PDA

View Full Version : Police station in Inverness

Fran
15-Nov-06, 02:58
What a ridiculous place for the one and only police station in Inverness.Although it is next to the college, you have to go down the main one way road to go up the other one way main road to get into the industrial estate to get to the police station.It takes a while in a car but what a long walk to get to it from the main centre of Inverness.
It is unbelieavable that this is the only police station in the city to cover such a vast area.

Metalattakk
15-Nov-06, 03:35
Is it not up by the Raigmore Hospital? Bound to be a bus that goes pretty close to it from the town centre.

Even if you're walking it still doesn't take that long from the Eastgate Centre - straight up Kingsmills Road, onto Culcabock Road and that takes you straight onto Old Perth Road. Hey presto...!

I make it 1.5km from the Eastgate. That's less than the distance from the Dunbar Hospital to the Royal Bank Of Scotland in Thurso.

gollach
15-Nov-06, 09:00
Is it not up by the Raigmore Hospital?

That's Northern Constabulary HQ, not the police station.

hobbes1962
15-Nov-06, 09:16
Do you know that there is a tunnel under the road near just at the end of the bit where Royal Mail keep all their vans. This takes you out just at the Police Station.

hobbes1962
15-Nov-06, 09:18
Is there not still that big police box (sort of Dr Who style) in the precinct in Inverness near to the Eastgate Centre? If you go in there and pick up the handset you get straight through to Inverness Police Station. I've not been to that part of Inverness for about a year so not sure if its still there.

Metalattakk
15-Nov-06, 13:45
That's Northern Constabulary HQ, not the police station.

Ah right. My mistake then, sorry.

Can anyone provide an internet link to the Inverness Police Station then please?

Fran
17-Nov-06, 03:06
The police cubicle in the Inverness prescint was removed as the police say it was abused. An internet link to the Inverness police station would just be Inverness police.The one and only police station is in an industrial estate and not signposted. the police admit it is very hard to find for strangers.It would be a long walk from the shopping centre and difficult to find by car.