PDA

View Full Version : Geise farm/walk

missmillie
12-Apr-12, 11:16
I was wondering if anyone could help, I am trying to find out who owns the walk at the back of Geise farm to the waterfall. I am looking to find out if you are allowed to go into the field with the old distillery in it. I have a couple who love the walk and would like their photoshoot within the grounds so I wanted to ask permission before we just went ahead. Thank you for any advice on this one.

Sage
12-Apr-12, 13:49
Is this the one?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Morag Miller
23-May-12, 16:33
Glad you enjoy this walk down by the burn at Geise Farm. It belongs to the farm owned by David & Morag Miller.
It started as one track to lead to Beat 1 of Thurso River and then we decided to come up the other side of the burn! The next year we went to the pond and then to the waterfall and finally away up to the Buckies boundary. So many people have enjoyed the peacefulness by the waterfall and we are so glad. We really just enhanced what nature had already provided. We've lost count of the number of tons of stones carted mainly by wheelbarrow. By all means have a photo by the distillery as long as you shut any gates that you open.:)

missmillie
24-May-12, 21:41
Thank you very much, I do love the walk and we brought the couple on their wedding day to do photographs but I will certainly be back to enjoy the mill too, I didn't like to just venture into the fields so thank you again for your help :)

grumpyhippo
25-May-12, 19:41
David and Morag have created a peaceful haven, well done (please don't tell too many people I hate crowds)

Moira
25-May-12, 21:36
Glad you enjoy this walk down by the burn at Geise Farm. It belongs to the farm owned by David & Morag Miller.
It started as one track to lead to Beat 1 of Thurso River and then we decided to come up the other side of the burn! The next year we went to the pond and then to the waterfall and finally away up to the Buckies boundary. So many people have enjoyed the peacefulness by the waterfall and we are so glad. We really just enhanced what nature had already provided. We've lost count of the number of tons of stones carted mainly by wheelbarrow. By all means have a photo by the distillery as long as you shut any gates that you open.:)

What a fabulous post. So much effort on your part with no expectation in return, other than folk enjoy the walk and the scenery. A true Caithness welcome indeed, well done. :)

scoobyc
25-May-12, 22:50
Another thank you here for David and Morag, their efforts are greatly appreciated :)

secrets in symmetry
25-May-12, 23:06

What a fabulous post. So much effort on your part with no expectation in return, other than folk enjoy the walk and the scenery. A true Caithness welcome indeed, well done. :)
I concur. :cool:

This is what our county is all about.

Alrock
10-Nov-20, 19:42
Always meant to check it out but have been told that it is apparently fenced off now to prevent access.