PDA

View Full Version : Narcisism

squidge
05-Apr-12, 10:17
Did anyone read this article? I came accross it after reading a response in the Independent so I searched for it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I have learnt in my life that if lots of people dont like you the only way to find the reason is to look in the mirror and I dont mean at how beautiful you are. :roll: If you are nice - people like you. Regardless of whether you beautiful or ugly, fat or thin, clever or average. She should try being less self absorbed and more in tune with those people around her and she might find she has more friends.

This is the Independents take on this and they are right I think. Our women in History would be turning in their grave!

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/harriet-walker-roll-up-roll-up-womanbaiting-is-back-in-fashion-7619128.html? (http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/harriet-walker-roll-up-roll-up-womanbaiting-is-back-in-fashion-7619128.html)

RecQuery
05-Apr-12, 10:57
She strikes me as quite delusional, I'm no Adonis among men but I've seen a lot better, she's average I'd rate her between a 4 and a 6 maybe. She's a -3 with her personality though.

I do notice that women tend to really hate other women, some times it's completely irrational and other times it's over something relatively minor.

Assuming the anecdotes about people buying her things like tickets etc are true - What sort of fawning pathetic puppy dog does something like that. Buying things for her hoping to win her favour won't work it will only inflate her perceived self-value and lower yours.

Torvaig
05-Apr-12, 11:16
Well said Squidge; I couldn't read much of your quoted paragraphs as I find them too scary and yet I know that many women worry so much about their appearance that they lose their personality.

And of course some of those fickle members of the opposite sex help to endorse her scribbles! I would scribble like that if I thought I would get paid for it.

She is probably laughing all the way to the bank at the many reactions to her writings.

The most beautiful thing about a woman or a man is their genuine smile which shows in their eyes. A sense of humour and a decent brain helps too.......

Phill
05-Apr-12, 13:41
To be fair, she makes Camilla look good.

Obviously she has a very good opinion of herself. Deluded, self important opinion. Or is it just another no-mark trying to grab their 15 minutes of uberminor Z list 'celebrity' fame?

Whatever the daft cow is up to it certainly isn't helping the image obsessed, media driven issues that affect people of all ages, size, shapes and their own idea of beauty, And that of peoples opinions of others.

RecQuery
05-Apr-12, 13:57
To be fair, she makes Camilla look good.

Obviously she has a very good opinion of herself. Deluded, self important opinion. Or is it just another no-mark trying to grab their 15 minutes of uberminor Z list 'celebrity' fame?

Whatever the daft cow is up to it certainly isn't helping the image obsessed, media driven issues that affect people of all ages, size, shapes and their own idea of beauty, And that of peoples opinions of others.

She's probably got a book or a DVD to sell or something or will have very soon, that's the first thing that comes to mind with crappy fluff stories like this.

Margaret M.
05-Apr-12, 17:58
I would scribble like that if I thought I would get paid for it.

I don't think you could write that tripe even if you were being paid, Torvaig. Like you, I could not finish reading about her delusional self. I think this sums her up accurately:
Brick is clearly an insecure and socially inept sort of person; she's also patently not as beautiful as she thinks she is.

Moira
06-Apr-12, 22:43
I absolutely endorse what Sam Brick is saying and can empathise. I've had the same problem myself, for the whole of my life. ;)

Luckily enough I have a few true friends who keep my feet deeply entrenched in reality.

Without them I could be Sam Brick. I know where I'd rather be.........

gleeber
06-Apr-12, 23:07
Im not sure what to make of it although Im influenced by other opinions. I'm surprised about the amount of publicity it's recieved, worldwide. I find that more interesting than the ladys personal difficulties.

Torvaig
07-Apr-12, 00:02
Ah but she has been doing this for years; and the gullible public fall for it every time! It is along the same lines of those magazines you can buy which feature "stars" and every aspect of their sad, plastic pretend lives. The magazines sell and the people make money and are laughing all the way to the bank....

Errogie
08-Apr-12, 12:58
Perhaps the photos aren't the whole picture and she radiates some sort of animal magnetism in the flesh but from what I've seen and read she certainly doesn't set the heather on fire for me!

Bill Fernie
08-Apr-12, 14:49
Samantha Brick Interview on ITV's This Morning programme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0_CG3rmRYs

John Little
08-Apr-12, 15:00
I just had to stop that video part way through cos Mrs L had steam coming out of her ears....

I won't tell you what she said. :eek:

Phill
08-Apr-12, 15:07
I just had to stop that video part way through cos Mrs L had steam coming out of her ears....I won't tell you what she said. :eek:Is it infarctionable?!!!!

John Little
08-Apr-12, 15:22
Is it infarctionable?!!!!

Oh yes!!!..............

RecQuery
08-Apr-12, 17:23
The best way to deal with this is to stop talking about the attention whore.