PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary

Birons
11-Apr-12, 10:10
Its been a year today that we opened our ironmongers shop in Bridge Street, Wick. :Razz.

I would like to thank all that have supported us throughout the year and look forward to the year ahead.

www.birons.co.uk (http://www.birons.co.uk)

Garnet
11-Apr-12, 12:18
Happy anniversary 'Birons' and well done Kevin it's good to see an Ironmongers back again. G ;)

Corrie 3
11-Apr-12, 12:40
Well that year has flown by hasn't it?
If I may say so Biron's is one of the best shops in Wick and I am so pleased it is doing so well!!
Well done for all the hard work and initiative!!

C3...............:)

Tilly Teckel
11-Apr-12, 13:26
Happy anniversary! Well done to you both - the shop's a credit to you.

Liz
11-Apr-12, 13:31
Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more years. :)

pat
11-Apr-12, 14:05
Happy 1st Anniversary and hope there will be many more years of happy trading, best wishes for the future.

pmcd
11-Apr-12, 14:58
It's so good to be able to walk into a shop and describe what you want "oh it's a twiddly bit of brass on a plate but just off the wall with two holes one for a screw to go into the wood and the other for another screw to go in the wall and the plaque is 18 inches long and it needs to be able to take a fairly hefty weight even though its small and have you got two of them" -

And you look up, and there's the Boyo, with the exact bit of kit you wanted in his hand.

It's cosy, it's lovely, it's an Aladdin's Cave, a real treasure house of delights - it took me two sessions to get the hang of how much is in there, and several sessions on the internet to find out what some of the stranger items actually do. But I'm learning.

Thanks, Biron's for showing how it's done!

Hoida
11-Apr-12, 15:40
Happy anniversary, keep up the good workx

poppett
11-Apr-12, 16:28
Congratulations, your shop is a credit to you and fairly cheers up Bridge Street.

Iffy
11-Apr-12, 16:39
All the very best to you for a very long and successful time in Bridge Street, Wick !
Lovely, very friendly and also welcoming owners!

badger
11-Apr-12, 16:57
Excellent shop - many congratulations. May you be there for many years to come. We need more shops like yours.

Moira
11-Apr-12, 21:19
It's so good to be able to walk into a shop and describe what you want "oh it's a twiddly bit of brass on a plate but just off the wall with two holes one for a screw to go into the wood and the other for another screw to go in the wall and the plaque is 18 inches long and it needs to be able to take a fairly hefty weight even though its small and have you got two of them" -

And you look up, and there's the Boyo, with the exact bit of kit you wanted in his hand.

It's cosy, it's lovely, it's an Aladdin's Cave, a real treasure house of delights - it took me two sessions to get the hang of how much is in there, and several sessions on the internet to find out what some of the stranger items actually do. But I'm learning.

Thanks, Biron's for showing how it's done!

I would like to endorse what pmcd said while adding a few embellishments of my own.

My neighbours would like to thank you for providing "them curtain hooky things, kinda like question marks". This means our bedroom curtains hang straight on the windows again and our neighbours don't have nightmares.

My vegetables are delighted at feeling less pain. The only downside is that I have to count my fingers after every time I use the high quality and reasonably priced vegetable peeler. I can only count to 8 so all is well so far.

I love the display of your wares on the pavement outside the shop.

Congratulations & very best wishes to Birons

(I must admit I have a fancy for the security guy, he's so laid back.)

Dadie
11-Apr-12, 21:26
I just love the way the "boss" has his comfy lounging area beside the heater:D
And I have a little girl who loves the pink wheelbarrow!
Must have a look at the peelers next time im in ...I like the straight ones that swivel...not the ones shaped like a Y with the blade at the top...oh and a thing for the plug in the bathroom sink to keep the chain attached to the sink so my plug stops walking!

Torvaig
12-Apr-12, 00:37
I have to admit to not being a very good customer at Birons (I'm a woman, I don't know about these things) but I do call to have a word with the boss from time to time, even though he is usually lying asleep in his corner. He does do me the courtesy of opening one eye to see who is bothering him now and then goes back to sleep!

Congratulations to "Mr & Mrs Birons", you have a wonderful shop and make a visit there a good experience!

Birons
12-Apr-12, 11:59
Thank you all for your encouraging remarks, I didn't realise that so many orgers had used the shop. Please introduce yourself next time your in, it's nice to put a face to a name.

BO-PEEP
12-Apr-12, 12:08
Well Done ! You deserve it,always very helpful,and have always gone the extra mile to get things in you dont have in stock.

CARRY ON THE FANTASTIC WORK