PDA

View Full Version : Alert! Norfrost Planning Application Date

Tubthumper
14-Nov-06, 23:27
I have just noticed that the recorded delivery notifying me of Norfrost Ltd's proposal to build a housing/office/retail development at the East of Stanergill & North of Harland, Castletown was dated 20/10/06, with a 14 day deadline for objections! That means the notice was 22 days old by the time I received it!
Anyone know if this means that I can't object?
Is the postal service that bad? Or is it an indication that Mr Grant is up to his old planning application tricks again?

dozy
14-Nov-06, 23:43
Whatever give you the idea that the whole thing wasn't already cut and dried (i think the record letter was a hint).These people do what they do because they can get away with it ,its the old National Hip Bank at it again ...and again ...and again ...Dont make to many waves or you'll find yourself out in the cold ...The people with the power dont like it when the lights are pointed at them ....

Tubthumper
14-Nov-06, 23:49
Whatever give you the idea that the whole thing wasn't already cut and dried (i think the record letter was a hint).These people do what they do because they can get away with it ,its the old National Hip Bank at it again ...and again ...and again ...Dont make to many waves or you'll find yourself out in the cold ...The people with the power dont like it when the lights are pointed at them ....
Cheers for the advice Dozy. Silly, naiive me, Dounreay issues are up for debate, teenage pregnancy and petrol prices are rightly up there at the top of the tree, but our own local rogues??
Should I use another title for this thread? The orgers seem to be avoiding it like the plague, I might be missing something important and thus being left out in the cold indeed... maybe Pat's put a hex on me?? LOL

Buttercup
15-Nov-06, 00:27
quote: The orgers seem to be avoiding it like the plague

Ever thought that maybe the orgers just aren't interested in it and that 3 threads about it is enough to put anyone off? :roll:

WeeBurd
15-Nov-06, 00:39
Ever thought that maybe the orgers just aren't interested in it and that 3 threads about it is enough to put anyone off?

[lol] Well said Buttercup, if people want to comment, they will. Personally, I dinna give a hoot!

Metalattakk
15-Nov-06, 01:56
If only you'd listened to your own advice.

Hold on, wait! There's a story about some poor dead fluffy animal over there---->

Quick! Run like the wind....all may not be lost yet!

Metalattakk
15-Nov-06, 01:59
I have just noticed that the recorded delivery notifying me of Norfrost Ltd's proposal to build a housing/office/retail development at the East of Stanergill & North of Harland, Castletown was dated 20/10/06, with a 14 day deadline for objections! That means the notice was 22 days old by the time I received it!
Is the postal service that bad? Or is it an indication that Mr Grant is up to his old planning application tricks again?

I think you're going to have to trust your instincts here, mate.

I could easily agree that you've been turned over and royally shafted, but then I'd leave myself open to all sorts of accusations on here. You know what these people are like. ;)

The_man_from_del_monte
15-Nov-06, 01:59
is it an indication that Mr Grant is up to his old planning application tricks again?

Seems to me it's an indication that a modicum of sanity is still in operation up here. I detest progress in any form.

JAWS
15-Nov-06, 04:10
If the letter is by Recorded Delivery then the Royal Mail will have details of where and when it was posted.

henry20
15-Nov-06, 09:01
No they won't Jaws, thats only the case with Special Delivery. Recorded is only mainstream post, but requires a signature on delivery.

gollach
15-Nov-06, 09:02

Contact the planning office in Wick. I have a feeling that you have 14 days from the date that the letter arrives.

cuddlepop
15-Nov-06, 12:00
tubthumper whats the date on the post mark?.It could be from that date you have your 14days to object.
Go onto the Highland Council website and that should give you the information to work out how objection time is calculated.
I'm not ignoreing your thread but as I dont live there its not fair to comment.
But people who have been made bankrupt in the past have this nack of rising from the ashes;)

scrapydoo
15-Nov-06, 12:54
No one really cares, we all have our own lives to live. What's your problem with the Grant's anyway? so what if there bankrupt, not exactly the crime of the century is it. Let them have a second chance, you seem to have a gripe with people who try again.[disgust]
lol, maybe your recorded delivery was held back on purpose because they knew you were such a misery guts.[lol]

Piglet
15-Nov-06, 14:11
Just send in your objection anyway - if it counts it counts.

painter
15-Nov-06, 19:04
are the Grants still involved in norfrost ?

pedromcgrory
15-Nov-06, 19:27
no definatley not even ian alex brother got paid off months back when nicholsons got contract for engineering problems etc

JAWS
16-Nov-06, 12:38
No they won't Jaws, thats only the case with Special Delivery. Recorded is only mainstream post, but requires a signature on delivery.
If you fill in the form at http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump3?catId=400144&mediaId=15400382 there will be a record at the Originating Post Office. The system uses a bar codes and part if the docket you fill in with the details is retained by the Post Office.

There is also a Phone Number for making complaints about Postal Deliveries.
I'm sure that once the circumstances have been explained they will do their best to help.

henry20
16-Nov-06, 12:54
Once again Jaws, Barcodes are only recorded for Special Delivery not Recorded Delivery. The only indication of when a recorded delivery item was posted would be if a postage label was printed rather than using stamps. Other than that, the only person with the date of postage would be the sender.

I have just processed a recorded delivery on my post office system and no barcode was required. It is only the delivery that is recorded I'm afraid.

JAWS
16-Nov-06, 13:30
I take it they don't get a postmark either.

henry20
16-Nov-06, 14:06
A postmark only indicates when they are processed through the sorting office and a record would not be held in the originating post office as you stated. As I said in my previous post, the only ways of knowing the actual date of postage on a recorded delivery is if a postage label was used - it indicates post office & date - or by looking at the customer receipt which would be date stamped.

Yes, the postmark is a good indication, but many aren't legible and as just stated, only indicate when it was processed at the sorting office.

weeboyagee
16-Nov-06, 18:31
What is it with this forum at times??

If people are to be referred to on this site (and only if they HAVE to be refferred to) then can't we have the decency to do it in third party context with the third party "they", "that person" or such like?? I find the whole game of naming people personally on here very annoying. We may agree or not agree with the post but for goodness sake does Ian the brother of Alex really want the org to be broadcasting the happenings of his personal life and more to the point - is it really acceptable?

I think not. Nothing but a line of sheer and utter gossip mongering - something which Caithness in general is renowned for - unfortunately. Show the world that Caithness can debate, discuss and deliberate over more than what you would yap about over a local shop counter! :mad:

WBG :cool:

JAWS
17-Nov-06, 05:18
Henry20, I have made several suggestion which may or may not work concerning discovering the date a Recorded Delivery letter was posted. You could well be right, none of them may work and, yes, I had mistaken Recorded for Special Delivery.

One thing I am sure of though is that if no effort is made to discover such information then I am inclined to conclude that it's a matter of not wanting to enquire too closely in case the answer is not a convenient one. If the reason for complaining is removed then there is no reason to persist in continuing to complain.

There have also been other suggestions made as to how a start could be made to resolve the supposed problem but it would seem that there is no wish to do so.
From that I would assume that the intention is not to discover information but simply to manufacture a picture of some sort of imaginary chicanery about which to make a fuss.