PDA

View Full Version : Problem with rooks

caithnesszip
05-Apr-12, 02:41
Can someone help me my feeders are being attacked by rooks, ive tried tying them with wire etc but they just wreck the feeder with that beak [evil]
its not just a pain as they destory all feeder but they have scared off my finches so have to get rid off them

please advice as i want my gold finches and slow birds back

Kenn
05-Apr-12, 09:26
Where are your feeders located that the rooks can access them?
We had a similar problem with gulls but by putting a roof on the bird table and suspending the feeders under it, it denies access to the larger birds as they have no where to perch.

Commore
05-Apr-12, 14:50
We are having problems with them actually attacking our birds, physically eating them alive,
yesterday it was a female duck it attacked, but in the past year we have lost in excess of 30 hens, 19 doves and now they are after the ducks.

smithp
06-Apr-12, 21:23
Shoot Them. If this is'nt your cup of tea I did see some bird scarers on the way to inverness, basically they were silouhetted cut out birds of prey on a wire which is attched to the ground, acting as a scarecrow or scarerook.

bogart
07-Apr-12, 19:08
i suggest that shooting them might be a tad illegal in a garden, and rather dangerous! The sensible answer is as LIZZ says, try ways of making your feeders inaccessible to them. Whilst on the subject of Rooks, I spent a fabulous couple of hours watching them at a local rookery - they are fascinating!