PDA

View Full Version : Wait I thought Macs didn't get viruses/malware/trojans?

RecQuery
07-Apr-12, 13:33
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17623422 (Half a million Mac computers 'infected with malware')

Anything can be infected. it's ultimately down to the person who setup and is in control of the system, yes some are inherently more secure (Linux, Unix, Solaris, Proper BSDs) but it really depends on the user, system administrator or IT department and if they know what they're doing. Anything that is badly setup can be compromised. I'm not even talking about antivirus because in many ways that's security theatre; you can't come up with a technical solution for a people problem and all that, yes it's good idea to put it on client and user systems but I've never ran it on a personal system in my life.

EDDIE
07-Apr-12, 18:46
What do u think is better windows or mac ?

billmoseley
07-Apr-12, 18:59
windows keep the rain out of the house but a mac keeps it off you when your out so both very useful.

RecQuery
07-Apr-12, 19:08
What do u think is better windows or mac ?

It's all relative it depends on your needs or what you use it for.

EDDIE
07-Apr-12, 19:30
Im not to bothered about playing games ive got ps3 for that i just want to buy something that will last me last laptop i got 4years out if its broken now i just surf. Use word but might want to get into using 3d cad.

secrets in symmetry
29-Apr-12, 23:03
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17623422 (Half a million Mac computers 'infected with malware')

Anything can be infected. it's ultimately down to the person who setup and is in control of the system, yes some are inherently more secure (Linux, Unix, Solaris, Proper BSDs) but it really depends on the user, system administrator or IT department and if they know what they're doing. Anything that is badly setup can be compromised. I'm not even talking about antivirus because in many ways that's security theatre; you can't come up with a technical solution for a people problem and all that, yes it's good idea to put it on client and user systems but I've never ran it on a personal system in my life.Lol! One of the first things I did when I got back from the States was to check my Mac for Flashback. I'm happy to report that it wasn't infected. :cool: