PDA

View Full Version : Sex Offenders !

Corrie 3
09-Apr-12, 17:38
Ok, so we have 19 sex offenders living in the County......... http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/19-sex-offenders-live-in-county-05042012.htm

If the news was left at that I am sure everyone wouldn't worry too much!
But when they break it down into area's like they have.......... 10 in Thurso, 7 in Wick and one each in Lybster and Dunbeath it makes you start to wonder. Ok, the Wick and Thurso ones might be able to mingle with the locals and not get found out but the one each in Lybster and Dunbeath worries me because in a small places like those news (and false rumours) soon gets around.
So what am I getting at? I have no time for sex offenders at all but it worries me that by printing the figures someone may take it upon themselves to start a vigilante movement and get the wrong person.
What are your views on breaking down the figures into smaller area's? A good idea or not?

C3......................:eek:

AliciaMackinnon
09-Apr-12, 17:45
personally I don't see why they shouldn't be named and shamed... I think by time you do something like that, they shouldn't be given a new name at all. I think they should
be locked up and the key thrown away just like murder... because the person they have committed the crime on probably thinks they would be better off not being here so its just like murder... they will never be able to erase the memory and yet the offender gets a whole new life? I think that's wrong!

Yon Chiel
09-Apr-12, 18:03
personally I don't see why they shouldn't be named and shamed... I think by time you do something like that, they shouldn't be given a new name at all. I think they should
be locked up and the key thrown away just like murder

Let's see now...a 16 year male who is convicted of having consenting sexual intercourse with a 15-and-a-half year old female will be put on the sex offenders register and therefore could well be one of the 19 (or all of the 19) on the list. Is your extremist Daily Mail reader type attitude still relevant now ?

billmoseley
09-Apr-12, 18:07
Let's see now...a 16 year male who is convicted of having consenting sexual intercourse with a 15-and-a-half year old female will be put on the sex offenders register and therefore could well be one of the 19 (or all of the 19) on the list. Is your extremist Daily Mail reader type attitude still relevant now ? no he wouldn't that sort of thing is taken into consideration otherwise so many more would be on it. yes name them but then you have to stay with in the law when you find out who they are.

AliciaMackinnon
09-Apr-12, 18:10
Let's see now...a 16 year male who is convicted of having consenting sexual intercourse with a 15-and-a-half year old female will be put on the sex offenders register and therefore could well be one of the 19 (or all of the 19) on the list. Is your extremist Daily Mail reader type attitude still relevant now ?

Im sorry I didnt put that in I ment for the people who had done it intentionally not just through the case of two consenting people, I meant no harm as I wrote but in the case of the above then no harm done as long as proof of consent was taken from both partners the lads should never be put on the register.

Dadie
09-Apr-12, 18:11
19 that have been found and convicted and released.
There will be more that we do not know about......
That are under the radar.

lisagrace
09-Apr-12, 18:30
I agree that it shouldn't of been broken down like that, I know of 3 in Thurso (two were for underage sex with their partners and one was for mooning), I would not consider these people to be a risk to my children. It wouldn't be hard to work out the rest if you wanted to, i'm sure a couple of cases have been in the local paper and yes this could incite problems for a lot of people. I do however advocate knowing if your children are at risk from a paedophile, as many of their parents are rightly campaigning for. Perhaps the register should be ammended to highlight people that are at risk of re-offending or crimes involving children (as opposed to a 15 year old) but obviously this is such a difficult thing to tackle and control

rich62_uk
09-Apr-12, 18:38
I would like to know exactly who they are and where they are, however I am mature enough to not take matters into my own hands and anyone who does should face the law. Children should be protected, how can we protect them if we do not know who they are ? I am not talking about the 16 year old who had sex with his 15 year old girlfriend and I think we all know exactly who we are talking about, its the child molesters the perverts who molest children.

mi16
09-Apr-12, 18:44

And this comes from a person who wants motorists imprisioned for spinning their wheels.

Corrie 3
09-Apr-12, 19:12
My own view is that it should not have been broken down, I think it causes suspicion in such small places as Lybster and Dunbeath. I could see anyone new coming into these villages as being under suspicion and at risk of being assaulted especially after a heavy night on the drams by a certain few!
I think I would have been happier just knowing that there are 19 in Caithness as a whole!!!

