PDA

View Full Version : A present for a mates 16th birthday

wickchick
09-Jan-05, 18:29
Hiya , her birthday is coming up soon and i have no idea what i can get her?? it has to been in wick cause i cant get to inverness lol pretty limited. she likes most things . . .

Jenni
09-Jan-05, 19:48
What about a nice jewellery box for your friend? Even if she already has one, she will no doubt get jewellery from friends/family for her 16th and 18th birthdays and at least she would have somewhere nice to keep it all. I got a really nice wooden one for Christmas and I was delighted with it (think it may have come from Cameo jewellers) Just a suggestion though. :o)

Bill Fernie
09-Jan-05, 20:03
We had our house broken into recently and the jewellery box was one of the items taken. I recommend if anyone gets one it should not contain anything valuable and if it does do not keep it in any obvious place like the bedroom. Boxes are all too handy for thieves to pick up with all the valuables already in one place. Suggest you keep one with pieces of little value on show and hope it never happens.

Mr P Cannop
09-Jan-05, 20:16
We had our house broken into recently and the jewellery box was one of the items taken. I recommend if anyone gets one it should not contain anything valuable and if it does do not keep it in any obvious place like the bedroom. Boxes are all too handy for thieves to pick up with all the valuables already in one place. Suggest you keep one with pieces of little value on show and hope it never happens.

did you get all your things back Bill ??

tam
09-Jan-05, 20:37
gift vouchers are a safe bet
+ a lucky dip in the lottery :roll:

hope this helps

tam :D

linzy222
09-Jan-05, 21:10
I agree with the lucky dip

I sometimes do that for my family if i don 't know what to get them and if they win the jackpot surely u will get something lol ;)

EDDIE
10-Jan-05, 00:46
Im quite sure what ever u decide she will love it after all its the thought that counts

Lou18
10-Jan-05, 09:47
For my 18th my mates got me a champagne bottle engraved with my name, and date of birth along with a happy birthday message, it was really nice and personal (but a bit of a waste of champagne as I won't drink it) It's definately a keepsake thats a bit different....

linzy222
10-Jan-05, 12:44
for my sisters 30th birthday i didn't know what 2 get her and i wanted something she could keep, so while i was on ebay i found a person that does certificates for the day u were born,on it it has how many days they have lived for and celebrities birthdays, news etc oh and also their name and dob

I think it was £2.99 + p&p

my sister loved it and she put it in a frame and she can keep it forever

It is good if u have an ebay account or do u know someone who does??