PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Scam- Police Magazine.

LPCOGIE
13-Apr-12, 16:10
This morning I received a phone call from a "private number" offering business advertising space in a Northern Police Publication. I know this apparent scam has been on the go before, but just wanted to warn other business owners incase you arent aware. They are very plausible, and persistent, as I have had about twenty further missed calls today, presumably from them trying to get payment details etc. They had obviously found my business advert in another publication, as they had all the details in front of them and reeled it back to me. Do not be scammed!!!

Tilly Teckel
13-Apr-12, 16:53
They're also using the excuse of a publication by 'Foresters' for a children's charity. They really are plausible but gave themselves away by not knowing the area and being vague when questioned.

shamrock2007
13-Apr-12, 20:02
Three different companies offering the same scam have been constantly calling me for three weeks now. They are so pushy. Surely they will take the hint before long

jings00
14-Apr-12, 14:45
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-17706457

BRIE
14-Apr-12, 15:11
This morning I received a phone call from a "private number" offering business advertising space in a Northern Police Publication. I know this apparent scam has been on the go before, but just wanted to warn other business owners incase you arent aware. They are very plausible, and persistent, as I have had about twenty further missed calls today, presumably from them trying to get payment details etc. They had obviously found my business advert in another publication, as they had all the details in front of them and reeled it back to me. Do not be scammed!!!

We had the same call a few weeks ago from a very persistent & very rude man! He rang several times & became increasingly ruder the more he rang.

Bazeye
15-Apr-12, 01:44
Just give them a blast of the Acme Thunderer. Either that or feign a heart attack while youre talking to them. depends what mood youre in really and whether your teas ready or not. btw I dont condone such........ etc (cont. on p 94)