C3.................:eek:

focusRS
09-Apr-12, 19:31
I remember reading about the Dunbeath offender in the local paper. That was the lad that broke into a house and ejaculated on a piece of underwear he found in a young womans bedroom. He is known to everyone that read the paper that day and he is known by near everyone in Dunbeath and to the best of my knowledge has not been accosted by any locals that have been on a heavy night of drams.

billmoseley
09-Apr-12, 20:44
the people i don't think should be named are people who are questioned about a sexual offence or charged. they should only be named when found guilty. Because once you have been tarred with a sexual offence matter it always sticks guilty or not

Angel
09-Apr-12, 20:48
Maybe if such offenders should be graded into categories similar to the drugs system. Cat A being worse down to Cat E being least!
Just a thought!

Angel...

weezer 316
09-Apr-12, 21:27
Jesus goddamn christ almighty! I think i agree with corrie!

Shoot me now.........please

Angel
09-Apr-12, 22:15
Oh Heck... there is no hope weezer....

Angel...

AliciaMackinnon
09-Apr-12, 22:40
Maybe if such offenders should be graded into categories similar to the drugs system. Cat A being worse down to Cat E being least!
Just a thought!

Angel...

this is an idea I like!!!!

lisagrace
09-Apr-12, 23:01
i think maybe the current system should be done away with as I think most people would agree there are plenty cases of people being placed on it who they wouldn't actually consider a threat but are being left with this stigma for the rest of their lives and being associated with paedophiles, surely this system is also in a way protecting actual paedophiles as the list is being diluted and they can hide amongst what I would consider fairly innocent people, I think an outright 'paedophile register' would be more successful in protecting children (and no I don't really care about their safety if information was released)

mi16
09-Apr-12, 23:05
i think maybe the current system should be done away with as I think most people would agree there are plenty cases of people being placed on it who they wouldn't actually consider a threat but are being left with this stigma for the rest of their lives and being associated with paedophiles, surely this system is also in a way protecting actual paedophiles as the list is being diluted and they can hide amongst what I would consider fairly innocent people, I think an outright 'paedophile register' would be more successful in protecting children (and no I don't really care about their safety if information was released)

Where would the line be drawn between a peadophile and a sex offender?

lisagrace
09-Apr-12, 23:17
Where would the line be drawn between a peadophile and a sex offender?
I know, i said in my earlier post it is such a difficult and emotive subject but I really think the people mentioned earlier in the post have been unfairly labelled for life and people do automatically assume if your on the register its because of children. I think if a 15 year old girl says she wanted to have sex with her 16 year old boyfriend he should not be placed on it, it will taint the rest of his life. I'm not interested in the slightest if a 16 year old nympho lives next door to me but i would be if a sexual predator was, I just think it has been taken out of context and i'm sure its not what the parents of abused children would want. I think it would be possible to identify a paedophile through pyschological assessments and if the child was pre-puberescent but then as you say there is a very grey area in between for example if it was a 30 year old man and a 15 year old girl.
And as a side issue, what about rapists? why are they not considered a 'sex offender'

mi16
09-Apr-12, 23:31
are they not?
that beggars belief

lisagrace
09-Apr-12, 23:35
are they not?
that beggars belief
no because the register is intended purely to protect children which is why i think the association of having underage sex is unfair but its something you could debate forever and never come up with the right answer

focusRS
09-Apr-12, 23:36
Convicted rapists are indeed on the register.

lisagrace
09-Apr-12, 23:40
no because the register is intended purely to protect children which is why i think the association of having underage sex is unfair but its something you could debate forever and never come up with the right answer
sorry that is wrong i looked it up and it does include offences against adults but i know of a rapist who is not on it so i don't understand that

focusRS
09-Apr-12, 23:46
If they no longer pose a threat to the general public then rapists and beasts can get their names removed from the list.
Ridiculous i think you will agree but thats the country we live in.
I say use them as speed bumps at the Norseman carpark.

Buttercup
10-Apr-12, 23:00
Re the 16 year old having sex with his 15 year old girlfriend - isn't a 15 year old still a child in the eyes of the law? Also,assuming he was sensible/sober enough to be sure she was consensual, why didn’t he consider her age and the fact that he was breaking the law?

mi16
10-Apr-12, 23:16
Re the 16 year old having sex with his 15 year old girlfriend - isn't a 15 year old still a child in the eyes of the law? Also,assuming he was sensible/sober enough to be sure she was consensual, why didn’t he consider her age and the fact that he was breaking the law?

