They then handed me my reward of £5!!!!!!

Corrie 3
14-Apr-12, 13:08
I must admit that my actions yesterday worried me. I was putting my trust in the Tesco employee, she could easily have taken out any cash and cards and then when it was re-claimed stated that it was me that had taken the cash and cards.
I think I really should have either taken it to the Police or asked for a receipt of some kind from Tesco. When I asked if they needed my name and address she said no that wouldn't be necessary!!!
It is still worrying me today and I am feeling guilty thinking that the employee could be dishonest!!
I really don't like being in this position and that is why I posted on here in the hope that the bag was re-united with it's owner!
I don't want any reward, just peace of mind!!

C3............:(:(

ducati
14-Apr-12, 17:39
I must admit that my actions yesterday worried me. I was putting my trust in the Tesco employee, she could easily have taken out any cash and cards and then when it was re-claimed stated that it was me that had taken the cash and cards.
I think I really should have either taken it to the Police or asked for a receipt of some kind from Tesco. When I asked if they needed my name and address she said no that wouldn't be necessary!!!
It is still worrying me today and I am feeling guilty thinking that the employee could be dishonest!!
I really don't like being in this position and that is why I posted on here in the hope that the bag was re-united with it's owner!
I don't want any reward, just peace of mind!!

C3............:(:(

I'm sure if any Tesco employee reads that it will make their day. :roll:

Corrie 3
14-Apr-12, 18:20
I'm sure if any Tesco employee reads that it will make their day. :roll:
As I said Duke, I feel guilty at thinking that but I used to trust everyone I met until I got rolled over a few times, now I am more wary.
Do you trust every stranger you meet?

C3.............:eek: