PDA

View Full Version : Anyone missing a homing pigeon?

Geo
06-Apr-12, 19:23
We found a dazed homing pigeon in the garden. Looks like it has been attacked by a hawk as one flew off from a tree in the neighbour's garden. The pigeon seems to have no major injuries although some feathers are out of place and matted around the neck. He/she is very calm and resting on my son's lap. He seems very content as does the pigeon. (Boom boom). The ring number is SU 09 AB 4337.

Geo
06-Apr-12, 19:39
The Scottish Homing Union have informed the owner. The pigeon is from Aberdeen!

unicorn
06-Apr-12, 22:07
well done for helping it

Liz
06-Apr-12, 23:48
Glad you have located the owner and so good of you take care of it. :)

Geo
06-Apr-12, 23:56
It's a beautiful bird and clearly well looked after. Enjoys company. When it walked around the corner of the house it had a strut which put me in mind of the tune in the famous grouse advert. :)

DeHaviLand
07-Apr-12, 20:32
I had one last year that stayed around for 2 weeks while it recovered. It had been released in South Wales and was supposed to be going back to Belfast. It was a bit lost on the Black Isle!

Geo
07-Apr-12, 21:23
Not half! :)

Happy ending is a local pigeon person has taken Percie the Pigeon under his wing and will help him back to fitness.

unicorn
07-Apr-12, 23:05
I had one land on my head once whilst I was trying to groom a rabbit and talking on my mobile in the garden, that's what you call multitasking