Precisely, what if the 16 year old boy was a 50 year old man, would that still be OK in some folks eyes?

rich62_uk
10-Apr-12, 23:24
Unfortunately 15 year olds now are not the same as 15 year olds 40 years ago. They are far more mature and although its not right and I dont agree we cant bury our heads in the sand and put all the blame on a 16 year old boy for having sex with his 15 year old girlfriend. If however he was 18 then I would draw a line as at 18 they are mature enough to know its wrong and should be punished. However each case should be looked at individually not all grouped together. I was abused from 12 through to 15 my abuser admitted the abuse took place at the age of 15 but not before, he said we was 'having an affair'... In the eyes of the law that left him innocent and he got off without even a tap on the hand. You cant blame the police as they have to work within the laws they are given. Its the laws that need to be changed.

Buttercup
10-Apr-12, 23:54
Sorry, but if you don't want to do the time don't do the crime. If he's mature enough to do the act he should've shown a bit of maturity and respect towards his girlfriend and called a halt to proceedings. If a male doesn't want to have sex there's not much the female can do. A case of bodily maturity not true/mental maturity. But then unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.

mi16
11-Apr-12, 00:00
Sorry, but if you don't want to do the time don't do the crime. If he's mature enough to do the act he should've shown a bit of maturity and respect towards his girlfriend and called a halt to proceedings. If a male doesn't want to have sex there's not much the female can do. A case of bodily maturity not true/mental maturity. But then unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.

and vice versa may I add for all those cougars out there!

RecQuery
11-Apr-12, 07:54

Yeah, this is a dangerous opinion that leads to female-on-male paedophilia, domestic violence and rape not being reported or dismissed. I'm surprised women are okay with feminists constantly portraying them as weak childlike victims that need to be protected.

Buttercup
11-Apr-12, 10:20
Yeah, this is a dangerous opinion that leads to female-on-male paedophilia, domestic violence and rape not being reported or dismissed. I'm surprised women are okay with feminists constantly portraying them as weak childlike victims that need to be protected.
Please explain.

RecQuery
11-Apr-12, 10:36
Please explain.

I would have though it pretty straight forward, your implication that men are always the aggressors and women are always the victims.

Are we really saying that there's a magic switch that gets toggled on your 16th birthday: now you're an adult go out into the world. On a side note lots of countries in Europe set the age of consent between 13 and 15.

Buttercup
11-Apr-12, 10:51
I would have though it pretty straight forward, your implication that men are always the aggressors and women are always the victims.

Are we really saying that there's a magic switch that gets toggled on your 16th birthday: now you're an adult go out into the world. On a side note lots of countries in Europe set the age of consent between 13 and 15.
No, I'm not saying that men are always the aggressors and women always the victims. If you had read my first post I was talking about the 15 & 16 year olds mentioned earlier in this thread and of course I'm not ignorant enough to think there's a "magic switch" at 16. All I was saying was that as the "adult" the 16 year old should've shown his maturity over the 15 year old who is still considered to be a child in the eyes of the law in this country.

RecQuery
11-Apr-12, 12:08
No, I'm not saying that men are always the aggressors and women always the victims. If you had read my first post I was talking about the 15 & 16 year olds mentioned earlier in this thread and of course I'm not ignorant enough to think there's a "magic switch" at 16. All I was saying was that as the "adult" the 16 year old should've shown his maturity over the 15 year old who is still considered to be a child in the eyes of the law in this country.

Ah right okay, my bad. Though with only a years difference in age if that they're probably similar in actual maturity. I mean of course legally the 16 year old is responsible but I'd consider it one of those grey areas.

billmoseley
11-Apr-12, 17:24
but at 16 he is not an adult. i'm not saying it's right either but i feel at 16 with all those hormones running riot this has to be taken into consideration. at 15 some of the girls seem to know exactly what they want and go out of there way to get it. kids up here are a lot better than kids down in england.

Maccy
11-Apr-12, 17:37
What ever body part they use to commit the offence should first be removed without anesthetic. Then locked away for life without prison protection. This way they will suffer for the rest of there life just as the person they committed the offence on will.

porshiepoo
11-Apr-12, 18:37
I live in Lybster and this thread has shocked me!
Not because there's a sex offender in Lybster but because there's only one!

My knee jerk reaction would be to house all sex offenders on an island, once it's full - bomb it! But it's not that B&W. there are situations that have already been mentioned on here whereby the 'sex offence' is relatively mild (not that that excuses it or makes it right!) and maybe death would be a tad extreme.
However those offenders that are rapists or adults that have sexually abused minors, well they're different. Castration by two house bricks would be preventative for rapists and amputation of the hands would deal with those molesters.
But I guess it's safe for me to say all that knowing that it would never ever come to pass. So I guess we'll carry on with a sex offenders list that does little more than worry parents when they find out there's a potential threat living in their little village and diddly squat they can do about it!

But what about those people that we know have carried out physical. mental or sexual abuse and have gotten away with it and carry on living their relatively normal, albeit sick, lives????

porshiepoo
11-Apr-12, 18:39
What ever body part they use to commit the offence should first be removed without anesthetic. Then locked away for life without prison protection. This way they will suffer for the rest of there life just as the person they committed the offence on will.

Hera hear!
I'll even help with the removal of whatever body part is to go!

RecQuery
11-Apr-12, 21:40
I live in Lybster and this thread has shocked me!
Not because there's a sex offender in Lybster but because there's only one!

My knee jerk reaction would be to house all sex offenders on an island, once it's full - bomb it! But it's not that B&W. there are situations that have already been mentioned on here whereby the 'sex offence' is relatively mild (not that that excuses it or makes it right!) and maybe death would be a tad extreme.
However those offenders that are rapists or adults that have sexually abused minors, well they're different. Castration by two house bricks would be preventative for rapists and amputation of the hands would deal with those molesters.
But I guess it's safe for me to say all that knowing that it would never ever come to pass. So I guess we'll carry on with a sex offenders list that does little more than worry parents when they find out there's a potential threat living in their little village and diddly squat they can do about it!

But what about those people that we know have carried out physical. mental or sexual abuse and have gotten away with it and carry on living their relatively normal, albeit sick, lives????

I don't know how many times I have to say this, justice is not supposed to be emotional or vengeful, that defeats the whole purpose of a legal system. We may as well just assemble into to mobs and start burning 'witches'.

Great(!), I now find myself in the odd position of wanting to defend sex offenders. You can be put on the sex offenders registry for such things as streaking, having sex in a public location and other relatively minor things. There's no differentiation. You never hear this statistic in the media but 1 in 3 rapes where they proceeded with charges turns out to be falsified, I mean only those where charges are filed if this wereexpanded to include reported rapes the number would be a lot higher, someone could potentially be convicted of rape without having committed any crime.

As a man in his 20s I'm more concerned about someone stealing my stuff or getting beat up, perhaps we should have a theft or violence person registry.

Dadie
11-Apr-12, 22:22
And about only 10% of real rapes are reported....as the victim doesnt want to go through the process of the police/court system.
I think that women who cry rape for attention seeking or vengance on an ex or the sheer hell of it are making things worse for the girls out there that have been through it.
Yes the age of consent differs per country and in each country you visit its always better to stick to the laws unless you really want to see the insides of there prison system.
Some of the countries with the lower consent ages have the worst prisons.....isnt that a good incentive to stick to the age of consent?

RecQuery
11-Apr-12, 23:05
And about only 10% of real rapes are reported....as the victim doesnt want to go through the process of the police/court system.
I think that women who cry rape for attention seeking or vengance on an ex or the sheer hell of it are making things worse for the girls out there that have been through it.
Yes the age of consent differs per country and in each country you visit its always better to stick to the laws unless you really want to see the insides of there prison system.
Some of the countries with the lower consent ages have the worst prisons.....isnt that a good incentive to stick to the age of consent?

I'd argue the rape statistics but I have no desire to fight the sisterhood and their propaganda tonight.

Regarding the age of consent I suppose it's just that the countries with lower ages of consent and better sex education seem to have lower rates of teenage pregnancy and STIs/STDs. I'm not saying it's causative or anything. I just don't think we should criminalise someone because their sexual partner happens to be a few months away from reaching the age of consent. Particularly when that partner could lie about their age etc.

Dadie
11-Apr-12, 23:58
It takes a lot to speak out against rape even if it is against partners ...no means no...and it can affect someone for the rest of their lives no matter what their age is , but , I believe the age thing is to do with protecting those unable to differenciate between love and pressure to do what they dont want or realise the concequences for.

RecQuery
12-Apr-12, 09:07
It takes a lot to speak out against rape even if it is against partners ...no means no...and it can affect someone for the rest of their lives no matter what their age is , but , I believe the age thing is to do with protecting those unable to differenciate between love and pressure to do what they dont want or realise the concequences for.

Lots of 'rapes' have been cases of the person regretting what they did the previous night and reporting rape or being pressured by friends for sleeping with someone so ugly/unpopular etc. Even more have been cases of couples getting in a fight, or the person being dumped or rejected. Perhaps sexual contracts are the way to go or you know we just don't go on a witch hunt and keep stuff out of the media until there is some actual evidence.

So what about the example of someone who has just turned 16 with a partner who will be 16 in a couple of months?

roadbowler
12-Apr-12, 12:53
dadie, I agree with what you say. The fbi in the US just released some statistics about false accusations of rape and the number is fairly staggering. There was also just a case in Wick concerning a false rape accusation. I would like to remind people that wrongful convictions also DO occur so things are not always as they appear and some justice systems are completely corrupt whether anyone wants to believe that or not. Frankly, it's not the people on the sex offender register people should be worried about as especially in a small place everyone usually knows who they are and sex offenders are monitored but, it's the ones that have never been caught. There is some fairly high up people in the north east of Scotland that have been implicated in being part of a paedophile ring as reported in the Press and Journal a few years ago and the man investigating the case is currently in prison for handing out leaflets in Aberdeen about the case as the media have now been given a gagging order about speaking about it and the victim is in hiding as they are being harassed and threatened. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Board paid the victim £13,500 eventhough no charges were ever brought against the people the victim claimed abused her for several years. Figure that one out.http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1604682/http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1488131http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1649525

mi16
12-Apr-12, 12:54
Snakes with breasts!

upolian
12-Apr-12, 13:09
After reading jail all boyracers and this thread,mi16 is the only person posting on this forum that is honest and does not troll,the rest of you...unbelievable!

Anfield
12-Apr-12, 14:24
".. There is some fairly high up people in the north east of Scotland that have been implicated in being part of a paedophile ring as reported in the Press and Journal a few years ago and the man investigating the case is currently in prison for handing out leaflets in Aberdeen about the case as the media have now been given a gagging order about speaking about it and the victim is in hiding as they are being harassed and threatened. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Board paid the victim £13,500 eventhough no charges were ever brought against the people the victim claimed abused her for several years. Figure that one.." out.http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1604682/http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1488131http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1649525

The link you posted does not appear to work, however further details of the Hollie Greig case that you are referring to can be found here (http://www.holliedemandsjustice.org/)

Mrs Bucket
12-Apr-12, 15:32
NO means NO this should be put across forcefully to boys in all sorts of advertising and men should know not to force themselves on women know I a few cases where sex has taken place against the womans will I think the label for it is date rape. Women should be encouraged to come forward when this happens to them and maybe the male the is unaware wha has taken place is RAPE.

mi16
12-Apr-12, 15:46
NO means NO this should be put across forcefully to boys in all sorts of advertising and men should know not to force themselves on women know I a few cases where sex has taken place against the womans will I think the label for it is date rape. Women should be encouraged to come forward when this happens to them and maybe the male the is unaware wha has taken place is RAPE.

You forgot to highlight girls and women also.

RecQuery
12-Apr-12, 16:14

You mean like this (http://falserapesociety.blogspot.co.uk/) and this (http://www.cotwa.info/). I would hope you're aware there are other forms of rape: female-on-female, male-on-male and female-on-male.

Also: NEEDS MOAR CAPS!!!!!!!

mi16
12-Apr-12, 16:16
You mean like this (http://falserapesociety.blogspot.co.uk/) and this (http://www.cotwa.info/). I would hope you're aware there are other forms of rape: female-on-female, male-on-male and female-on-male.

Also: NEEDS MOAR CAPS!!!!!!!

