PDA

View Full Version : help please

veekay
14-Nov-06, 18:09
Red material got into my white wash now the boys high school polo shirts are a pretty shade of pink ( not impressed I think he said) can anyone out there tellme how to get them white again

Thank you

unicorn
14-Nov-06, 18:27
put them back in the machine with a bit of bleach , well a good squirt,(only the whites) and your usual powder and conditioner, it works for me :)

molly
14-Nov-06, 18:37
Hi, I have used varnish in the past. for colour dye running in clothes and for stubborn marks. you have to steep it first, then wash it as normal.

paris
14-Nov-06, 18:39
put them back in the machine with a bit of bleach , well a good squirt,(only the whites) and your usual powder and conditioner, it works for me :)
Must admit ive had many disasters like that aswell and yes unicorn what you recommend works. jan x

unicorn
14-Nov-06, 19:32
Hi, I have used varnish in the past. for colour dye running in clothes and for stubborn marks. you have to steep it first, then wash it as normal.

I hope you mean vanish :)

danc1ngwitch
14-Nov-06, 20:04

Varnish ?? really this works ?? wow good tip

Billy Boy
14-Nov-06, 20:08
Varnish ?? really this works ?? wow good tip

it's not varnish lol:eek: it's vanish, unless you want a shiney top [lol]

Whitewater
14-Nov-06, 20:21
Red material got into my white wash now the boys high school polo shirts are a pretty shade of pink ( not impressed I think he said) can anyone out there tellme how to get them white again

Thank you

Have the same problem, left some red raffle tickets in the shirt pocket, what a mess, will have to try some of the remedies.

"Veekay", thanks for the question, and all the others for the remedies.

mums angels
14-Nov-06, 20:38
I use glo white - It brings white back..it works for me (little blue box from somerfeild) I usually buy colour catcher too so that i can avoid it happening in the first place , maybe get some for next time - good luck (with the boys)

Malcolmdog
14-Nov-06, 22:48
Take them to a Dry Cleaners. They can remove any stains. My sons' white school golf shirts were slowly turning orange due to the iron content of our water. The Dry cleaners were able to reverse the damage.

veekay
15-Nov-06, 13:22
Thanks everyone I will give them (one if not all) a go.