PDA

View Full Version : Internet Phone

jinglejangle
13-Nov-06, 18:35
A family member is working abroad but bought a Tesco Internet Phone for himself and one of me so that I can speak to him for free. However, when I try and load the software onto my computer using AOL it says that AOL MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SUPPORT THIS FILE. AOL WILL PUT IT IN A TEXT FILE. When I say yes it doesn't do anything.

I have phoned AOL about it who tried different things but nothing worked. I then phoned Tesco who said, surprise surprise, it was a problem with AOL.

2 1/2 hours later I am still no further on [evil] ! Can anyone help?:roll:

I have also disabled the firewall etc.

blueivy
13-Nov-06, 19:39
A family member is working abroad but bought a Tesco Internet Phone for himself and one of me so that I can speak to him for free. However, when I try and load the software onto my computer using AOL it says that AOL MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SUPPORT THIS FILE. AOL WILL PUT IT IN A TEXT FILE. When I say yes it doesn't do anything.

I have phoned AOL about it who tried different things but nothing worked. I then phoned Tesco who said, surprise surprise, it was a problem with AOL.

2 1/2 hours later I am still no further on [evil] ! Can anyone help?:roll:

I have also disabled the firewall etc.

Found this:

To install it if you have aol, forget the cd installer, minimize AOL browser, Open up IE, in address bar type www.tescointernetphone.com/download
save to desktop
Then install.

jinglejangle
13-Nov-06, 21:34
Thanks Blue Ivy - you certainly know your stuff.

Got it up and running - free calls for me now!:Razz