Not to mention the beastiality side of things.

gleeber
12-Apr-12, 18:52
Anyone suffering from the topic of this thread could try this link. Sometimes talking helps.
http://www.caithness.org/community/healthandwelfare/rapeandabuseline.htm

rich62_uk
12-Apr-12, 18:53
Personally I am talked out about it. But I think that its a VERY good idea to put this up thank you.

12-Apr-12, 22:30
Posts naming individuals have been removed.

Joboco
12-Apr-12, 22:58
What happened to an eye for an eye, and do to others before they do unto you. If they are convicted beyond doubt, do to them what they did to there victims end of story.

linnie612
12-Apr-12, 23:28
What happened to an eye for an eye, and do to others before they do unto you. If they are convicted beyond doubt, do to them what they did to there victims end of story.

Do unto others as you would have done unto you!

Dadie
13-Apr-12, 00:21
saying no and rape isnt just about girl and boy but encompasses girl on girl and boy on boy and anything else,,,if to bladdered to speak,,to bladdered to give consent...date rape etc as well...
I know a written consent form is a bit silly for sex...
but what about an unwritten check list for teens such as where the boundaries lie...if say no ..no means no ...no matter what has gone on beforehand ! and if the interest is bladdered to walk away before anything happpens its a good thing and they may be lucky the next time,,,,but rather the wait than a rape charge as the victim is incapabple of thought....

Dadie
13-Apr-12, 00:33
Ooops well of track now...
but if in dire straights
What would you choose if it meant a roof over your head or a cardboard box?
A tenament building with a known sex offender in or a tenament building with a sex offender that is under the radar in?
it is your choice and kids safety at risk...2years before you can move from either...

mi16
13-Apr-12, 08:53
As a parent, I would obviously rather know they were there than no know.
However many folk in the world are not level headed and we would have witch hunts on our hands should the names and addresses of known sex offenders become public.
Would you feel safe in you tenanment flat when the neighbours flat is ablaze because she is on the sex offenders register?

squidge
13-Apr-12, 09:34
All this stuff about sex offenders is all well and good but as parents it is our job to keep our children safe when they are little and equip them to keep themselves safe when they are older.

We should always know where our wee ones are, we should only be leaving them with people we know and trust. We can take steps to minimise risk for our little ones. For the older child we need to again make sure we create a rule where they tell us where they are going and who with... This should continue until they are grown up and leaving home. Creating rules for the time they come in and enforcing those will also help. We know if they are not back at their given time that something is wrong and can start looking immediately. Encouraging our children to tell if they are worried about stuff and not 'keep secrets' and giving them a list of people they can accept lifts from and equipping them with tools to say no if they are put in an awkward position.

For teenagers, we should be instilling into them a sense of their own worth. Helping them to manage their drinking so they dont become incoherent and out of control. We should be telling boys that no means no and not to have sex with a girl if she is under 16. In fact we should be telling our children they are not ALLOWED to have sex until they are at least 16. Sometimes we fail to forbid things that we should be forbidding cos its not fashionable but we are the Parents - its our job to set the rules.

Finally, our children at any age must know that if they find themselves in a situation which is out of control or scaring them that they can phone us and we will get them. Even if they have lied about where they are, even if its 5 am, even if they think they will be in trouble, they need to know that their safety comes before ANY of that. Its often implied but not spoken and we should absolutely make sure they KNOW that. It might just save them from something horrid.

Knowing about registered sex offenders only helps with a wee bit of what i have put here and yet Its always a big focus whenever its mentioned. Maybe it lulls us into a false sense of security when actually the biggest thing we can do to keep our kids safe is to help them be confident, assertive and secure.

mi16
13-Apr-12, 09:41
great post ^^^

zarapopet
13-Apr-12, 09:56
it is not so much the registered sex offender as they are monitored where ever they go its the ones whom arnt on the register that concerns me the most as if they havent been convicted due to lack of evidence due to historical case evidence is lost .20 years of abuse by my brother and father very highly respected people of the comunity people said never i known him so well ,but sorry u dont know what goes on behind a persons closed door ,we have to protect the kids they must know it could be anyone and that if they feel uncomfortable about a way someone has toched them to tell an adult weather it be mum dad uncle aunty school teacher ect.
we need to protect there innocence
i was robbed of my childhood ect and am determinded to protect others .

mi16
13-Apr-12, 10:03
The story of a Pediatrician who had to flee her home in fear as the local idiots confused Pediatrician with Peadophile and began a hate campaign, rings out loudly in my head whilst reading this thread.

RecQuery
13-Apr-12, 10:22
The story of a Pediatrician who had to flee her home in fear as the local idiots confused Pediatrician with Peadophile and began a hate campaign, rings out loudly in my head whilst reading this thread.

I'm reminded of the Paedofinder General (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Monkey_Dust_characters#The_Paedofinder_Gen eral) from Monkey Dust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCywGhHQMEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCywGhHQMEw

Forties
13-Apr-12, 17:43

Absolutely. It is important that allegations are reported to the police rather than people taking the law in to their own hands. False allegations or misunderstandings can lead to innocent people being attacked and even killed by vigilantes, for example:
"Mum and teenager locked up for vigilante killing of innocent man wrongly branded a paedophile "
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/03/30/mum-and-teenager-locked-up-for-vigilante-killing-of-innocent-man-wrongly-branded-a-paedophile-86908-23806339/

"Men jailed for 'sadistic' two-day attack in Inverness ... Three Inverness men have been jailed for carrying out a "sadistic" attack on a man wrongly accused of child abuse. ... ":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-12942450

beeboo
14-Apr-12, 20:01
This is a very touchy subject but i think angels comment that they should be catogrised is really good. A 16 yr old boy who has slept with their 15 yr old girlfriend shouldn't be tarred with the same brush as a peadophile. If the police were to name and shame people on the sex offenders list they would should tell you why they are on it. i personally would not feel threatened by the situation meanted earlier but would obv not allow my child near some who has been convicted of molesting children.

Yon Chiel
20-Apr-12, 17:35
So where does this case fit on your Offender Scale ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17781842

Corrie 3
20-Apr-12, 17:58
So where does this case fit on your Offender Scale ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17781842
In my view, if a Woman gets that drunk then stay well clear of her!!!!

C3................:eek::eek:

rich62_uk
20-Apr-12, 18:02
Well he has not abused a child so he is not a paedophile is he. As for naming and shaming him I don't see the need as this was not premeditated, and also not a serial offence. If he comes out of jail and does this again then yes people should be made aware of this if he is living near them.

Yon Chiel
20-Apr-12, 19:14
Well he has not abused a child so he is not a paedophile is he. As for naming and shaming him I don't see the need as this was not premeditated, and also not a serial offence. If he comes out of jail and does this again then yes people should be made aware of this if he is living near them.

If you're ever asked to do jury service, pretend you're out of the country. The level of confused logic is quite exceptional.

rich62_uk
20-Apr-12, 19:22
Makes sense to me so its defo you who has the problem lol.

Yon Chiel
20-Apr-12, 19:24
Makes sense to me

That's the alarming bit.

rich62_uk
20-Apr-12, 19:39
That's the alarming bit.

We all have a right to an opinion including you ...

Angel
21-Apr-12, 00:19
I think the only people qualified to grade offenders are the courts at the trial conclusion as they have all the facts of the case to make their decisions on whereas press etc are giving people what they think they want them to hear/see. So I feel one could not not categorise an offender based press or news etc.

Angel...

squidge
21-Apr-12, 00:45
Well he has not abused a child so he is not a paedophile is he. As for naming and shaming him I don't see the need as this was not premeditated, and also not a serial offence. If he comes out of jail and does this again then yes people should be made aware of this if he is living near them.Rape is rape. Whether her drink was spiked or whether this girl was so drunk that she could not give consent then this man had sex with herwithout her consent. That is rape. There are not good rapes and bad rapes, There is just rape and this man is a sex offender and should be on the sex offenders list. There is however a point to be made about girls taking responsibility for keeping themselves safe. We should be encouraging our girls NOT to drink til they are comatose and therefore vulnerable to sexual predators. Girls have to take responsibility for their own safety too. Thats a massively important lesson to teach our daughters but it does not excuse the behaviour of a man who has sex with a girl and doesnt care if she is too drunk to say no.

rich62_uk
21-Apr-12, 01:01
Show me where I said it was not rape ?

squidge
21-Apr-12, 07:25
You didnt, but you do appear to suggest that becaue it wasnt premeditated or a serial offence the man should not be named and shamed. I disagree...

rich62_uk
21-Apr-12, 09:39
Sorry I must not have explained myself as well as I could, what I was trying to suggest is that as with all things in life there are differing levels to a crime and in my humble opinion from the evidence so far this man appears less of a danger to society than say a serial paedophile that has been proven to have attacked 20 victims. And I do agree rape is rape and should never be tolerated in any form.

pat
21-Apr-12, 10:13
Rape is rape by whoever and should be dealt with accordingly.

Several years ago a pals brother was arrested and charged with rape, he was arrested in the early hours of the morning and dragged half dresssed from where he lived with his mother and brother, publicly named and shamed in the press as having been arrested following enquiries into a rape in ----- park.
It emerged the lady in question had consented but on going home and being confronted by her husband she made up the story of rape to cover the state of her clothes.
It is a small community, he is still called a rapist but as she was not named in the press and got off with a warning for wasting police time nobody knows or remembers about her but remembers his name and the alleged crime being in the papers.
I know this has severely impaired his life and the life of his entire family in the community, they will always be known as that is the rapists family members, nothing they can do about it.
Paedophiles are dealt with by the courts and sentenced, no vigilante action after sentence but if they reoffend branding is too good for them!!!

oldmarine
22-Apr-12, 17:33
Sex offenders are not worthy of living among our society, but neither are those who make false claims against innocent people.

John Little
22-Apr-12, 17:38
http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/Adrian-Wolfson.html

rich62_uk
22-Apr-12, 18:10
Truly a tragedy, I can give you loads on how children who were/are abused are left in the same state either as children or adults. So what is to be done ?

John Little
22-Apr-12, 18:31
Perhaps legislation that all sex offences are sub-judice until proven?

Dorrie
23-Apr-12, 08:23
The thing is, not all sex offenders are child molesters or rapists, some have had a really stressful time and may be elderly and the stress of it all has taken its toll and then they go and do something really silly and end up on the sex offenders list. Even if it was only a one off. However, so saying, if I knew of a child molester, it would be a totally different kettle of fish! IMHO there is NO excuse.

Bobinovich
23-Apr-12, 08:53
Perhaps legislation that all sex offences are sub-judice until proven?

Why limit it to sex offences? What about Chris Jefferies in the Jo Yates murder case (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/18/christopher-jefferies-joanna-yates_n_1356637.html)...the press hung him out to dry! I'm for people being found guilty before details are allowed to be released (your link above being a very good case in point), and think the idea of different levels of sex offender mooted earlier would work much better than than the current 'all-in' sex-offenders register.

squidge
23-Apr-12, 09:57
Is the problem in both these cases not the system but the press? The media is responsible for the reporting and the salacious, lazy manner in which they report these things is well documented and I think is forming part of the levison enquiry. Look also at the television we watch. Big brother, im a celebrity, the only way is whatever.... Our entertainment has a big element of voyeurism or the peeping tom about it. As a society we gobble up the details of celebrity lives from the mundane to the ridiculous. We tune into and buy into these programmes and newspapers and magazines in the millions. Then, when the papers treat some man or womans life like its a bella article, we are surprised. The word associated with century should be 'salacious'. There is an argument that we get the media we deserve so maybe we all have to take some responsibility for the results. I dont know the answer as far as sex offenders are concerned but the demonisation of those accused, even if they are found not guilty, or charges or dropped is a terrible thing to see.

RecQuery
24-Apr-12, 13:02
Is the problem in both these cases not the system but the press? The media is responsible for the reporting and the salacious, lazy manner in which they report these things is well documented and I think is forming part of the levison enquiry. Look also at the television we watch. Big brother, im a celebrity, the only way is whatever.... Our entertainment has a big element of voyeurism or the peeping tom about it. As a society we gobble up the details of celebrity lives from the mundane to the ridiculous. We tune into and buy into these programmes and newspapers and magazines in the millions. Then, when the papers treat some man or womans life like its a bella article, we are surprised. The word associated with century should be 'salacious'. There is an argument that we get the media we deserve so maybe we all have to take some responsibility for the results. I dont know the answer as far as sex offenders are concerned but the demonisation of those accused, even if they are found not guilty, or charges or dropped is a terrible thing to see.

The media is most definitely to blame for a great number of things. Recently they have this obsession with the '24 hour news cycle'. I believe France bans all mention until a person is proven guilty. If someone is just accused of rape or paedophilia it can't severely damage their life for the rest of it and very little if anything happens to those making false accusations.